Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best of the Best Competition

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:19 PM
MadManAndrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best of the Best Competition

Hey,I've got an E-Maxx,a Savage X 4.6, and today my dad got a Revo 3.3.Looking at the Revo I'v decided that I will no longer dis or trash the Revo.The Revo is THE BEST OF THE BEST IN RACING and the Savage X 4.6 is THE BEST OF THE BEST IN BASHING.

Anyway the title is The Best of the Best Competition because tomarrow we're going to go to a local soccer field and race.We sadly will only be able to race 2 at a time because because of a lack of short term memory all three truck had the same frequency,#6 or blue.Fortunutly my dads pede had yellow so.TO THE POINT;Does anyone know from expareience if a stock revo 3.3 will beat a stock Savage X 4.6.I'm scared.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:27 PM
hawk 2

Default RE: Best of the Best Competition

Make a video of it. I'm sure everyone would like to see that. According to all the vs. post, stock for stock, the revo is supposedly faster. Have fun with it!!
Old 01-19-2008, 11:33 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video shows it all, from video you can analyze engine tune, driver ability, handling, suspension, gearing, and just basically see what is going on.

Talk is cheap....and on RC forums, I see way too much talking, and not enough proof. so anybody reading this, if you have a bold post to make, or anything as far as what is best, prove it. that's my take on it [8D]
Old 01-19-2008, 11:34 PM
hilifemt

oops, messed up trying to edit my post
Old 01-19-2008, 11:37 PM
MadManAndrew

I guess I'll be making a video...
Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 PM
MadManAndrew

Heres some kinda phsical proof.The spare parts bag that came with the Revo has like everything but a transmission and an engine in it.Shows how much confidence Traxxas has in the durability of the Revo...
Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 AM
cujoman

lol.. ok, this is just a clip i found on youtube but from what i can see.. this poor savage is running way too rich and will make it very slow. a few adjustments and i am sure it will keep up with the Revo.. however I know the Revo will take it in the long run... the Revo is lighter than the savage too. enjoy the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv3YlWbh0Eo
Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 AM
IL2mSturmovik

I have seen a Savage with a .25 outrun a 3.3 Revo in a drag race.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
black mamba

When will people stop comparing a Savage to a Revo? They are two completely different trucks with two completely different intended usages. Apples to oranges never makes for a good comparison.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:38 PM
MadManAndrew

I know,thats what im saying,but just to try to completely stop the fighting we will be racing tomarow.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:20 PM
dirt101

the race should be close, but the longer the race is the farther the revo will get ahead. If the revo was outfitted with a 40t spur, and a standard ratio tranny set it would be no comparision. The revo is overgeared from the factory(IMO but im a brushless guy so torque is my thing) the revo would then accelerate like a BB and top speed would still be similar between the 2.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 AM
jessemxt

SO WHAT HAPPENED YOU CANT LEAVE US HANGING?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:33 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

Heres some kinda phsical proof.The spare parts bag that came with the Revo has like everything but a transmission and an engine in it.Shows how much confidence Traxxas has in the durability of the Revo...
Lying won't win you votes of being a decent person.

The Revo includes 0 spare parts. They do include tuning parts such as springs and rockers in a different progressive level to tune the suspension. Maybe if you studied the manual and read it you would understand that.

The Savage doesn't include any tuning parts or a receiver pack and charger, HPI expects you to buy them so they can line their pockets quicker.

Proof is HPI/Traxxas and hobby stores make far less profit on selling a kit than spares/tuning parts. So Traxxas is putting tuning parts in the RTR kit and not making as much. Shows Traxxas might care more about keeping a new customer pleased from day one than HPI.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 AM
supertib

If someone is going to race they should just skip right over the Revo and get a Truggy...Truggies are just better machines for racing..

if someone is out to bash and have fun they should just skip a Savage and buy a Truggy..Truggies are tougher, faster, handle better and jump better...and overall make a much better basher

So best of the best between a Savage and a Revo is be smart with your money and buy a Truggy...Much better machine then any of the MT"s.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 AM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: supertib

If someone is going to race they should just skip right over the Revo and get a Truggy...Truggies are just better machines for racing..

if someone is out to bash and have fun they should just skip a Savage and buy a Truggy..Truggies are tougher, faster, handle better and jump better...and overall make a much better basher

So best of the best between a Savage and a Revo is be smart with your money and buy a Truggy...Much better machine then any of the MT"s.
What is up with you truggy 'fan boys'? First of all your reply does not even apply to the original post. another thing, A truggy does not race in the MT class. and 3rd, this is a MT forum, so why do you think anyone wants to hear about how the truggy is best?

you dont hear the buggy dudes saying "dude get a buggy, they are way faster, handle better and will smoke a truggy on the race track...Buggies are the BEST!"

