Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Broken Front Diff

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
racer12306

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Front Diff

So I broke the front diff on my thunderquake. Has anyone ever taken one apart, thunderquake or other? What should I be anticipating? The last time the diff broke it was under warranty so they fixed it.

Is there anything I could weld solid to prevent breaking in the future, and to maybe even make it like a spool?

Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
racer12306

Default RE: Broken Front Diff

I have another question that I have been meaning to ask, but have been forgetting to ask...

Has anyone used a gear oil for a real truck, such as 75w140? I have some Redline 75w140 left over from a recent differential fluid change on our Jeep and figured this couldn't take any more than an ounce or so.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:18 PM
ericem

That will be way to thick. Just get the silicone diff fluid its only like $2. If you keep breaking diffs they must not be shimmed properly. When disassemble the front diff find out whats wrong. Could even be a loose set screw for the drive cup.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 PM
racer12306

I thought there was a grease type lube in the diffs. I just looked at Tower and they are selling 1000+ cSt fluid for the diffs. Redline 75w140 is 179 cSt. So its actually thinner, by a lot.

I will definitetly check the set screws, it may be time for some lock tite. Hopefully that is all that it is, this this is uncontrollable with RWD only.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
racer12306

bump for others
Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 PM
racer12306

Someone has to know something about this topic.

I know it isn't a "best of the best" or "worst of the worst" or a why i love my ______ thread or a what truck should i buy, but come on people this is a real question that actually requires some thinking and not spouting off some bulls hi t like so many of you do. O, I love my Revo, no the Revo is a piece of s hi t. All that goes on here is just a bunch of fuc king bitc hing and moaning and trying to see whos e-dick is bigger.

There are only a few that actually know their s hit here and the rest of you are just a bunch of fuc king teenie boppers that thinks its cool to play with an r/c truck all day long. There is more bulls hit on here than fuc king VWVortex.

I give up. Time to move on to an R/C forum that actually has some substance to it. I post real questions and no one gives a flying fu ck about it.

55+ views and only one person responds. What kind of bulls hit is that. A big thanks to ericem, I didn't even think of a simple little set screw being the problem. I figured it would be a catastrophic failure (that means total destructive failure for some of you "special" people), but thanks again, that will be the first thing I look at.

The rest of you FAIL
Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
racer12306

This just proves that no one gives a fu ck about anything with substance.

FU CK YOU EVERYONE
Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
2DMaxLST!!

You seem like a real class act yourself.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
racer12306

Thanks I try to emmulate the environment around me.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 AM
racer12306

So a moderator comes in and deletes my posts. So I know he/she looked at it, and that person doesn't even make a response. I love it when the moderator don't know a damn thing about what they are moderating.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 PM
racer12306

rctech>>rcuniverse