RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Let me tell you what I did!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 11:46 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let me tell you what I did!

I bought a used T-Maxx with a OS .15 CV. After a week I discovered the crank case was damaged around the exhaust port where someone stuck something in the port to tighten the flywheel. I finished ruining the enging when I tried to repair it with JB weld. A buddy of mine built a RC pulling tractor with a Tower Hobbies .15 that didn't work out like it was suppost to, so he gave the engine to me. He had to cut the head down to nothing, and modified the threaded portion of the crankshaft beyond me being to use it. So we used the head and crankshaft from an old Traxxas .15, (not the 2.5) and not only where they both a perfect fit, but the Tower Hobbies engine will scald the OS .15 CV, BIG TIME! We did the same thing several years ago with a Royal, and an OS MAX airplane engine(crankshaft only), and it's still running to this day. Has anyone else ever mixed parts from differant engines before and had it work? I wonder how many differant engine factorys there really are? Probably not as many as you think!