Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MT comparisons and "This MT is better than that" thread

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MT comparisons and "This MT is better than that" thread

Old 04-21-2003, 01:35 PM
grampi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT comparisons and "This MT is better than that" thread

I agree with most everything you're saying. However, when several mags radar varify the Maxx's top speed at more than 40 mph, I believe it. Now if if one mag gave its top speed at 40+, while others were posting numbers in the 30's, then I'd have doubts. Can we move on to some more constructive discussions?
Old 04-21-2003, 03:38 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Well,

Allright. I dont think that many of us are concerned with top speed as much as we are with other things.

Heres how I would rate my priorities on a MT:

Balance
Power and Acceleration (NOT speed..anything over 35 is good)
Suspension (jumping)
Looks and Sound

You know.. I had a bright idea.. maybe I can get a Savage and put in a Diesel OS in there I'll get the hummer body and get the exhaust to come out of the top..
I dont know if the smoke is actually black, but it would be bad ass!

Speed is to an Onroar car what Attitude and torque is to a MT!

-ram
Old 04-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Dlock

It's discussions and reasons like this that I wished we all lived in the same neiborhood and could go out and have fun together. Trying to prove one thing on the computer is waaaaay harder than doing it in real life. This would help to solve some of the disputes, and would give people real world experience with things, rather than just thinking they know what they are saying. Not saying you are all full of BS, but some people make claims without the proof, or experience to back them.

I think we should all move somewhere and start a new city. We will have all kinds of fun. Here would be some requirements.

1. BBQ's every day, only between races.
2. The town would be built around a central "RC" area.
3. No full size vehicles in the "RC area" so no one will crash into them (you know who you are )
4. Fully stock RC shop with parts for every vehicle, airplane, boat, etc. you could imagine.
5. Plenty of good people with good knowledge to lend a helping hand.

These are just some of the things I would want hehe . If anyone else has ideas post em up. I know this is a pipe dream, but it sure would be fun.....
Old 04-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Default hehehehe

That would get boring....half the fun is waiting on the truck pullin up outside, I feel like a kid again
Old 04-21-2003, 05:25 PM
grampi

Just think, when the MGT comes out, everyone will be comparing these 2 trucks to it.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:14 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

And I'll be the one to start the comparison..LOL

Ideas? How abou more complex electronics?
What we need here is some competition to bring down the cost of these things!!

Then we can all enjoy the RC dream for less lol

but maybe RCU should start a Regional Forum.. where people from the same area of the US can meet. This way we can actually arrange regional meetings!
Like I actually met one of our members "DBOW" through RCU..

we ran a few tanks.. and I learnt a LOT about tuning etc.

I think its only a matter of time before the "general public" catches on and more of us have RC cars!

But like the easter post says.. we just gotta announce and people will come out of nowhere with their RC cars!!

For all I know one of you guys might be 10 miles from where I live! (Norcross, GA)

Wow.. its insanely windy outside!!

Anyway.. I'm out.. gonna play some racquetball!

ram

-ram
Old 04-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by grampi
I agree with most everything you're saying. However, when several mags radar varify the Maxx's top speed at more than 40 mph, I believe it. Now if if one mag gave its top speed at 40+, while others were posting numbers in the 30's, then I'd have doubts. Can we move on to some more constructive discussions?
Yes, grampi. If its in a magazine, it must be true. IF you think the tester trucks given to these mags by traxxas are in any way like what you buy off the shelf you are NUTS. These mags dont go and buy one off the shelf, they are give very special testers to them by traxxas. This is nothing new, motorcycle and auto companies do the same thing. You must be a sucker for infomercials!!
Old 04-21-2003, 10:06 PM
BGates
My Feedback: (3)

that was funny ava :rainfro:
Old 04-21-2003, 10:07 PM
grampi

If that's true, then the same must be true for the Savage as well. So the top speed of an off-the-shelf Savage must be something less than 31 mph.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:25 PM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Now there's something to think about grampi! (Can you tell that I am a future T-max owner? Dog gone it, Tower, get 'em in stock. 3 weeks+ back order here)
Old 04-21-2003, 10:33 PM
savageone

There should be a fine for starting a t-maxx vs. Savage thread. But they're fun to read/participate in. I'm not even going to try to hang with dff, though - hard to argue with physics.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:33 PM
grampi

Frankly, I'm getting a little sick of the way Traxxas makes their stuff available, or I should say doesn't make their stuff available to the distributors/retailers. How long have these retailers had these T-Maxx's on back order now? It's been quite a while. I'm running into the same problem getting some of the parts too. I need a new cooling head for my 2.5, but none of the retailers seem to have any, and they don't have any idea when Traxxas will be resupplying them. Traxxas makes some pretty decent products, but someone there really screwed the pooch when it came to the planning phase of keeping up with demand.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:13 PM
PigMan Buggerus

or they are limiting production to increase demand.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:16 PM

