Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

worst of the worst monster truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
revo3.3
6.11%
cen gst
9.44%
any redcat racing truck
27.78%
t maxx
28.89%
lst2
5.56%
savage xl
4.44%
there all toys so grow up, lol
17.78%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

worst of the worst monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: worst of the worst monster truck

ORIGINAL: slayer1halo

the lst2 steering knuckles are weak it came unbelieveably rich (as in flooding the engine everytime) from the factory the reverse servo is very weak and wont shift all the way
i ve had to replace a couple gears in tranny
It comes rich for breakin. Adjust it if it wont run enough. (Duh)
The JR servo has a 3 year warranty send it in for a new one. Or have you tried adjusting it?
How did you possibly break a tranny gear? They are all steel
Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And on the 8th day TRAXXAS created the Tmaxx!! I hated the 2.5 it fried right out of the box tuned to the factory settings. A-arms are not that bad unless you clip a pole or a curb.

The bottom line it was the first real legite nitro monster truck. Then everyone else followed suit, creating bigger and better monster trucks, which then spurred the truggy scene into action. Im glad the tmaxx was born, is it the best? NO!!! But we would not have all these other great trucks if not for that first tmaxx.

Go to a track some day and watch a well set up revo, you will think twice about callin traxxas trucks crap or junk, as one rides the bumper of your mbx mugen, or whatever else you have!!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:49 PM
racer12306

SAVAGE !!!!111!!1!11!!!11ELENTY11ONEONEONE!11!!!!!!!ELEVE NTYBILLION!1!!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:41 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

ORIGINAL: silverman1

And on the 8th day TRAXXAS created the Tmaxx!! I hated the 2.5 it fried right out of the box tuned to the factory settings. A-arms are not that bad unless you clip a pole or a curb.

The bottom line it was the first real legite nitro monster truck. Then everyone else followed suit, creating bigger and better monster trucks, which then spurred the truggy scene into action. Im glad the tmaxx was born, is it the best? NO!!! But we would not have all these other great trucks if not for that first tmaxx.

Go to a track some day and watch a well set up revo, you will think twice about callin traxxas trucks crap or junk, as one rides the bumper of your mbx mugen, or whatever else you have!!
im sorry a revo wont ride the bumper of a mugen
Old 02-26-2008, 06:53 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Redcat seems to be spreading like a disease.
I'm going to have to agree. I see people talking about how they're always breaking, yet they say that parts are so cheap(to buy) that it makes up for that. But does it really? I don't think so. When I'm still driving my Tamiyas twenty years later, their cars wont be running, because redcat would have moved on to another product and left their breaking cars high and dry for parts support.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: ilikenitro

BS!!!! the T-Maxx is the biggest POS iv ever seen
Did you even TRY the T-maxx? I have one and like it. Granted, it has some weak spots, but all in all it is a really sweet truck.
Get some RPM arms and alloy bulks then it will be bullet proof!
Saying that the T-maxx is POS is truck load of crap!
Yes, the suspnsion can be improved with RPM arms (best upgrade for a Traxxas), and all my friends who race their Revos dont even bother with putting the stock A-arms, thy immediatly bolt on the RPM ones as soon as they pull the Revo staight out of the packaging.
Also, the T-Maxx will benefit from the alum bulkheads, any truck will, this is always a good upgrade to eliminate flexure of the plastic.

But the T-Maxx suffers a weak point at a major load bearing point: the forward and rear squar tabs of the body chassis plate that bolts onto the front and rear bulkhead assemblies. These tabs must bear tremendous forces especially when landing, and worse, if you do not land on all 4 wheels (every RC fan botches a landing once in a while), these tabs are prone to being bent or worse, boken off. Reparing this would involve dismounting the front and rea bulkhead asemblies, removing the engine, tranny, and all other parts from the chassis plate, and replacing this plate. If it is a simple bend, you still have to remove everthing so you can beat it back flat with a hammer.

Interstingly, I say get the Revo instead. with the bulkhead and RPM arm upgrades you mentioned, the Revo is actually a tougher truck than T-Maxx. If you want Traxxas, you can never go wrong with Revo, it is in my opnion the best Traxxas truck.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
RazeRacer

Savage X 4.6 + LST2 > ALL
Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
hajile1997

For me and about four of my buddies the Aftershock was and is the WORST piece of crap to get hands down.....My Tmaxx 3.3 wasnt even close to being as big a headache!!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:10 AM
QMAXX40

Hey! Too many people hack on the T-Maxx and Traxxas in general. If it wasn't for their super customer service and easy-to-use products, I would have never taken up this hobby! A year after purchasing a T-MAXX, I have 5 trucks! The T-Maxx may not be the best MT--I'd give that to the Savage or LST2. However, it's certainly not the worst and has a solid place in our hobby as a super-solid starter truck!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:22 AM
megamaxx

i will rip on the maxx all i want,i still own 3 traxxas products,REVO,STAMPEDE(NITRO),&NITRO SPORT,for gods sakes my daughters little sport will take more abuse than a stock maxx,like it or not the maxxs are pretty fragile out of the box[sm=punching.gif]
Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
QMAXX40

