Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

whos gonna get the vxl e-maxx brushless

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

whos gonna get the vxl e-maxx brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos gonna get the vxl e-maxx brushless

honestly its gona be sick 55mph rtr out of the box wow, im not a big electric fan but this truck has cought my eye.
whos gonna get one ?
what do you think of them ?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Bria1

Default RE: whos gonna get the vxl e-maxx brushless

I probably won't get one, but it looks cool. I like the changes they did to the E-Maxx overall.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

It's not being sold yet, right?

I would still rather get a nitro MT than an electric MT. I like electrics to be small light fun bashable and indestructible. Heavy electric MT is only fun and somewhat fast...
Old 01-08-2008, 11:12 PM
ThermalRD

I dont think they've even announced that yet, but its sort of inevitable. They have a new brushless system, and a new electric MT. Though i cant see why they would put a new one out soo fast. I'd be more inclined to think they'd sell a brushless upgrade for the e-maxx. But who knows. Anything can happen. RCX isnt too far off. But im a Nitro guy. It would take a pretty special electric MT for me to really care about it.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
infernalstone

It'd be cool. At my old track there was a guy who brought a brushless e-maxx to race with us, and they'd let him run. Only problem was he couldn't finish a main. But he was a monster on the infields with that thing.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm definitely going to go brushless eventually with my Emaxx, and if traxxas makes a good setup then I may just go for it.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:27 AM
LosiMadMan

I don't know about the Prototype E-Maxx but......I love how they stamp 70mph on the Rustlers box, but forget to tell you it takes a 3s 8000 mah Li-po to get anywhere near 70mph.

6 cell Ni-Mh = 37.2mph
Maxx amps 7 cell = 42.1mph
Maxx amps 9 cell = 45.3mph
Maxx Amps 2s 5000mah Li-po = 45.5mph
Maxx Amps 3s 5000mah Li-po = 63.6 mph
Max Amps 3s 8000mah Li-po = 66.1mph @438 ft.
Info from Xtreme Rc Cars Feb 2008
Old 01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

yeah man i am a huge ntro fan to but i dontknow i really like this as a basher and "rc caraction" said traxxas might have it hit production if it gets enough hits.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: SaVaGe MaN SS

yeah man i am a huge ntro fan to but i dontknow i really like this as a basher and "rc caraction" said traxxas might have it hit production if it gets enough hits.
Ah, so you didnt "know" of anything being released. You're just basing this off the Prototype twin VXL. That setup is not cost effective at all. They basically ran two entire VXL systems. Add that cost to an E-maxx, and you have one VERY expensive electric MT. Not very attractive if you ask me. Im confident Traxxas is hard at work on a VXL system for that maxx, but that twin setup just doesnt make sense to use two ESC's. You'd be waaaay better off buying the new E-maxx, then getting the new Tekin MT setup.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: SaVaGe MaN SS

Ah, so you didnt "know" of anything being released. You're just basing this off the Prototype twin VXL. That setup is not cost effective at all. They basically ran two entire VXL systems. Add that cost to an E-maxx, and you have one VERY expensive electric MT. Not very attractive if you ask me. Im confident Traxxas is hard at work on a VXL system for that maxx, but that twin setup just doesnt make sense to use two ESC's. You'd be waaaay better off buying the new E-maxx, then getting the new Tekin MT setup.
i was basing what i herd off of the traxxas forum moderator saying they were going to release a vxl setup. yeah true they only should have one motor running the truck and yeah its gonna be very expensive. im just gonna buy a cheap e-maxx off ebay and make it my own brushless beast. alot cheaper
Old 01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
infernalstone

Isn't a single brushless more than enough for an E-Maxx? I could see them slapping a cover where the second motor goes, and and just doing a single VXL in there.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

yeah thats what they should do cuz 2 brushless motors its going to be an overtorq monster it will kill the drivetrain.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:07 AM
AMK Racing

I talked to a friend of mine who is a Traxxas dealer, and he has a friend who works for Traxxas. What position he is actually in, I am not sure of. He could be a secretary for all I know. I never thought to ask actually what he does there. In any case, my friend was told by him that a VXL E-Maxx is definitely coming and that the V-Twin video is an early release teaser basically, without saying much more than that. Basically, any attention is good attention. Even if its not coming out right away, it still is luring people to their products in anticipation and many times people end up buying something else first because they can't wait on what they really want since they don't know if its really coming or not, so they settle for whats available at the time.

The bottom line from what I was told is that there will be a brushless E-Maxx coming for sure, which will be based on the E-Maxx that we are currently waiting on as well. Also, upgrades for the older ones, etc. It only makes sense to sell some new E-maxx's first without brushless gear, even though it is being set up to handle the torque and additional strain from brushless, then come out with the E-Maxx VXL as well as Brushless packages for the others already sold.

