Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Keep on Trucking

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Detective

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep on Trucking

OK all, seems this RC thing is contagious. My son has an electric MT and I have enjoyed it but would like to try a nitro MT. I have been reading, listening, and looking and have come up with 3 I think are at the top of the pile. The CEN Nemesis/Genesisi, the Losi LST2, and the MGT 4.6. Comments, questions, concerns, any and all help appreciated.
By the way, I'm already in the boat, all 3, FE, nitro, and 2 stroke.
Thanks in advance.
Scott
Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Elite_Tux487

Default RE: Keep on Trucking

You should be happy with anyone of them you choose..I would also add the HPI savage and Traxxas Revo into your choice line...It really boils down to what your local Hobby shop stocks for parts.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
ThermalRD

The only CEN i'd try is the GST. But i'd take either of the other two over that CEN. LST2 would be the top pick.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
KILL--ROY

ORIGINAL: Detective

OK all, seems this RC thing is contagious. My son has an electric MT and I have enjoyed it but would like to try a nitro MT. I have been reading, listening, and looking and have come up with 3 I think are at the top of the pile. The CEN Nemesis/Genesisi, the Losi LST2, and the MGT 4.6. Comments, questions, concerns, any and all help appreciated.
By the way, I'm already in the boat, all 3, FE, nitro, and 2 stroke.
Thanks in advance.
Scott
Savage all the way bro.[link]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cofZCw0scIY[/link]
Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
dakota_davies

i have a gst and love it, the only thing i have broken is the drive cup. if you do decide to get one email me with any questions and i would be glad to help
[email protected]
Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
davido666

Go for the LST2 truck it is fast and if your LHS carries parts for it even better. No matter which vechicle you buy something will break or wear out on it. If you like bashing you will break even more parts. Remember it is a hobby and part of it is repairing the vehicle and doing maintance on it. My son has the aftershock with LST2 upgrades on it. He was driving it on the snowy street and he didn't see a car coming and he drove in front of it. Well the car drove over it and the aftershock got caught on the cars suspension. He fiqured the car was a right off when we looked under the car and saw the aftershock jam underneath it. Well with a bit of work I pull the truck out. To our surprise all that was damge was 2 broken A arms 2 bent fins on the cooling head. One fin completly broken off and the primer broken off the gas tank. He went to the hobby shop and 2 hours later the truck was running again. He still needs a new cooling head for it but it took a beating.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Detective

Thanks to those of you who came to my aide. I have gone through many posts, vids on Youtube, and your answers. I am still uncertain. The Savage X sure has caught my eye. It seems veryagile, fast, and I have read little about problems. I am however still partial to the LST2. It seems like there are many Traxxas for sale which leads me to believe they are not that great. I have a CEN boat that still gives me problems with tuning. The MGT has little attention around here or any where else I have loked.
Any more input would be greatly appreciated.
Scott
Old 02-05-2008, 10:57 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

I have a genesis and a savage x 4.6, I dont own an lst2 but have a friend that does. It all depends on what you want to use the truck for. Out of all 3 of these trucks the one we bash the hardest without worrying about damage is the HPI Savage, but it doesnt handle well and tips over easily in stock form. If you want something for racing and bashing then the lst2 is the best all around truck. It is not quite as durable as the savage, but when it comes to the track the savage got nothing on it. As far as MGT's goes i cant help you there. Good luck in your decision.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
dakota_davies

anything with a big block will keep a tune better
Old 02-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Detective

paedbo,
As for the Savage, you say in stock form it tips easily, what can be done to correct that? Dollars and cents on my mind.
Thanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:54 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Do yourself a favor and get a LST2.
You will never regret it
Old 02-06-2008, 09:12 AM
rclynx

paedbo,
As for the Savage, you say in stock form it tips easily, what can be done to correct that? Dollars and cents on my mind.
Thanks.
MMT [link=http://www.xtm-dealer.com/monster%20mt.html]best bang for the buck[/link]
Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
KILL--ROY

You can adjust the ride height of the savage.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get the lst2 and be done with it. the lst2 is the best all around basher truck there is. its big fast handles great out of the box is as tough or tougher than a savage. the engine is a great engine and tunes very well. i put mine thru 6 months of abuse and it took everything i kould throw at it. i finally broke it when i klipped a parked car going about 35 mph and it onli cost 16 bucks to fix it. here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94935.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	871617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70040.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	871618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31696.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	871619  
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

Detective, For the savage the way i did it was I installed offset bigger wheels that made the truck wider, however the downfall to this is i think i took away alot of the durability as far as stressing the suspension with the added weight, As someone mentioned earlier you can lower the ride height of the truck by adjusting the shocks which works to a degree. and then you can also install Low Center of Gravity (LCG) Tvp side plates. I think someone else around here also has a thread going about installing the hellfire's antiroll bar into the savage X. I have seen the savage and the LST2 side by side bashing, the LST2 IS an excellent Basher! But it definetly aint tougher than the savage. I've also heard alot of good stuff about the Revo's but never saw one run.

Anyways if your partial to the LST2 still I would say go with it , you wont regret it.

here's a link to a guy that explains alot of little quirks and mods he did to his savage x if your interested. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hTivTMkT-gw
Old 02-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Soothsayerman

I haven't owned any of those, (just a revo noob) but a friend mine has the CEN Genesis and that thing is a beast. Because of its size, its a different driving experience than tossing around my Revo, but it is really fun. You can tell it's a bigger truck by the way it handles it just feels heavier, more realistic in a way, its a monster! I would own that any day.

The LST is certainly a winner, they don't make crap, theyre tough things, I see too many of them race to think otherwise. Probably my top pick just because of what they're all about and rep and you get a nice radio with the package I'm thinking of. One of the big upgrades I want is a new radio system.

I wish I had an HPI Savage just because. Like that truck. Another buddy of mine has it and loves it, i've driven it and its a ton of fun.

Get all three!![8D]

I see an HPI savage in my future.

All that being said, I am extremely happy with my Revo.