Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MT's in kit form (Grampi)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 04:30 PM
hoodiegadoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT's in kit form (Grampi)

I was asking a one of the staff at HPI if they were going to put out a Savage Kit that we could build and this is what he responded with:

We are looking into that, but it won't be in 2002. We recognize that some people want to build their own kit, but our first priority was to give our dealers and distributors what they asked for, which was the factory assembled version. A truck like the Savage would take about 8 hours to build for an experienced hobbyist, factory assembly reduces the time it takes a customer to get the truck running to about 15 minutes, which is a big reason why preassembled trucks have become so popular. Factory assembly also makes it easier for our customer service department because it eliminates the chance that the customer made serious assembly mistakes.

Those of you longing to build it yourself can always take it apart and rebuild it using the complete (68 page!) assembly instructions that come with the truck.

Note: HPI Europe and HPI Japan offer a version of the Savage that is assembled, but doesn't include the radio system. They do that because many of their customers prefer stick radios. There is no "kit" version of the Savage sold anywhere in the world.

I thought he made a decent point about the service department. Because I could definitely see that as a potential issue. However he did say they might be comming!!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Sad, little man

I really wish they offered a kit. I'd be more than willing to build one up to save a good amount of money on it. Plus I'd be much more likely to stick in a nice engine if I didn't have the stock one left over.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:52 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

EWWWWWWWW euros and japs prefer stick controllers over wheels?! how is that so! Man the way culture changes just because you're across a silly ocean :spinnyeye Anyways :-/
Old 04-11-2003, 09:48 PM
hoodiegadoo

Yea I know...I hope to see one come in a kit because then I'll get another and build it up REAL nice!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 10:36 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the best drivers in the world, Masami Hirosaka uses a stick version of the Mars. He's won world championships for 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, 1/12 on-road, etc.

Personally, I have no preference. Once you use either for any length of time, you don't think about what you're doing with the controller, you just do it. In fact, the next radio I'm planning to add to my collection is the KO Vantage Esprit II (same one Masami uses).
Old 04-12-2003, 03:28 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

heck I would be prefectly fine with just a prebiult savage wilthout engine and radio.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:14 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

maybe because they all have right hand drive..hehehe