Originally posted by savageone
There should be a fine for starting a t-maxx vs. Savage thread. But they're fun to read/participate in. I'm not even going to try to hang with dff, though - hard to argue with physics.
yeah seriously there have been waaaaaaaaay to many threads started that go on an on about what truck is better. Both trucks are good. period. If you want a t-maxx, get it, same with the savage. Don't base your opions on what other people say, because it is not whether THEY are happy with it, but whether YOU are happy with it. You can't go wronge with EITHER TRUCK, they both kick ***. Speed shouldnt MATTER PEOPLE! these are MTs we are talking about. If you want speed get a touring car. But to say either truck is slow is a bunch of Bull SH**! I don't know about you, but 30 MPH for a RADIO CONTROL CAR seems pretty good! TONS of r/c cars are slower than 30 mph, but you don't hear people whining about it. So how about we stop fighting and start driving. last one to the track is a rotton egg!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Default Split

Not me ....I had a TMAXX..(so did everyone it seems) I pick up my Savage this wed.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:05 AM
grampi

Originally posted by 987982
yeah seriously there have been waaaaaaaaay to many threads started that go on an on about what truck is better. Both trucks are good. period. If you want a t-maxx, get it, same with the savage. Don't base your opions on what other people say, because it is not whether THEY are happy with it, but whether YOU are happy with it. You can't go wronge with EITHER TRUCK, they both kick ***. Speed shouldnt MATTER PEOPLE! these are MTs we are talking about. If you want speed get a touring car. But to say either truck is slow is a bunch of Bull SH**! I don't know about you, but 30 MPH for a RADIO CONTROL CAR seems pretty good! TONS of r/c cars are slower than 30 mph, but you don't hear people whining about it. So how about we stop fighting and start driving. last one to the track is a rotton egg!!!
I'd love to, if I could only find a head for my 2.5.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:51 AM
hitler75

You sure told them 982. At the end of the day, it's the fun we have with our trucks that counts... who cares whether 1 is faster than the other or twirls like a ballerina. Even with all that speed, a bad driver will only do injustice to it, be it Maxx or Savage... I'm getting a Savage this week!!
Old 04-23-2003, 01:55 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I'm sorry this turned into "The tmaxx is better "No the savage is better" debates..

But originally I wanted to find out which truck was more performance for money. Thats why I wanted to know the price.

Turns out the tmaxxes are pretty insanely priced! And they compare em with $500-$900 savages and say mine is better..LOL

Thats what I wanted to find out.

But yeah I agree that a fine would be pretty interesting!

Anyway.. lets call a truce on this topic.

ram
Old 04-24-2003, 02:15 AM
PigMan Buggerus

Finally, I just checked Tower's site, and they are packing my Maxx at the warehouse. Very soon it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine....

Woo Hoo!!!!

$375 isn't too bad I guess. I think that I saw that Tower has the Savage for the same price now.

oh well I will be trucking in just a few short days.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:41 AM
Dlock

Grampi, try www.buytraxxas.com You can purchase stuff right from Traxxas. They are a bit more expensive, but you might not have to wait. I think the fact that Traxxas is selling replacement parts for their T Maxx is not helping the fact that distributors/LHS's aren't able to get parts. Give it a shot, you might get lucky....
Old 04-24-2003, 03:04 AM
grampi

If they're selling the parts on their web site, I wonder why they aren't sending these parts out to the retailers? I'm actually glad I couldn't get a stock head for the 2.5 because now I'm getting a much better head. However, I hope I don't run into problems getting other parts in the event I break something.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:25 AM
Dlock

One of the best things to do, is to get better parts of whatever you break. Like if you break an A-Arm, get some RPM ones. I got a full set of them and they are sweet!!! I plan on staying away from aluminum, except for bulkheads and chassis braces, but stickin with plastic for now. I would just slowly upgrade, as you get a deel for you Maxx you will know what needs inprovement....
Old 04-28-2003, 12:02 AM
elbowcreek

Only have about 700 bucks into my T-Maxx powered by a OS .15 CVRX with proline susp. kit , Big bore shocks and good servos
Old 04-28-2003, 01:58 AM
LESLIEx317537
My Feedback: (1)

I have seen alot of my friends stock and modded T-Maxx's run and my friends and my stock Savage's run.

Out of the box the Savage is much better overall. T-Maxx's are not as easy to tune and have alot of problems and they just lift one wheel up and lose control and flip over. The Savage with HD dogbones is all you need. The Savage climbs better and jumps better.

If you want speed, buy a race car. (I have my rs4 for speed)
If you want a truck, buy a Savage.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:32 AM
grampi

Just stop with these idiotic flaming posts. Neither of these 2 trucks is leaps and bounds better than other at anything!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.