Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Biggest engine I can put in a warhead?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Biggest engine I can put in a warhead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
ssllc902

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biggest engine I can put in a warhead?

I just got a warhead evo. Its a great truck but I need way more power.I wnt to be ble to wheelie on command. So 2 qusetions.

What is the Biggest or most powerfull setup I can fit in my warhead with out a ton of mods? (since I am rather new to trucks)

Also are turbo chargers worth the money?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM
davido666

Default RE: Biggest engine I can put in a warhead?

Even with a big engine in it the truck is very balanced and hard to wheelie. I just put a axial 32 in my warhead with a sports werks HT pipe. The weather sucks so I can't give it a good run yet. Other people have put the forward only shaft in and that will remove some mass from the transmisson. Go to the anyone own a warhead? link and go to the end where we have been talking about the engines.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:51 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

440hemi
Old 02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't want the biggest or most powerful engine in your Warhead because it'll simply shred the transmission. You'll spend more time replacing sheared driveshafts and working on the diffs than actually driving the thing.

As you say you're new to trucks are you certain you're getting the most out of the engine you're using at the moment? Gearing, fuel and most importantly tuning could provide the extra power you're after at a fraction of the price of a new mill. If you experiment with these things you'll learn more about the engines themselves and if you decide to upgrade later then you'll have the experience to get the most out of your investment

And no, turbo chargers are a complete and utter waste of money. Seriously.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

You don't want the biggest or most powerful engine in your Warhead because it'll simply shred the transmission. You'll spend more time replacing sheared driveshafts and working on the diffs than actually driving the thing.

As you say you're new to trucks are you certain you're getting the most out of the engine you're using at the moment? Gearing, fuel and most importantly tuning could provide the extra power you're after at a fraction of the price of a new mill. If you experiment with these things you'll learn more about the engines themselves and if you decide to upgrade later then you'll have the experience to get the most out of your investment

yeah the rbinovations supercharger was a waist of 165 for me.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
ssllc902

Yes I do want the biggest or most powerful engine I can get.I will get a better tranny also. Just because you have a big motor dosent mean you have to use all of it. Its just nice to have on hand. I am sure I have my engine tuned as good as it gets it has some power but not enough and its a supertiger. I have had at least 5 supertiger on some of my planes and only like the Gaint st 4500.They are mostly junk.I Thats why they are the cheepest engine any where. Having a more reputel engine like a oc or axil is more benefical. Gearing on the other hand is diffrent. What gearing should be changed for more power? Is it just putting on a smaller gear with less teeth?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Snaut Rocket

Lrp 28 or picco 28 will be enough to wheely your warhead. But since you can use a bump box you can somthing a little more fancy like nova or Rb.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:54 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I would for sure got bumpstart only, ie factory team edition turbo head Picco 28, LRP Truggy edition, Nija 28, RB928 etc.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Snaut Rocket

That a course if money isn't an issue.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 AM
86atrack4

Snowblind is right, the drivetrain on the warhead will not take a real powerful engine for long. The tranny will give lots of trouble, maybe if you put the foc shaft it will last a little longer. And also the cvd axles wear really fast, even if you install harden pins for the dogbone side, the cvd side will wear and become sloppy.

I never had any trouble with the diffs but, some others have. I would stick with a engine thats not to torquey and the drivetrain will last longer!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:32 AM
snowbl!nd

ORIGINAL: ssllc902
What is the Biggest or most powerfull setup I can fit in my warhead with out a ton of mods?

Yes I do want the biggest or most powerful engine I can get.I will get a better tranny also.
That's a pretty significant mod isn't it?

If you still want the most powerful engine availible go for one of the engines 2DMax suggested, or a petrol conversion. Either of these should be more than enough and will have you following your truck around picking up parts of the drivetrain.

You can't gear for more power, just acceleration or top speed.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: 86atrack4

Snowblind is right, the drivetrain on the warhead will not take a real powerful engine for long. The tranny will give lots of trouble, maybe if you put the foc shaft it will last a little longer. And also the cvd axles wear really fast, even if you install harden pins for the dogbone side, the cvd side will wear and become sloppy.

I never had any trouble with the diffs but, some others have. I would stick with a engine thats not to torquey and the drivetrain will last longer!
The cv drive shafts are no problem for me. I just replace the pins. I have 200 replacement pins and you can order the cv joint replacement kit from duratrax. I have ordered the foc shaft for my warhead. My axial engine is new and it is cold out so I haven't given it a lot of runs yet. You will need a good engine and a good tuned pipe. Have a look at mine.
Axial 32 with a HT pipe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81269.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	869914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19105.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	869915  
Old 02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
infernalstone

Get the tallest spur and smallest clutch bell you can. You'll lose a lot of top end, but you'll pull off the line a lot harder.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

budget?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
ssllc902

ORIGINAL: SaVaGe MaN SS

budget?
no budget really. Work hard play hard!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
86atrack4

ORIGINAL: davido666

ORIGINAL: 86atrack4

The cv drive shafts are no problem for me. I just replace the pins. I have 200 replacement pins and you can order the cv joint replacement kit from duratrax. I have ordered the foc shaft for my warhead. My axial engine is new and it is cold out so I haven't given it a lot of runs yet. You will need a good engine and a good tuned pipe. Have a look at mine.
Axial 32 with a HT pipe.
I've been there and done that, I used to own a WH and tried different upgrades. Put a couple of gallons on the truck and the check for wear and tear, you'll see what I'm talking about!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
ssllc902

well plans have changed. Going to put a os 30 in it and buy a monster gt to bash. Let the friends and family drive the warhead or use it as a spare.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CT-7ygFhT4 this said it all to me.
Monster GT 4.6. RPM arms in the front
Old 02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Snaut Rocket

well plans have changed. Going to put a os 30 in it and buy a monster gt to bash. Let the friends and family drive the warhead or use it as a spare.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CT-7ygFhT4 this said it all to me.
Monster GT 4.6. RPM arms in the front
Well if your interested you can get this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Associated-Monst...ayphotohosting
Gots alot of good upgrades. Powerstrokes[8D]
Just need engine and electronics.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:57 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: SaVaGe MaN SS

budget?
no budget really. Work hard play hard!
thats my motto
Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
MadManAndrew

Ha,Lol,Rofl,the Savy wheelies on command stock.You should put a Nitro Star K4.6 in it.Be killer untill it rips your trans to shreads.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
rcnitrohead

Ok Madmand, how did that help him....[:-]
Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Ok Madmand, how did that help him....[:-]
?