jeeptuff

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default R/C Easter Mad Bash re-cap

What a pleasant day we had on this Easter Sunday. Saturday friends and family decided we wanted to do something different this year, so we spent about 10 hours Saturday building a descent RC track in the lower field, and got a couple tanks of fuel through the GT and the Maxx to "break in" the track. Sunday got up with the kids and had a monster breakfast and they got there Easter Baskets, everyone was happy. At around noon friends and family started showing up with all there cars and trucks !! We ended up having at one given time 11 cars and/or trucks running on the track. Neighbors showed up, some to watch and some with there own rigs I didn't know a couple of them enjoyed R/C's). About 3 my wife said it was time to start the grill, we decided against the traditional Easter type supper. Instead it was steak, ribs, hamburgers and hot dogs, along with all the fixxins salads, tater chips, ect., ect. My brother showed up with his Heli, which was kind of the high light of the day. He showed me the basics fuctions and a brief run through of how to fly this thing. What an art it is to fly a heli, didn't do to much it was a little to nerve racking considering it is brand new. Anyway I just wanted everyone to here this story on what a fantastic time we had this Easter Sunday. I can belive how nice the weather was here in Western Washington. Good company, good food, and a whole lot of R/Cing.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:14 AM
hitler75

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had a somewhat eventful Easter Sunday myself... skipped church so I can do some serious wakeup call around the neighbourhood. Anyway, shortly before lunch time, I have had a small crowd the size of a Democrat rally by the street I am zipping my Maxx.

My friend's got it worst... I dunno whether a pretty babe walked past or anything :stupid:, but the next moment, he's lost a left steering wheel and cursing and swearing at a metal pole which left his Duratrax in a sham... one of those days, but I'm glad we all had our bit of fun RCing
Old 04-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Rex2342

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That sounds like alot of FUN jeepstuff.I wish I could find more people around me that like R/C. Whenever I fire up my Savage the only people that usually show up are the ones in the nice blue uniforms....lol
Old 04-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Letsskydive

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I Went to my uncles and two both my trucks one went in the a little pond thingy but i saved it still works and it was compleltey submereged.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:32 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I fixed my friends computer... and he gave me a 15" LCD! lol (rackmount)

Then I helped some other friends with some lawn work( new house)

After all that we got to gether at a friends place for some dinner and some easter talk.

No as exciting as Jetpuff's. But wasnt too bad!

I finally got all my parts ordered and paid for and everything is in the mail. (Radio mainly).

After I recieve that (about a week), I'll be good to roll!!

I need to find some folks that are into R/C. I know only 2-3, but I've yet to check out the local "sugar bowl" track.

I hear they do offroad on thursdays, so I'm gonna go there this thursday.
But I got some school work to do so I'm off

-ram
Old 04-21-2003, 02:10 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

jeeptuff....I'm envious of your enjoyable time with family and friends.

I spent Saturday with my two daughters and two grandkids having lunch with them...doing some shopping...etc.

Sunday it was work...work...work...in the back yard trying to fill in some low spots with soil....grass seed....and compost to help bring it up to a friendlier condition than before.

I did put my batteries on the charger thinking I was going to go and drive my XXX-NT at some point on Sunday but when the work was all done....all I could manage to do was drink a couple of beers and take a bunch of aspirin to help ease the pain. Yep...I'm getting older and feel it now more than before.

See what you young bucks have to look forward to!!! Aspirin and beer...good combo for those aches and pains.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ha!I'm only 33 and feel more like 83 with all the skateboarding,snowboarding and motorcycle accidents!D'OH!

Sounds like fun Jeep.I don't think I've ever even ran w/ another car.

What up Crash?
Old 04-21-2003, 08:53 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

man, i had a boring easter! my family all left me at home, then I went to my friends house for a lil bit after that.. thats about it lol