Megamaxx--I've been bashing my stock T-MAXX for almost a year without a break. Perhaps I got an unusally robust MAXX; however, I think some people torture their trucks (like the guy down the street from me) and expect them to defy basic laws of nature--such as gravity. Keep ripping those Maxxes, they like it! Don't get me wrong, when I have time for just one truck; its the LST2. My main point was that they are--and remain--excellent entry vehicles for newbies and that's good for all of us. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Jerzferno

This thread is very interesting to read. So many different stories. I have a T-MAXX and its an ok truck. Its been upgraded to a point where I have not broken anything in a long time. I race it in the Monster Truck Oval class at my track, and I must say the fastest trucks in that class are the T-MAXX and REVO. My brother in law owns a REVO and absolutely loves it. He has had nothing major go wrong with it. A few guys on here hate the REVO? A few guys on here love their Savages where a buddy of mine hates his. For each truck theres a left hand that says its good, and a right hand that says its not good. For each good story there a bad story. For each happy owner there an unhappy owner. So what have we proven here? I dont think anything. Its just strange to be exposed to certain trucks that are fast, durable, and the owners love them. Then to hear someone else have such terrible luck and bash that same truck.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: QMAXX40

Megamaxx--I've been bashing my stock T-MAXX for almost a year without a break. Perhaps I got an unusally robust MAXX; however, I think some people torture their trucks (like the guy down the street from me) and expect them to defy basic laws of nature--such as gravity. Keep ripping those Maxxes, they like it! Don't get me wrong, when I have time for just one truck; its the LST2. My main point was that they are--and remain--excellent entry vehicles for newbies and that's good for all of us. Thanks!
oh i will never disagree that the maxx is a great beginner truck,but yes i do expect my trucks to defy the law of gravity,its called jumping.and i dont think you got a robust maxx,i think either you do not run all that much,or you baby it.me,i go thru no less than a gallon and upwards to 3 gallons a week,and i do not play nice,i jump,climb, crawl or what ever it is i am in the mood for.the maxx just requires alot more upkeep to stay off the bench
Old 02-28-2008, 09:41 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

oh i will never disagree that the maxx is a great beginner truck,but yes i do expect my trucks to defy the law of gravity,its called jumping.and i dont think you got a robust maxx,i think either you do not run all that much,or you baby it.me,i go thru no less than a gallon and upwards to 3 gallons a week,and i do not play nice,i jump,climb, crawl or what ever it is i am in the mood for.the maxx just requires alot more upkeep to stay off the bench
so it requires a lot more fixing the tmaxx siganature is a broken truck
Old 02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: nitro.rc.racer

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

so it requires a lot more fixing the tmaxx siganature is a broken truck
i was trying to be nice!!!!and not offend the many maxx owners on here,but most people know i owned maxxs,2 very nice maxxs,they just got shelved after the mgt and savage arrived,my savage just had its first break down after almost 10 months,and the mgt has yet to let me down,the maxxs every 1/2 gallon or so something would go wrong
Old 03-05-2008, 03:32 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Hey! Too many people hack on the T-Maxx and Traxxas in general. If it wasn't for their super customer service and easy-to-use products, I would have never taken up this hobby! A year after purchasing a T-MAXX, I have 5 trucks! The T-Maxx may not be the best MT--I'd give that to the Savage or LST2. However, it's certainly not the worst and has a solid place in our hobby as a super-solid starter truck!
I am primarily a Savage fan, but I have absolute repect fo Traxxas as well. As a matter of fact, I use Traxxas turnbuckles on my second bashing Savage and those work great. I have fabricated a custom front and rear brake set for one of my other Savages using the Revo semi-metallic brake pads.

The reason why I enjoy Traxxas parts for my custom works? The use metric and the parts are all quality pieces.

In the way of vehicles, I really enjoy the Revo: It is one of the easiest trucks to work on, it is very well designed, and it is actually a tough truck just by imply upgrading the suspension arms. It is also innovative in design and Traxxas did a good job in focusing much of the weight of the vehicle as close as possible to its centerline. This is one of the major reasons why this tuck is so nimble at the track.

As for T-Maxx? I do not have much repect for this truck. It is an antiquated design and basically is only around do to the masive die hard fans. I will put money on the Revo any day over its out-of-date brother, the T-Maxx. Likewise, I would always buy a Revo or even a Jato over T-Maxx any day. I just wish Traxxas would sell the Revo as a kit without engine or electronics. I do not like the TRX engins and I have race-grade radios anyways. So, to me, the RTR Traxxas rdio and TRX engines would be a wasted cost.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
grimespdx

my 3.3 maxx broke the rear center drive shaft within 5 minutes of using it...
Old 03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
NStampede Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still think that the T-maxx isn't the worst...