RKM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New T-Maxx 2.5 questions.

I have a new t maxx 2.5 I am having a little trouble with the tuning. I have one of those engine timp things from traxxas. It is realy a nice tool. Anyone else use one? I have a question. If I am running 250 degrees. constant. when I come to a stop it heats up obviously because no cool air is passing over the head. But I didn't know if I had it tuned a little fatter would it hold a certain temp at idle sitting still?

I found out the hard way that flywheel (big plastic gear) does not last long. I think it broke after a jump. I dont think that I let off the gas quick enough. My question is I want to get an aluminum one. When I replace this thing. Is their a certain amount of torque that has to be put on the nut that holds it on? Should I get a different gear ratio? Any ideas.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 04-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Dlock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The stock slipper gear is actually very durable. You just need to make sure that the nut is not too tight allowing it to slipp when there is a sudden force put on it. It is designed to take the stress off your transmission. Traxxas says to tighten the nut all the way and the loosen it 1/4 of a turn. This should allow sufficient slippage. I would guess that when you get a metal one it would be pretty much the same thing....
Old 04-15-2003, 01:15 AM
Ross143
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Be Carefull

The plastic spur gear is meant to take the stress off the transmission during running. If something goes wrong, it breaks, no big deal. But if you have that same stock tranny with a metal gear, the transmission will absorb the stress, so now instead of having a busted spur gear you need a new transmission. That's why I'm keeping my stock spur untill I upgrade my tranny.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:18 AM
RKM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what do you mean about up gradeing the tranny? Do you have a list of parts I can get? Is it simply metal gears in the tranny to? I don't wan't to have to do this again. What kinda cost should I expect?

How about this reverse. I just got the truck broke in, and I can tell that I do not like reverse. It sounds funny to say that, but it takes to much time. You have to play with it to get it to go in and out of gear. And dont be on a hill or up against something. It will never go in gear then.

I think I am hard on my truck. It has 7 tanks through it and I broke the left a arms, and 1 shock. It kinda sucked. the video traxxas gives you recomends you find a open area to break the engine in on like a paved road. Well it works well but the truck can get outa controle with easily. With that said. I was no the last tank of gas for the break in period and I found the post on my mail box. It hit while in a slide as the tmaxx pushed past my driveway. All is good now I bought new a arms and then on the next tank of gas I broke the slipper gear. I just want to make sure I fix it right the first time around.

I sold my real race car and my wife cant get over how inexpensive the parts are for these little guys.

lucky me hu
Old 04-15-2003, 02:47 AM
Ross143
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are tons of hop ups, there must be something somewhere, don't remember where I saw it, prolly expensive. I know there are metal trannys w/ metal gears, etc... I'm rough on mine too, during the first few tanks I've managed to bust two A-arms and 2 shocks when I hit a dumpster, skidplate, and gnarled up my bumpers pretty good.... Hit my lampost too... The tranny has never been a problem for me, just don't rev it when you jump. I would just get another stock gear for now, there only a couple of bucks. If you do want to mod it it's gonna be expensive. And remember metal isn't bulletproof either, something is going to give eventually, even if it's completely metal. Hitting something at almost 40 is gonna cause damage....
Cheers