There has been a lot of debate and concern about cost with using two brushless esc's and motors with a VXL model, but it doesn't look like its going to be that bad from my understanding. I was informed that a VXL will be around what a REVO costs. The upgrade packages are a big portion of the market for current owners, and they also save some on the kits by excluding the current gear, which is marginal, but still affects the cost by about $100, then basically not getting a full markup on half the brushless gear because they know it has to be be kept in a realistic price range as well. It comes down to sell a lot for a little less, or jack the price up and don't sell many at all. I was told it will beat the cost of going out on your own and buying a single Mamba motor and esc, etc, etc, so it will be cost effective in many peoples eyes and no hassle as well. A single brushless motor/esc in a near 10lb truck is another concern as well with motor and esc longevity due to excessive heat during runs where the insulation starts breaking down prematurely. Not that it won't last a good while, but the life of the equipment may very well get cut short in the long run also.

I would expect that 50mph+ speeds from it are of course with premium Lipo Batts that will cost a good amount, as well as gearing. Thats where the two motors come in more so from my understanding of how it was relayed to me. Now you can really step up the gearing for speed because you now have two motors pushing it as well, so you don't lose too much torque and still have tons left over for wheelies for those who like them, while still achieving nice top speeds. I am not sure on time frame when it is supposed to be available exactly, but I was led to believe it will be in a few months or in that relative time frame.

Personally, I was planning on getting one of the new E-Maxx trucks to make brushless until I was informed that a VXL would coming down the road and will be waiting to get one of those to play around with. It may keep me from getting another Revo or parts and converting it to electric since I do like my 3.3 as well and just want the best of both worlds as I enjoy both. I love electric and always have for over the past 20 years, but there's also something about the sound, smell, etc of a gas as well even though I do find the electrics to outperform the gas ones in many ways. I think it just makes you feel manly to have a gas engine even though you may piss off your neighbors and some feel like a sissy switching to electric afterwards. I know many that fall into this category (maybe even me at times). Anyway, time will tell for sure one way or another and see if I was informed accurately. I think its worth waiting a few extra months for to see for sure whats happening before buying something you maybe wish you hadn't, because it may cost more to undo a mistake made out of anxiousness rather than be a little more patient.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Muggy250r

ORIGINAL: Yub, yub, cmdr!

It's not being sold yet, right?

I would still rather get a nitro MT than an electric MT. I like electrics to be small light fun bashable and indestructible. Heavy electric MT is only fun and somewhat fast...

im with ya there man! i love my rc18mt and my pede when i still had it! but a 55mph eletric truck might be fun, especially if it is water proof!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:21 AM
AMK Racing

I didn't hear anything about if it would be a water resistant model or not. It may be kind of contrary for Traxxas to put out an E-Maxx that isn't, especially after that specific point being a main point of its previous advertising, but who knows. We'll all have to wait and see on that as well. Regardless I'd still pick one up either way.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:37 PM
brushless

I already have the dual Velineon E-Maxx!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Evader ---> MGT

Here's the REAL one. But that's freakin sweet dude!

http://www.traxxas.com/products/vide...x/vtwin_05.htm

I SEE A BEAST!!![X(]
Old 01-25-2008, 02:40 AM
tmaxx_man87

i wouldnt think it could be water proof/resistant, water+brushless= dead brushless...
Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 AM
zjwhitrock

ORIGINAL: tmaxx_man87

i wouldnt think it could be water proof/resistant, water+brushless= dead brushless...
why?? moters shouldent be affected by water
Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 AM
rob123

Nice: It look like a real bad*****$ truck. Keep it coming!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
brushless

Here's the video of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7HNnBzf3eE4

I'd much rather have the Mamba Maxx ESCs because you can program them in so many ways. The Traxxas ones only have 3 set profiles.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:08 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VXL Emaxx is just a idea Traxxas is floating around right now. If you like it, email Traxxas and tell them to build it-I did. If I had to make a wager, I'd say Traxxas will probably build it and in doing so, they will make RC monster truck history again. As far as I know, no other factory manufacturer has a brushless MT in the works, so if Traxxas lets us have this one, it will be the ONLY brushless MT on the market.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
tmaxx_man87

im not sure why but when i had my mamba in mt 1:18t the lhs told me that it wasnt like a brushed motor, water would kill it.... and they said very quickly...
Old 01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: brushless

Here's the video of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7HNnBzf3eE4

I'd much rather have the Mamba Maxx ESCs because you can program them in so many ways. The Traxxas ones only have 3 set profiles.
very nice man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way, im coming over to steal your truck.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey brushless would you mind sharing what batteries you have in your settup?

did you change gears? did you have to mod anything to make it work? what are the run times?

I just got my new E-maxx on saturday... I drove an hour to pick up two..
the only ones we could find in the area (northern cal )

just love the truck .. tons of power and speed.. and I raced 1/8 buggies for years

I'd love to try out lipos and a brushless settup in it.. yours is a beast

I fly big electric jets and prop planes so I have tons of lipos and chargers

thanks
Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.