Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T Maxx CV driveshafts??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 08:48 PM
RKM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Maxx CV driveshafts??????

I want to upgrade my driveline and am looking into changing to metal dog bone style cv's. I see that Dynamite makes a nice kit and even has boots over the joints. Has anyone run this brand? If not What brand do you run?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
Old 04-18-2003, 09:26 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Ive ran them all!! THe xtm's, the dynamite's, the prolines, the MIP's and the Ue's I currently run the Proline ext cvd's. The dynamites will work just fine, and the boots are a plus. The only thing I dont like about them or the xtm's are that the cvd's them selves are shorter then any other on the market, and this makes the diff cups a little bit longer, which isnt a problem unless you are trying to get as much suspention travel as you can, in that case the diff cups will rub on the arms. But other than that they are a great upgrade for any truck, and for the price they'er very nice.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:28 AM
RKM

Well since you have done all the R&D on this subject. Would you mind pointing me to the correct web site to get the cvd's you are using now. (You said they give you more suspension travel.)I would like to only have to do this once if you know what i mean.
here is my email so you do not have to post it on the site. I am not sure on the rules. I can't seem to find any on line that fit the 2.5 all the ones i find fit the 1st gen. truck.

Thanks
Ryan.
[email protected]
Old 04-19-2003, 01:37 AM
RKM

Ok I found them. But the site I went to said I can not use them with the stock arms. What gives. I have new arms in the front of the truck that are made by RPM. I wonder if they will work with Those. Is this a way for them to get you to buy their a arms? How am I supposed to know if they fit mine or any other for that matter? Sorry to ask so many questions. I know you are not the product support for proline. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ryan