Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Im having troubles with Warhead tranny

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Im having troubles with Warhead tranny

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 PM
atv_motocross#38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im having troubles with Warhead tranny

I am in the process of installing a forward only conversion in my warhead and im having some troubles removing the big gears that are on the inside.

I am this far. How do i get the big gears out. They seem to be stuck on the shaft.

And where does this little pin go?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
davido666

Default RE: Im having troubles with Warhead tranny

Remember there are two locking set screws that hold the 2nd gear to the shaft. Do not take out the shifter set screw. Look on the warhead manual and you will see what I mean. First remove the locking set screw than in the same hole below the first is a second set screw. The first one prevents the second one from coming loose. If you don't have the manual go to www.duratrax.com and follow the vehicle link and check for the manual that you can download.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:38 PM
keeblerelf

You have to remove the clutch from the shaft (the shiny disc in front of the large gears). You need to remove the grub and then the set pin from the clutch. Remember, it's not the hole that goes into the clutch at an angle.

I'm not exactly sure what that pin is. I don't remember any pins in the transmission that weren't threaded.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:44 PM
davido666

The pin he took out is one of the ones the the second speed shifter engages against.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 AM
86atrack4

If I can remember right, the reverse input gear tube gets indented and is hard to get off the reverse shaft.
That is one of the best upgrades you can do to that tranny, I kept blowing out the one way bearing in the tranny, the reverse input gear. The metal is to soft and wears very fast.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 AM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

There are two set screws on the gears one is at an angle is the shift adjustment, the set screw is a bigger screw it has two set screws in it you take out both of the set screws and the whole gear assembly will come off you need to rotate the gear to expose the one you want, also when reassembling the transmission make sure to use plenty of locktite on the pin screw and the set screw that go on with the reverse only gear or you will have a problem. Heres a picture of the hole you want.

Josh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19285.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	856867  
Old 01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
atv_motocross#38

I still dont get where that little pin goes. I dont see it in the manual (exploded view) and i dont remember where it goes because it fell out as soon as i opened up the casing.