smokey091

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rate the revo 3.3/savage 4.6

which one is a bettert truck and more durable
Old 01-15-2008, 02:33 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rate the revo 3.3/savage 4.6

The Revo drives better IMO, handles more nimbly and is definitely faster. However, most people find that the Savage can take more abuse.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:36 AM
snoking16

most people dont bash like i do and my revo has held up amazingly.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:03 AM
cujoman

they are both good trucks but i would go with the revo.... the revo is quicker and it's pretty tough...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:31 AM
hmott3

The Savage is known for being the best basher truck on the market, its had that reputation for years now, and with the 4.6 you get a nice big block to do that bashing with.

The Revo 3.3 is knowing for being a much closer "read to race" truck that can also take some bashing.

Both have great aftermarket support, both will break if you bash them to hard, both need maintance at probably about the same levels. I have a Savage X 4.6rtr that I love, but I bet I would have loved a Revo 3.3 also. I have broken it, but if any truck does 15+ foot plus jumps including double back flips off a home made ramp with a 9 year old driving.. things will break. Its held up VERY well considering the abuse it gets though. I bet you will be very happy with either truck, until something breaks, just go get the one that stands out to you.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:17 AM
hajile1997

Man this is a topic that is beaten over and over...They are two different trucks for two different purposes!! One is not better than the other

The Savage X has proven itself as a basher par excellence. The Revo has proven itself as a racer and fastest out of the box of any RTR monster truck.

Get both!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:46 PM
rob123

Yeah, I agree!!! Their both good trucks. We have been down this road before. I don't have anything better to do. LOL!!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:22 PM
drivefastgto

I'm waiting for the day when I log onto this forum, and every single thread is a "Revo vs Savage vs MGT vs LST2 vs GST" thread. I fear that day may come soon...

Honestly, every monster truck over $350 that I can think of should be reasonably strong and fast...Except the T-Maxx, of course. Not only that, but these trucks are all upgradeable. You can make a basher into a racer and vice versa.

I think the best single piece of advice I hear people say is to pick the truck(s) you can get parts the easiest for, and go from there.