Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

That the 80mph beast?

Unbelievable vehicle, I bow down to you sir.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah its the 80mph MMT...hehe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: domg

@ NitroMMT

Go through your user manual and look in the section that talks about adjusting the shift speed on the transmission. On many MMT's, the factory adjustment is for some reason set to a very very high setting, faster than your MMT could ever hope to reach in first gear.

If you look at the transmission, there is a slot-shaped opening in the middle between the two gears, located on the backside of the large gear. There are two screws inside there; one of them is a 2.5mm screw which holds the transmission together, and the other is a 2mm set screw which adjusts the transmission shift speed. If you don't see them right away, you may have to hold the large gear still while rotating the trucks wheels backwards, as the inner part of the transmission where these screws are mounted rotates with the drivetrain. Turning the screw clockwise will raise the shift speed, while turning it counter clockwise will lower the shift speed. Try unscrewing it about 1 1/4 turns from where it is now and checking to see if it shifts. If it doesn't and you're sure the engine is tuned well, unscrew it about 1/4 turn at a time until it starts shifting, then make any fine adjustments as needed.

Good luck with your MMT.

Thank you very much that's a big boost of help
    T Maxx classic - XTM MMT - R/C10GT - R/C 10 - Rustler - T/L Mini Baja - AXIAL AX10 Scorpion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't remember seeing that electric MMT in any of the record books for having gone 80 mph.................could you giude me there or give us a link?
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the RC speed records website....

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php?page=18

Truck is at the bottom of the list.....Record for World MT

Videos can be found here.....

http://youtube.com/user/jz97ss

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That site is wack. Jato top speed record of 56mph? Savage of 45mph??
    Savage X 4.6, Nitro Evader, rc10gt, various jets, Reach Whirlwind, Showtime 4d, reactor bipe, assent glider

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is cause you are required to submit in with GPS or Radar on video.....

Also if your's is faster then slap a GPS on it or radar it and video the whole thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's a Neu 1521 running 12s lipo. I think that speed may just be real

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very nice..........................I love people who put up....................good record and my hats off to you You are the only one out of 20 or 30 people who put there money where there mouth is................you have restored my faith [:-] Thanks
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its got some power . Its now being fitted with a 1527 on 12S lipo and trying to squeeze twin 1527's on 24S for later this year, but some custom work will need to be done.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So i was driving my MMT today all of a sudden it just died so I tried restarting figuring it was just because I havent had it running in a month or so and when I pulled the pull start all for wheels spin. I took it inside and tried finding out what the problem is and i think its the clutch area or maybe the housing? I took the screw out of the clutch housing to take it off and it wont budge, so im pretty sure it has something to do with that but has anyone ever had a problem like this? And do you know of a solution? Thanks, Jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You will have to pull the engine and carefull pry off the clutch bell. The bearings probably went out and might have destroyed the clutch or visa versa. The problem is a lot of people don't check to see if the clutch bell gets loose after break in and the slop in the bearings cause it to wear out prematurely. Good luck hope it works out for you [&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i retightened the clutch bell after I broke it in and recheck it along with other parts after every half gallon or so. But thanks for the advice, Im hoping for the best.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The clutch bell will not come off. Any suggestions or tips? Ive tried everything I can think of but any other ideas will be tried. And yes I did take the screw out of it already lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Darn MMT I didn't think you were that bad............LOL............ if you know someone who has some old style battery treminal removers like the one for pulling the flywheel that might work. I've had that happen a couple of times over the years and I usually take a cutting wheel on a dremmel and very carefully cut the bell and bearings off..............always figured it was better to save the crank then worry about the bell [:@] going to have to check into the problem your having, I've heard about it happening to some one else on the MMT but I haven't seen it with my own eyes [:-]
    '

