Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Good thing for balloons...

Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Muggy250r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good thing for balloons...

fresh powder! i got home from school, water proofed 'em and out i went! there is about 2in of the good fluffy stuff! its awesome! the jato with the paddles was crazy fun! and the crt.5 was also a blast! i hope we get no school tomorrow.... the only bad thing is i have maybe 5 tanks left in my gallon [:@] .....its still coming down!!!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
rob123

Default RE: Good thing for balloons...

Cool: [8D]It looks like a lot of fun!!! I bet those RC vehicle of yours were ripping up the snow. [>:] Keep it coming!!![X(]
Old 02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Muggy250r

lol yea tomorrow if no school im going to get some video...... now i get to go out and drive the really truck in the snow lol dad is teaching me how to drive in the white stuff ....this permit thingy is fun lol
Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 PM
rob123

Im going to go outside and play too. To bad I don't have a video to post here.[&o] Im going to have to buy a video camera.[sm=idea.gif]
Old 02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, we got 3" of snow in Brooklyn, sadly my trucks arent in running condition. This is our first real snow, so I'm really bummed, I really wanted to make a plow for my Savage[&o] You are too lucky
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Muggy250r

rcnitrohead - im right next to morristown, u know where that is? im like 30min away from the city. so we got maybe alittle more than u did and dont feel bad, i only have enough gas for maybe 3-4 tanks in my jato, or 5-6 in my crt.5
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Art91

I just got done waterproofing my revo, this will be the first time I drive one of my nitros in the snow. Funny thing is, Im alslo low on fuel maybe enough for two more tanks, I should have bought more last week. I'll try to get some pics after school tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Muggy250r

lol nice.... they are fun in the snow
Old 02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Louie2994
Banned

dude i live in nj 2. we got 6-7 inches already and its 10:45. sucky thing is around 4 when i got home i went bashing and dropped my rotostart shaft somewhere in the snow so i cant start my truck. one more reason i like pullstart
Old 02-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Muggy250r

ah! that sucks man! i would just go out there with a hairdryer and do work lol
Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: Muggy250r

ah! that sucks man! i would just go out there with a hairdryer and do work lol
i was thinking of that but i realized i lost it about a quarte mile away from my house do there is too much work to go looking for it but i orderd 2 new ones
Old 02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
rcnitrohead

Muggy250, I know where Morristown is, and you guys in NJ get hit the hardest lol, I feel for you. But usually its southern NJ that gets all the floods and whatnot[:@] lol, I wake up today and its 3 inches of slush, my sneakers were soaked within half a block[&:] The subway stations were flooded too, its ridiculous, and I cant run my trucks either[&o] Slowly I'm getting some cash now, so I may be up and running by the end of the month! Next up for my Savage is a carbon fiber shocktower slammed low with hellfire shocks
Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Muggy250, I know where Morristown is, and you guys in NJ get hit the hardest lol, I feel for you. But usually its southern NJ that gets all the floods and whatnot[:@] lol, I wake up today and its 3 inches of slush, my sneakers were soaked within half a block[&:] The subway stations were flooded too, its ridiculous, and I cant run my trucks either[&o] Slowly I'm getting some cash now, so I may be up and running by the end of the month! Next up for my Savage is a carbon fiber shocktower slammed low with hellfire shocks
try about 5 inches of slush and everything beeing flooded and having to spend 1000 on a generator to power the water pumps because i had no power and then having to buy new washer/dryer because 3 inches of basement flood water ruined everything. i still ran my truck though it works real good in rwd mode.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Muggy250r

yeah i hear ya guys, my high school has an outside campus
Old 02-14-2008, 10:31 PM
dakota_davies

i live in owosso mi and we have had about 7-10 inches just sitting for over a week! a little afraid to get my truck out though, i had a balloon on the reciever, but it still fryed, so did one of my servos. ive seen a way to water proof the servos, but it looks hard and kinda pricey.[link=http://www.societyofrobots.com/actuators_waterproof_servo.shtml]waterproof servos[/link] what have you guys done?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Muggy250r

no? i just wrapped em in balloones
Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
itxploded

plastidip works really well
Old 02-17-2008, 10:28 PM
wave waker

here's mine, a plastic guard cut-out from fuel container,,pics shown after running,, no ice, water accumulation, stay dry inside...works great..