I see way too much of this truggy crap on a "MT" forum! I think you have your own forum to brag about "Truggy Domination" If your such a truggy fan, why are you even in the MT forum?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:07 AM
infernalstone

Have you ever WATCHED truggy racers? 99% of them are maniacs who need a testosterone adjustment. I find MT racing to be much more laid back and enjoyable. Besides, truggies look silly.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Ingen28

I would compleatly agree with GRAVEDIGGER, The Revo is a true monster truck "per ROAR" that is built to drive more like a truggy. The savage is simply a monster truck that puts durability and ground clearance above cornering ability.

As for getting a truggy to bash with, if you are driving in rocks, mud, or anything other than a skate park and grass then the ground clearance will become an issue. Yes the truggies corner and jump better, but they are not ideal for what a MT is capable of. Their is a reason they have so many different styles of trucks, they are all suited for diffrent things. I would love to see any truggy creeep up to a 6" curb and crawl over it! It wont happon, they only run about an inch of groung clearance compared to the MT's that average about 4". any you have to have ground clearance for bashing!

Any ways for my opinion as to which I prefer, i would say the Revo. Simply becouse of the suspension layout. Even if you are a Savage fan you have to apperciate the amount of engineering that went into making that setup work. And that is what makes the revo a MT, that with a good setup and driver can keep up with an average driver and setup truggy on the track. (before you argue that this isnt possible I have seen it done!)

Anyways, they are both good trucks that happon to be suitted for slightly diffrent specialties, Their is no way of saying one is better than the other, just each person has a preferance for one over the other.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
supertib

Okay okay I'll relent some here !

You all owe it to yourselves to try all 3 machines.... with good used RC's readily available everywhere these days , its not overly difficult or expensive to rotate RC vehicles.....There is no one best RC and threads like these are totally pointless in reality... the only true way to judge these machines is to own them for yourself....... I have owned a pile of Savages, couple Revo's smallblock and big block , a few T-Maxx's and a LST2..... I have also owned a Jammin CRT, CEN Matrix TR, and a Mugen MBX5T........I will burn as much as 25 gallons of fuel in a season running all types of machines...Buggies, Truggies and MT's............

Moral of the story is you need to keep a very open mind, and be willing to try a few platforms before you go investing big coin in hopping up a MT for track racing..buying and selling used gear is an excelent way to demo Truggy, Buggy and MT... then after you MT guys have driven a real quality Truggy maybe a few of you will see my POV on the subject....

Anyways my own personal advice to someone about to enter the hobby is to skip the MT's and get a truggy right off the bat.... After driving a tuned and setup Truggy I find it difficult to get motivated to run my MT's.. The increased maintennace and operating costs of a MT are also a major deterrent to me.... Hoppups are all fun and all, but really kill the lower intital price of a MT... in most cases by the time a person builds a competent MT they end up spending more money then I have spent building my full race Mugen MBX5T..on resale my MBX5T is worth double of a hopped up MT........ And me personaly
Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
supertib

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ingen28

As for getting a truggy to bash with, if you are driving in rocks, mud, or anything other than a skate park and grass then the ground clearance will become an issue. Yes the truggies corner and jump better, but they are not ideal for what a MT is capable of. Their is a reason they have so many different styles of trucks, they are all suited for diffrent things. I would love to see any truggy creeep up to a 6" curb and crawl over it! It wont happon, they only run about an inch of groung clearance compared to the MT's that average about 4". any you have to have ground clearance for bashing!

Speculation and reality are two different things... Truggies bash wicked........ they do not rock crawl though ! I will agree on that.....but hill climbing and gravel/dirt pit bashing a Truggy is king

Truggies and MT's use the same tires.... therefore the spindle clearance is identical, and real ground clearance is spindle clearance ..above 5 MPH a Truggy will do everything any MT can do but better.....The Truggies bottom is a flat pan, that will easily skip over rocks and rough terrain...Take a Revo a Savage and Truggy and go blast across a rough plowed farmers feild at full throttle.... the Revo and the Savage will be tipped over on their roofs while the Truggy will skip across the top of the field like a boat on water...The Revo's and Savages bottom will get caught up over the rought stuff much sooner then a Truggy will..... The only place a Truggy is limited is in slow speed climbing and crawling....

Just because a Truggy has a flat pan chassis do not discount it as a basher, they runt he same sized tires as a MT, and after 5 MPH they can do anything a MT can do... If your into very slow speed rock crawling stuff a Truggy is not for you......... But if you tend to bash at above 10 MPH a Truggy is simply unbeatable IMHO...
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM
supertib

Heres is my old used CRT out at the gravel pits... I bought this used right off the local race track.... this is a 100% track setup..It definitely could be tweaked to a bash setting from here

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...18978039295778
Old 01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
hilifemt

Heres is my old used CRT out at the gravel pits... I bought this used right off the local race track.... this is a 100% track setup..It definitely could be tweaked to a bash setting from here

No wonder you dont break anything. You call that bashing? bwahahaha... thanks for the good laugh though all in good fun.

