Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Id like to see rcu do a monster truck shootout!!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Id like to see rcu do a monster truck shootout!!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Id like to see rcu do a monster truck shootout!!

Im sure it might anger some people, the results that is but a full blown monster truck shootout, to find the best over all trucks would be great. The question, is it possible, or would to many manufactures be offended and rcu would lose business. I think it would be great, rate them in bashing, racing, cost, upkeep, parts availability, newbie friendliness, intermediate or expert. What do you think possible??
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
sheograth

Default RE: Id like to see rcu do a monster truck shootout!!

Websites like these cant risk that sort of stuff, vendor relationships are too important. You'll never see a large commercial website like RCU outright say X is better than X - at least not when it comes to major players like HPI, Traxxas, Losi, etc. Just look at the RCU reviews - theyre great if you're looking for a nice video and some good pics, but theyre very mild in terms of pointing out cons, and they rarely do meaningful comparisons across brands.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:19 AM
silverman1

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I know its the same sorta of with motorcycle reviews, they point out all the good qualities in all of them, they do still have a winner in thier shootouts though. For instantance even though bike a may be the fastest, best handling bike d maybe the most comfortable and easy to control. I've read the losi 8truggy is the ultimate racing machine of the rtr's out of the box, but its handling is tougher to get used to, and less forgiving. But for all you losi fans I gotta say this is one of the priemer truggies out there for sure.

Just like some rcs for instant the hpi rush versus the duratrax max st for a newbie, during my beggining experience. The rush was the easiest to tune single needle carb no low spd, less stuff vibrated loose. Oerall my best learning truck by far. The duratrax max st, things vibrated loose tuning was tricky for a newbie, but if you could get through the learning curb this little truck was a rocket, and a blast to run.

I just think this kinda of info would help people in choosing a rc and not getting in over your head and quitting.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:23 PM
tmaxx_man87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why doesnt someone make a pole with all the popular monster trucks, everyone can vote...you could make catagories such as bashing/racing/price...