RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

stupid neighbours....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Ken448

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stupid neighbours....

ORIGINAL: ziiaad
what he meant by the potato in the tailpipe is put it in a real car, not a nitro rc, not trying to be a smart@$$ or nothing
I am well aware of what he meant, and was only explaining that will not work, and used a nitro engine as an example since I know some here arent old enough to drive a 1:1 car, but they do drive a nitro RC.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Dorsil

Well, maybe you should be considerate of your neighbors. Sure your car is rocking. but maybe your parents dont want to deal with a pissed off neighbor, so just ease up riding it at your house maybe find a bash spot nearby.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My honest opinion, 2 stroke engines of any variety can be annoying noise wise to many people it must be the pitch or something. I know i had a kawasaki 2 stroke triple street bike and it was hated by many, very fast to i might add, it would do a geniune 80mph in 2nd gear, 100mph in 3rd etc. But to the point, the cops hated it even with one baffle burn out and the rest were in. Now if I was on a harely with full blown straight pipes they would not have bothered me.

The point is try running it somewhere were you won't annoy neighbors, i know thats a pain, but loud pipes have hurt many hobbies. Trail riding for motorcycles have been closed, loss of places to ride, noise ordinences put in place in local towns. Try finding a place that won't draw as much attention to the noise. Call a few hobby shops about how to quiet her down.

No offense ment towards anyone i love our hobby to, but am just trying to find ways to preserve it
Old 01-03-2008, 09:53 PM
dakota_davies

ORIGINAL: silverman1

My honest opinion, 2 stroke engines of any variety can be annoying noise wise to many people it must be the pitch or something. I know i had a kawasaki 2 stroke triple street bike and it was hated by many, very fast to i might add, it would do a geniune 80mph in 2nd gear, 100mph in 3rd etc. But to the point, the cops hated it even with one baffle burn out and the rest were in. Now if I was on a harely with full blown straight pipes they would not have bothered me.

The point is try running it somewhere were you won't annoy neighbors, i know thats a pain, but loud pipes have hurt many hobbies. Trail riding for motorcycles have been closed, loss of places to ride, noise ordinences put in place in local towns. Try finding a place that won't draw as much attention to the noise. Call a few hobby shops about how to quiet her down.

No offense ment towards anyone i love our hobby to, but am just trying to find ways to preserve it
thats because haleys are awsome!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Snaut Rocket

Why because they are loud.
Why should harleys be aloud to run with no mufflers and others cant.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:17 PM
rclynx

Because Harleys have to sound good because they can't beat anything accept each other
Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Thai

Hardly Goes Davidsons, lol. Overpriced, overweight, underpowered, "but shiny" 1930's technology sorry excuse of a product.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:19 AM
dakota_davies

off topic
Old 01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harely's do look and sound great, i've never heard a better sounding motorcycle, you ought to hear the v-rod it sounds totally wicked, but when it comes to overall performance, many and i mean many have them beat, and the same goes for price. you look at a japenese cruiser of equal size and displacement, and you'll pay half of what you would pay for a harely with a lot better reliability, but much poorer resale value. This thread isn't about bashing harelys though, but about issues of noise that bothers the neighbors.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Clymer122693

Those new night rods sound mean as he!! but yeah we are sliding off topic so lets get back on topic
Old 01-04-2008, 01:50 PM
nitrorcjunkie

A 1:1 car will start with a potato in the tailpipe. It won't run for long, but it will start. This is due to the long exhaust system and the fact that the pistons push burnt gases out of the combustion chamber. As for quieting your Savvy, there's not much you can do to it besides changing the pipe, or putting a deflector on the stinger. Most jursidictions have noise ordinances, measured in dB @ a given distance. Find out if your Savvy falls within the limits. Most leaf blowers are louder than our little micro engines, so you can tell your neighbors that you are in compliance.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Clymer122693

The savage is actaully pretty loud with the hpi polished pipe but I have heard savvys with the plastic pipe and deflector and they are not really loud but still loud and the deflector does not make much of a difference in sound just makes it a much lower tone...
Old 01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
bigairlife

Se my potato pipe idea would work.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:24 PM
ziiaad

just wait for your neighbors to leave, go to there house and put vaseline on the doorknob and when you see them coming back start playing with your rc, it will annoy them and then when they try to go inside they wont ne able to turn the door knob, and then they will be stuck outside listening to your rc
Old 01-04-2008, 08:21 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno about you guys, but I love the sound of my engines... I'm not bothered by the noise at all, neither are most of my neighbors and I live in NYC Anyways, I'm always respectful to neighbors, I dont run it before 10:30AM and after 6:30PM.. I understand that people come home and are tired after work, just like when I come from school. The only difference is that I relieve my stress in a very loud manner (AKA R/C if some of you guys were thinking of something else[&:]). Just remember to be respectful, to be honest, an exhaust deflector barely muffles the sound, and IMO makes the sound a bit more annoying. Remember that you're neighbors can't bother you as long as you dont do it too early in the morning or late at night..
Old 01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: silverman1

Wahoo! the H2, before H2 meant an overweight pompous presentation of everything an SUV shouldn't be!

if you want to be a REAL a-hole, complain when they mow the lawn or run their weed trimmer during the day. no nitro car I've owned makes as much noise as most internal-combustion lawn car tools...but most of all, if you're going to argue, be respectful and at least PRETEND to be concerned about what they want. Try to set a time they're ok with you running your car, and try to make EVERYBODY happy. There's no reason to make enemies that you don't NEED to make.

That being said, I used to have a neighbor with a '96-98 Mustang GT convertible. Nice car...but it had NO mufflers, and I worked till 4AM some nights. about 10 AM my neighbor would fire up his car, GOOSE THE GAS PEDAL CONSTANTLY for up to 10 minutes to "warm it up" before he left for work.

One day he did this...and that night (morning?) when I got home, I fired up my XTM X-terminator (loudest car I had at the time) and ran it past his bedroom window for about 2 or 3 minutes. Not that I don't appreciate the sound of a V8 with a loud exhaust...but I was happy to never hear THAT Mustang again.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:28 AM
ForkliftJeff

I'd say get the dual rear exaust pipe. Then if they complain about the noise you can just say... "Ya, but the two trails of smoke comin out the back is pretty kick ass!" Can't argue there.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Hordsak

I don't run my nitro's around my house anymore. My neighbors complained too. I used to just run it for a few minutes at a time, and they seemed not to mind too much. Then one day my buddy brought his savage by, and we must have bashed for 2 hours plus hehe. Ever since that day they whined. Now I just take it to my shop at work, or somewhere people are less likely to complain.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
ziiaad

ORIGINAL: ForkliftJeff

I'd say get the dual rear exaust pipe. Then if they complain about the noise you can just say... "Ya, but the two trails of smoke comin out the back is pretty kick ass!" Can't argue there.

LOL, thats the way to do it[8D]. and someone deleted one of my psts on this thread, i hope somebody got to read it, it was the vaseline joke