Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mt2 G3.0 Vs. Firestorm

Old 01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Toymachine74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mt2 G3.0 Vs. Firestorm

Hey guys, im considering all of these three trucks to buy myself. The MT2 G3.0, or the Firestorm. I can get the MT2 for 330$ Canadian funds which is good. Or the Firestorm for 260$. Other than the fact the MT2 is 4wd I would like to know what the differences are, how each responds to mild crashes, performance so forth.

I found out the 18ss kit for 329 does not come with a radio so I won't be getting that
Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
firestormanation

Default RE: Mt2 G3.0 Vs. Firestorm

The Firstorm is very durable. I have crashed mine lots of times and crashed it hard. It is pretty fast too and the handling is pretty good but I am sure that the MT2 G3.0 would out-handle the Firestorm. I think that 2wd is fun though because you will learn how to drive better anyways. I haven't broken a single part on my firestorm except the pullstart but that was my fault because I pulled too hard. From my experience, the Firestorm is great and very fun to drive.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 AM
billdo76

I actually own both, and as of this Saturday I will buying my second Firestorm. 1 I will be for racing and will be putting the ROAR legal O.S. 12TG-P. 2 I will keep around for bashing. I prefer the Firestorm over the MT2 just because it is more durable and the fact that I feel more comfortable allowing others to drive the Firestorm just because it is far more durable.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:20 AM
Toymachine74

That last part about you being more comfortable with people drive it sounds good. There is deffinatly going to be some in-experienced people driving this probably every day...

I might just go with the firestorm for now. and in a month later i'll buy a mt2. I am getting 2 cars...

Thanks for your input!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:27 PM
dapro

I had the MT2 (.15) first, while its a great truck, you have to find the right amount of shims for the diffs or you will be replacing them, and upgrade the steering servo...I fell maddly in love with the firestorm right away, I sold the radio and servos first thing, put a 645mg steering servo on (servo horn in box) and put a good throttle servo on.

I say firestorm
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 PM
torkk

So, to ask which is faster of the 2.

I was thinking of the MT2 g3 or the 18ss+, but I keeping reading everyone sayin the Firestorm is more durable. My bud has the g3.0 I dont want to be left in the dust by him.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:59 AM
jumpanddrop

is the 2wd much harder to controll. thats why im looking at the mt2. im a beginner driver and i want to try racing on a track. mt2 or firestorm???