Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Want a replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 PM
torkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a replacement

I might be looking for a new nitro truck, MT or ST not sure of which. But, my tmaxx is alittle tired engine sucks, so I might be looking for a new truck but I dont have a big budget for 1. Any recommendations would be great.

1, Buget is top concern
2, available hop ups for if and when I need to upgrade things
3, good power/ speed

Thanx
Old 01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
hmott3

Default RE: Want a replacement

Do some research on the Thunder Tiger ST1. I think they are in the sub $200 range and I've read tons of great stuff about them. I was torn between the ST1 and the Savage X 4.6. I went with the Savage because it was available local with LHS support. But now I'm buying more online then from the LHS anyway, I don't think it would really matter. I think Amain has the best prices on them. If thats not you cup of tea I think dollar for dollar you can't bet a Savage X 4.6rtr, or kit if you have rx/tx laying around for it.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
ericem

Default RE: Want a replacement

I don't know man. I tried monster trucks. I still own a Monster GT, but I love my ST-1. They are very low maintenance. They are also lighter and with only 1 gear that in general makes it alot more reliable! Since it has a center differential also handles tons better. Even thought the Monster GT can wheelie, the ST-1 is still much faster then the Monster GT it also jumps alot nicer and exactly the way I want it to, I also owned a LST2. After spending all the money I did on my LST2 I wish I would have just started out with truggy's.