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was another who got sucked in because of the size of this truck along with a mate who got one,its a load of crap.£314 of flimsy rubbish and the build quality of a Nikko toy car.I own 2 Genesis trucks and both are GST spec and they're in a different league for strength and quality.The first time I jumped the MMT it broke the front wishbone and bent a shock and as for weighing 25lbs,yeah with 2 bricks on top,dont know where that weight was dreamt up from as XTM only have them at 14lbs on the box it came in and in the specs.The Genesis weighs 17.4lbs and has loads more bottom end grunt for climbing,the MMT flexes way too much and the quality of the wheels are poor aswell as the sorry SH made engine.I bought this off the back of having the XTM XLB and that was one great buggy,I uprated the spurs to steel and bashed it to death.Way too many things need to be put right on this truck for it to warrant it's current price tag.I'm not slagging XTM,just this truck because I absolutely loved my XLB and am tihinking of getting another one cos they look the dogs.Sorry to be so negative but it has to be said,people mostly say things are great when they're not and I tell it as I find it and this truck cannot be bashed nowhere near as hard as a LST2/GST 7.7 or Savage,by the way my mates got sold too and he bought a GST,a little extra yes but you get what you pay for but would expect better quality for the money to be honest....[]

The brushless MMT sounds awesome,its the best thing for them is conversion and keeping em onroad cos they suck offroad.3 of the record holders on that link belong to our forum in the UK MSUK,Mel who hit 74.6mph with his Falcon engined Hong Nor X1 CR FE,ported and polished by Cabbie,Tony Lovering aka Ziggy 12345 who holds the official records for scale IC and Open IC with speeds of 100mph for scale IC and 103mph for Open IC and last but not least Chris 52 with his awesome twin engined Kyosho 777 with RB C6 engines and 22t CB's..Big up to the guys and Tony will get the record for overall speed in any RC soon....[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif]
    Highly modded HPI Baja SS,Highly modded Revo with RB 523 power,TTR ST-1,TTR Hammer S18,Sanwa M8 with Spektrum SM1001 module..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You sure make me curious [&o] if your so up on a truck that costs almost twice as much as an MMT, (GST) and you own 2 of them why the hell you get an MMT. What the heck is uprated? If you were worth 2 cents you would be on here helping someone who's having trouble with there truck instead of running your mouth like you actually know something. First off if you jumped an MMT and broke it you obviously don't know how to drive or jump [:'(] Oh and could you please tell me who makes the engines that are in CEN products there M8, I know your a brilliant one enlighten us all please This is a hobby or it used to be until people like you got into it that don't seem to have what it takes to make the grade as a hobbiest. What you need to do is grow up and learn to UPGRADE the things you buy instead of crying about how bad it is [X(] I could tell you stories about every model out there but I choose to back just about every product there is because no matter what a persons opinion is its not there place to make an arguement you can't back up...............

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think rclynx and Mr. Terminator both make some good points.

rclynx, I recognize you help out a lot of people here and don't want to be disrespectful, but I have to disagree with your position on the MMT. What you say about being a true hobbiest is a good point, but I don't think it justifies overlooking the obvious faults of a RC model with several design flaws, such as the MMT. If a RC truck breaks constantly, chances are it has less to do with the driver and more to do with the quality of design and construction. This truck breaks more than any other RC I've had experience with.

-For a truck of its size, the suspension arms are WAYY too small in every dimension...I broke at least five or six of the front arms driving a MT the way one normally would. Compare these to the Savage arms for example and you'll see what I mean.

-The front CVD axle issue has been covered here many times...the casting was defective, but XTM continued to distribute them. I give credit to XTM since they sent me a free replacement pair, but I never used them because I converted to the Losi axles and was sick of having downtime due to broken axles every time I took the truck out.

-The exposed transmission in the MMT is a HUGE flaw since, after all, this is a RC Truck that is designed to be driven off-road in dirt/mud/gravel etc. All it takes is for a small bit of dirt to enter the adjustment window on the transmission, and it will stop shifting and require complete disassembly to fix. Add that to the fact that the gears wear considerably faster due to the fact that any lubrication applied to them simply attracts EVEN MORE dirt and grime.

-The stock tires and tire foam are absolute junk, only usable for off-road and useless for any smooth surface.

