cdh9400t

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Warhead Evo Receiver Question

HI my friend just got a new warhead evo and the batteries for the receiver and servos dont seem to last long at all. After only a few tanks of fuel the steering wont turn under the trucks weight and even the throttle response is delayed. Is there any thing that could be done? at this rate he will have to buy stock in a battery company....
Old 02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Warhead Evo Receiver Question

How about using rechargeable AA's?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
HSVXU6

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi cdh9400t, do as guver said and go with rechargeables, I use lipos, buy a balance charger fo $15.00 and slow charge them, check all the servos and links to make sure that the servos are not working hard trying to move tight links, tight links and what have you will kill batteries real quick.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
wave waker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i'm using 6v 3000 nimh humppack battery, enough for fun,,and quick charger in hand is great to have too.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
davido666

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cdh9400t

HI my friend just got a new warhead evo and the batteries for the receiver and servos dont seem to last long at all. After only a few tanks of fuel the steering wont turn under the trucks weight and even the throttle response is delayed. Is there any thing that could be done? at this rate he will have to buy stock in a battery company....
Buy a hump pack with the highest mah rating you can find. I had the same problem when I got my warhead. If your good with a soldering iron build your own and mount it outside the battery box. I went to walmart and bought the highest nimh duracels and solder 5 together. You make it look like an oversized hump pack but it lasts. Use solder past and some wire. I cut the red end off an old battery pack. Make sure you get the polarity correct. I used my hump pack charger to recharge it. If you don't want to build one ebay for the best prices for hump packs and charger combos.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:57 PM
keeblerelf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The thing that kills the life of batteries in the Warhead is the servo that controls forward/reverse. It's always active because it's putting pressure on the lever into the transmission. If you don't mind not having reverse, for a quick fix, I would disconnect that servo from the RX and cable tie the servo in place so that it is applying pressure to the lever towards the transmission. I did this until I ordered the forward-only shaft, and it worked great! =)
Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
gregmiller06

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i have the same problem but i changed the batteries and the same thing,hard to turn or only turns one way, i found out if i losen up the screw at the bottom skid plate the screw for the servo saver i turns a little i realy dont want to lose the screw any tips,
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
davido666

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gregmiller06

i have the same problem but i changed the batteries and the same thing,hard to turn or only turns one way, i found out if i losen up the screw at the bottom skid plate the screw for the servo saver i turns a little i realy dont want to lose the screw any tips,
I you have to loosen the screw I would take the steering assembly apart and clean out the shafts. If you get a lot of dirt in them they will bind.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
gregmiller06

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it seems everything is clean ive taken everything apart greased the shaft put it back together new batt and the tightn the screw and the same thing i dont know what to do this has never happened to me ive been driving nitro/ele for about ten years and never once happened any more ideas to try
Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM
ssllc902

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i bought a orion hump pack and can blast around for hours it seems. Get 2 of thouse for around $30 bucks a peice.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:50 PM
gregmiller06

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

another problem im haveing is when i give it gas my servo will flucuate back and forth should i change the servo or what do you think it iswhat should i do