btw, my 2cents for using balloon, make sure open it up after run to prevent moisture build up inside that cause future problem.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81541.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	881720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23785.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	881721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24965.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	881722  
Old 02-18-2008, 09:33 AM
NitroVenom

lol This "snowstorm" lasted about 8 hours for me.. I Had like 2 inches on the ground(first snow of the whole season) and I just finished re-building the front diff in my Revo. So I go out to run it and all of a sudden I try and roll the truck forwards and guess what.. it doesn't want to roll... So I start playing with the brakes/throttle thinking maybe my brakes were just on... Well I wish it was that easy.. I then tried picking up the back end of the truck and rolling it forwards.. The front wheels rolled forward, but the back ones rolled the opposite way...[:@] I put my diff in upside down!!...[:@][:@]

Ok so I decided I'll tare it down, flip it over, and put it back together as fast as I can. Then I'll get it out and run it. So 30 mins later, I had the diff flipped over and everything together(try and beat that revo owners!!) So now I go to start my truck and I can't find the ignitor..? I have like three of them and I coudn't find any of them?? I ended up looking for like 2 hours and I couldn't find them. By that time it was like 9pm and it was to late to run it anyway so I gave up lookin and took out my bro's mini lst. It kinda made up for it but I was still pissed. I got another ignitor and charged it up for the next day and it turns out It rained all night... Everyrthing melted away!!..[:'(]
Old 02-18-2008, 09:35 AM
NitroVenom

ORIGINAL: dakota_davies

i live in owosso mi and we have had about 7-10 inches just sitting for over a week! a little afraid to get my truck out though, i had a balloon on the reciever, but it still fryed, so did one of my servos. ive seen a way to water proof the servos, but it looks hard and kinda pricey.[link=http://www.societyofrobots.com/actuators_waterproof_servo.shtml]waterproof servos[/link] what have you guys done?
Its really not as hard as it looks and it should only cost you around $10-$20.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:22 PM
dakota_davies

i just got done with it last night, later today ill try it out. i did the same thing with the diff in my gst it sucked![:@]
Old 02-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Muggy250r

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

lol This "snowstorm" lasted about 8 hours for me.. I Had like 2 inches on the ground(first snow of the whole season) and I just finished re-building the front diff in my Revo. So I go out to run it and all of a sudden I try and roll the truck forwards and guess what.. it doesn't want to roll... So I start playing with the brakes/throttle thinking maybe my brakes were just on... Well I wish it was that easy.. I then tried picking up the back end of the truck and rolling it forwards.. The front wheels rolled forward, but the back ones rolled the opposite way...[:@] I put my diff in upside down!!...[:@][:@]

Ok so I decided I'll tare it down, flip it over, and put it back together as fast as I can. Then I'll get it out and run it. So 30 mins later, I had the diff flipped over and everything together(try and beat that revo owners!!) So now I go to start my truck and I can't find the ignitor..? I have like three of them and I coudn't find any of them?? I ended up looking for like 2 hours and I couldn't find them. By that time it was like 9pm and it was to late to run it anyway so I gave up lookin and took out my bro's mini lst. It kinda made up for it but I was still pissed. I got another ignitor and charged it up for the next day and it turns out It rained all night... Everyrthing melted away!!..[:'(]
THAT SUCKS!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
NitroVenom

OOhhh yea.. It was Murphies Law time 10 that day. I even got of work early that day because of the weather..[:-] Talk about ironic..
Old 02-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Muggy250r

haha! hopefully we get some more white stuff!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:04 PM
NitroVenom

Not by me.. Were gonna have rain this whole week.. [:-] I gotta see about getting some plasti dip this week since were off from school. I gotta order some stuff for my revo too. Yay wing mount!! lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.