I like truggies, don't get me wrong. but why come into a MT forum and talk about them?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

No wonder you dont break anything. You call that bashing? bwahahaha... thanks for the good laugh though all in good fun.

I like truggies, don't get me wrong. but why come into a MT forum and talk about them?

I admit this video is not abusing the Truggy, as that was my very first day with that CRT, or with any Truggy for that matter ....so at the time I was not quite sure how tough it was....We just ran it for kicks that day and were stunned by how easily it outclimbed the MT"s on the hills... As well contrary to popular belief the Truggy covers the rough terrain much easier then the MT"s did... THe video quality is not the best, but that ground is heavily rutted and filled with big rocks..the MT's were getting caught up and flipping over all day...on the hills there was no contest, the Truggy carved around the MT's..

As for toughness, there is no contest... the MT's break much quicker and easier then Truggies do, anyone who owns a quality Truggy and MT's will also tell you the same thing..

As for posting in a MT forum... Well I do not see the harm... If someone is looking to buy a new RC I feel they should keep an open mind about Truggies ..I see alot of very inacurate information being told about Truggies to keep people buying MT's... So IMHO if a person is looking for a Bashing/racing machine you cannot beat a Truggy.....
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 AM
infernalstone

That's fine that you like Truggies more than MTs. I've never driven a truggy, but I have no interest in it. I know that the truggies are faster in every possible way, and are relatively easier to work on. But to me, that doesn't mean that it's more fun to drive. I personally like trying to race in a class of non-race vehicles. As far as racing and operating costs, a lot of that is non-essential. Really, I race a revo with an upgraded motor, RPM arms and titanium rocker pins. Aside from that and the F.O.C. conversion, that's it. And I'm competitive with this vehicle. Could I go load this thing out with trick stuff? Sure. But it's not going to actually do anything.

Yea, used RC is a good way to try out other classes, but still I'd rather not spend the 300+ bucks to get a used vehicle up and running to try a class I'm not interested in.

The real problem here is people hug their own choices way too much and get rabid when others disagree with it. I'm guilty of it, too, I'm sure. Perhaps we just all need to go back to Blackfoots, Stampedes and Clodbusters.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

That's fine that you like Truggies more than MTs. I've never driven a truggy, but I have no interest in it. I know that the truggies are faster in every possible way, and are relatively easier to work on. But to me, that doesn't mean that it's more fun to drive. I personally like trying to race in a class of non-race vehicles. As far as racing and operating costs, a lot of that is non-essential. Really, I race a revo with an upgraded motor, RPM arms and titanium rocker pins. Aside from that and the F.O.C. conversion, that's it. And I'm competitive with this vehicle. Could I go load this thing out with trick stuff? Sure. But it's not going to actually do anything.

Yea, used RC is a good way to try out other classes, but still I'd rather not spend the 300+ bucks to get a used vehicle up and running to try a class I'm not interested in.

The real problem here is people hug their own choices way too much and get rabid when others disagree with it. I'm guilty of it, too, I'm sure. Perhaps we just all need to go back to Blackfoots, Stampedes and Clodbusters.

You sound exactly how I sounded before I shot that video LOL !!! 110% the same sentiment LOL

On a oddball impulse I bought that CRT when my dam Revo broke at the track.. We didnt have a big MT turnout and I was forced to run with the Truggies, after i seen how badly my Revo looked next to a Truggy I asked to drive my buddies CRT ( never drove a Truggy in my life)......... and well after back to back running that CRT from my Revo I offered to buy that CRT ont he spot... The very next day I shot the video of the CRT at the sand hills............

Anyways I hated Truggies as much as most MT guys do..scorn something you dont understand.... But the first time I actually drove that CRT I knew there was no going back to MT's.. the fun and thrills from the Truggies speed and capabilities far outweight the clumsy antics of a MT.... At least for me they did....

I guess the main difference is this..people disliking Truggies are doing so based off speculation and not much else... How can you say you have no interest if you have no clue how they even drive or bash... Your making assumptions and closing your mind before you even try a dam Truggy...and you evenhave the nerve to start telling people Truggies dont bash well ...IMHO your in no position to say anything about truggies other then " I have never driven a Truggy, so I really cannot comment on them" sorry to come off this way..but IMO unless a person has owned and driven a product they should refrain from specualtiong on its characteristics and capabilities....
Old 01-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Ingen28

Thats it......im breaking out the RC10GT's tonight so i remember where it is that i came from.....Infernalstone, i think you make a good point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.