Dirt_Boy77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Already problem with pede??????

Hey guys,I did my first bit of real driving in my backyard yesterday since my new SuperBrain Charger came. I did crash a few times but it kept on going. However now my front servo has developed a loud clicking sound when turning. My brother also bought a pede and his does not do this and my didn't but developed it while driving yesterday. When you have the battery pack unplugged and the transmitter turned off and you pick the front of the truck up mine makes a werid noise and doesn't have much resistance when turning the wheels to the left or right,my brothers does have resistance like you should. What is wrong here,I mean it still turns pretty good(kinda slow reacting now versus before this clicking started)but I want to know what the hell this is on my brand new supposdely very durable truck? Can you guys help me here? Please I am desperate. This has really kinda peeeed me off though that this has happened . Thanks guys,I can count on you all . Matt
Old 04-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You probably stripped the gears in your steering servo.
The stock servos suck anyway,so its a good time to upgrade.
Get used to it.
If you run to have fun your gonna break something!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Dirt_Boy77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Bonefrost for the help, Let me ask one thing,how in the hell did I strip the gears??Do the stock one suck that bad?? I mean I have run an estimated 12 battery packs through the truck. Can I still drive the truck until I get the new servo?(I probably will anyway ). What kind of servo should I get? I can't spend much money so I need a good one that is cheap. I just want to know how this happened,All I was doing was driving around. I probably got a lemon and the whole damn thing is gonna start falling apart!!Sorry to ramble on but I need to vent . Man I already spent enough money on the charger,batteries,and the truck and now I have to spend more. Oh well I will keep driving the truck until I can get another servo. I can't afford to order one right now. Matt
Old 04-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Bonefrost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How long have you had it?
Contact Traxxas they might help you out.
I still have the stock servos in my Tmaxx and I can't wait to get something better.
Which servo is it the 2055 or a 2018?
Old 04-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Dirt_Boy77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bonefrost, I have had the truck around 1 week but yesterday was yesterday was the first time I drove it except in my driveway one other day for about 20 minutes. Me and my brother were just out driving and all the sudden out of nowhere his starts making the same clicking also. Mine is not turning good at high speeds anymore and seems to be getting worse. Which servo do you think I need to get as an upgrade? The stock servo is the 2018. Thanks Bone for the help. Guess I will have to go ahead and order one when you guys tell me which one to get,the steering is getting worse and worse . Thanks,Matt
Old 04-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Bonefrost

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Traxxas should replace that for free.
The 2055(around $20 I think) is a little better,it's what they use for steering on the Tmaxx.
But I'm sure there are better ones.Anyone?
Old 04-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Dirt_Boy77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks again for the help Bonefrost, Yeah I think Traxxis should replace it,however if they are just going to replace it with another stocker(the 2018)then I will do without. Here is my big question,What happened to let this happen? Matt
Old 04-17-2003, 09:12 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry about your trouble.Mine has done this to me about 4 times but i have a futaba servo in mine since i bought the kit. You have more than likely stripped the gears, and it is not a real problem to fix. Dont you have a duratrax mt.If you do, then the servo on that might work in your stampede. Check this out for some decent metal geared servos.
http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lan...o/es-servo.asp
Out of thes i like the cirrus cs-60 and cs-80 metal geared servos best for the price, and i would like to get one myself sometime. I know you just bought the truck and that your aggrovated that its already broke, but things like this will happen. I dont think you would have got a lemon or anything either(hopefully). Breaking the steering servo in a stampede is a common thing though, but i think you could fix that with one of those metal geared servos.Good luck.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:15 PM
WarriorRacer05
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's not that hard or expensive to buy and replace the stock servo gears.