Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OK, I give

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 01:49 AM
grampi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, I give

What's the easiest way to install the ball-star looking universal on the drive shafts of the T-Maxx? Is there an easy way?
Old 04-11-2003, 02:11 AM
Dlock

Default OK, I give

LOL I have had many a troubles with this Grampi. You need a good pair of needle nose, flat head screwdriver, and steel knuckes.

One thing you might check that I noticed is a difference in stock and replacement parts. I found that the stock ball/star thingys, the pegs on them are bigger than the replacement ones I got. So I had to take the stock ball/star out and use one of the replacement ones. The pegs are smaller, but it works fine for me. I will post some pics of what I did. It takes some work and is a pain in the butt if you ask me. Hence another reason why I am getting CVD's.....
Old 04-11-2003, 02:16 AM
grampi

Default OK, I give

I'd like to have CVD's too, but I can't afford to fork over $150 for kits for the rear, center, and front. They're stinkin' expensive!
Old 04-11-2003, 02:37 AM
hoodiegadoo

Default OK, I give

you are supposed to use the tool that came with it. its the metal tool thats flat and rectangular with a slit in one end.......first put one spike in by hand and then pry the other one with the tool...you will kick yourself in the ass when you see how easily it can be done.....
Old 04-11-2003, 02:46 AM
grampi

Default OK, I give

I'm sure I will.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:48 AM
Dlock

Default OK, I give

Lol I did not even know there is a tool for it. Lemme try it, otherwise I will show you my pics...
Old 04-11-2003, 02:51 AM
Dlock

Default OK, I give

Holy crud!!! that was a lot easier than the way I was doing it. The first time I tried, I was like "Why don't they make a tool for this?" You would think that would be something they should put in the manual. If you can't get it Grampi, I can post some pics. It's pretty easy though....
Old 04-11-2003, 02:52 AM
Dlock

Default OK, I give

The CVD's will be a slow upgrade. I am only getting a set for my rear end right now. Eventually I will get a full set, but probably not for a while....
Old 04-11-2003, 03:16 AM
Dlock

Default OK, I give

Did you get it Grampi?
Old 04-11-2003, 05:48 AM
jeeptuff

Default OK, I give

Grampi must be cussing since he didn't reply.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:58 AM
hoodiegadoo

Default OK, I give

Yea thats actually really anoying, so I know how he feels...I actually broke one of the yokes after an hour of trying to get those stupid spikes in there and then I noticed that tool in my box, tried it.....and then wanted to kill somebody becuase it made it so easy. So I feel your pain.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:45 PM
grampi

Default OK, I give

I must be dumber than a door knob cause I don't see how this tool works.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:51 PM
hoodiegadoo

Default OK, I give

put one of the spike in by hand.....now take the slit and slide it around the other spike and under the yoke end with the hole......then push down and pry the spike in untill it pops into the hole.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:13 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default OK, I give

Almost as annoying as putting in 1.5mm e-Clips into a diff case. Took me 15 minutes for each one. Talk about being patient!!

Theres always 2 or 3 of these "I know it looks impossible but...do it!" sorta deals. In the end, I guess they only add to the satisfaction of owning an R/C vehicle!
Dont get frustrated grampi. Just keep at it and you'll get it. Frustration brings nothing but pain lol..

-ram
Old 04-11-2003, 02:20 PM
hoodiegadoo

Default OK, I give

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
Almost as annoying as putting in 1.5mm e-Clips into a diff case. Took me 15 minutes for each one. Talk about being patient!!

Theres always 2 or 3 of these "I know it looks impossible but...do it!" sorta deals. In the end, I guess they only add to the satisfaction of owning an R/C vehicle!
Dont get frustrated grampi. Just keep at it and you'll get it. Frustration brings nothing but pain lol..

-ram
............pain and broken tools....the day I was having problems with that stupid thing before i noticed that little tool and broke that one output yoke I threw an adjustable wrench at a wooden beam and it broke into three parts.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:27 AM
grampi

Default OK, I give

I'm still not having any luck using this tool. I think puttig the axle or shaft in a vise, and then clamping onto the end of the tool with a pair of vise grips would make the task much easier. Unfortunately, I don't have a vise.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Polobear

Default OK, I give

I'll timeshare my vice to you grampi... it even has rubber feet so you don't mar the metal. Reasonable costs!

Sorry to hear you're having problems w/ this. Get her runnin so we can bash sometime!

pb
Old 04-12-2003, 02:39 PM
grampi

Default OK, I give

Oh, my Maxx is running, I'm just not having any luck using this tool. I got it together using my own method, it just sucked! I will try to orginize a get together sometime in the near future. There are 3 of us here who have nitros now, Trey in Nunn CO, and yourself. The 5 of us could have a blast if we were to hook up. I'll try to put something together here within the next few weeks. This time of year, the weather's always a factor too.