SuperQ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Having problems adjusting .21 engine

I have a tmaxx with the .21 conversion, and I am having problems adjusting the engine. Let me describe what's happening, and maby someone can give me a clue what to do. When I get it started, it will sit and idle ok, but as soon as i hit the trigger on the control to make it go, it shuts off. Any clue as to what I need to adjust?

Q
Old 04-19-2003, 06:47 PM
savageone

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Which 21 do you have in it? If it has a midrange needle, that could be the problem. Most likely it isn't, if you haven't touched it, but if you have, it would cause the problem you described. Otherwise, try leaning the low-speed needle.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:12 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Doesnt matter if its got a mid speed or not, the mid speed would have nothing to do with it dieing on acceleration! It is a low speed needle problem, just need to turn the low speed needle in aboit 1/4-1/2 a turn clock wise. Thats all it is, you are getting to much fuel at once when you give it gas.

Hope this helps!!
Old 04-20-2003, 03:55 AM
SuperQ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i hate t osound like an idiot, but I don't know which is the mid speed needle, or the low speed needle, or whatever. There is a needle stiking out of the top, then there is one directly underneath and perpendicular to the one on top, and then there is a little screw needle thing just to the right of the bottom needle. I am not sure which engine this is, but I really need some help tuning it.
thanks

Q
Old 04-20-2003, 07:59 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by SuperQ
i hate t osound like an idiot, but I don't know which is the mid speed needle, or the low speed needle, or whatever. There is a needle stiking out of the top, then there is one directly underneath and perpendicular to the one on top, and then there is a little screw needle thing just to the right of the bottom needle. I am not sure which engine this is, but I really need some help tuning it.
thanks

Q
LOL first thing I think I would do is find out what kind it is. But here is an example of what screw is what!!

Ok you see the long brass fitting there with the nipple at the bottom? THat is the high speed needle(it is used to richen or lean the engine for top speed)The one facing strait at you is the mid range needle(which you should never touch, but most carbs dont come with this) and the small one built in to the carb assembly kinda pointing down is the idle ajustment screw(which raise's or lowers the idle, and theres another one on the far side in the center of the slider which is the low speed needle(the one you need to turn in) Does this help any?
Old 04-21-2003, 12:09 AM
SuperQ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok i have an os rg .21 engine with a pull start. now you are saying that the thing that i need t oadjust is on the same side as the slider?http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2055.jpg