I think this truck makes for a good on-road experimental vehicle, but honestly it's just too unreliable and poorly built to be consistently FUN. I sold mine and am now thoroughly enjoying a HPI Baja 5b, which I beat twice as hard as the MMT and has broken only once when I accidentally drove it into a concrete structure.

A good friend of mine owns a Savage and as he says "beats the bag" out of it regularly also...he's only broken ONE part in over two gallons of running.

If XTM were to put a little more thought into their designs and materials, I think they'd have some winning products in the MT category.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Woooaaaahhh,I didn't attack you or anyone personally,the MMT sucks,if you choose to sell that truck thats your perogative don't however get personal because you can't handle the fact someone slated a product you happen to sell,thats my God given right to do so and is not only my opinion but others too.SH dont make all of CENs engines and the one's they do are to CEN's specs.I didn't slate every XTM model,as I said I loved my XLB once i'd stuck a decent engine in it,as for why I bought the MMT,well just because I own two Genesis trucks does that mean I can't buy another brand..? I also have a MGT 8.0 and have had the LST2,the MMT is not in the same league as any of them trucks.I will help people who have these trucks if they ask and I do know what I'm on about,i've had over 20 yrs nitro experience aswell as having a sucessful mechanical engineering background with degress from Sheffield University and have ported and polished many nitro engines and built quite a few 1/4 scale MT's complete with Conley V8's aswell as being a moderator on one of the UK's premier forums but I dont have to justify my actions,i'm not the one making scathing personal remarks.

You make a lot of sweeping statements like how i'm not up to the grade of being a hobbyist and that I don't know what i'm on about aswell as not being worth 2 cents.That shows the level of your intellect and is just arrogant presumption on your part.Everything I said is true and what I experienced and how the f*** can you say people like me,you neither know me or know anything about me to make statements like that,I can back up everything I said about the MMT as that was true,most of what you state about me is supposition and the rantings of a guy with hurt feelings and a dummy on the floor,seems you are the one who needs to grow up instead of backing your ramblings up with silly smileys in your paragraphs.When you fork out so much money on a model you would at least expect it to perform at some level out of the box,using things like I should learn to upgrade the models I have just is no excuse and that shouldn't have to be done.Both the GST and LST2 are capable of performing out of the box without upgrading,for the record,the MMT is £324 here in the UK and the LST2 is £359,I know which one is overpriced crap out of the two..

The advice i'd give to anyone with a MMT is,sell it and buy a truck that can take a bit of a beating without snapping and flexing like a toy,the only thing monster about them is the horrific amount of money you'll eventually fork out on spares.Sorry if I hurt anyones sensitive souls but i'm not one for blowing bubbles up a models arse if its substandard and the MMT in my opinion is just that.The XLB,Mammoth ST and the XT2 are all decent models and why the MMT is so much different,is beyond me.Come on Global Hobby,get it sorted....
    Highly modded HPI Baja SS,Highly modded Revo with RB 523 power,TTR ST-1,TTR Hammer S18,Sanwa M8 with Spektrum SM1001 module..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lets all just take a chill pill a minute and bask in the glow of what is undoubtedley XTM's finest moment in modelling, the Mammoth ST Pro.

It is a WORK OF ART. Will slap buggy based truggies down all day at the track.

The MMT is too big for the material and designs it is based on. The stock ST had problems with the chassis material and length of the chassis, so stretching it even further and leaving it as the same material was never gonna fly, was it? It's a brilliant idea and is obviously good for a land based missile project, but heavy duty bashing? no.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec88159.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	964910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql35221.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	964911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Af88460.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	964912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wq42874.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	964913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yj66283.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	964914  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78766.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	964915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av69641.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	964916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ns44097.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	964917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk26349.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	964918  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jeez guy's today my MMT broke or something, I was in the ball park today just driving around the pitcher area where the dirt is at and the engine stop running. then i tuque the truck and set it down to check the problem and everything look fine as usual then i push the truck back and forward (always have that habit of doing that) I notice the feel of the gears got stoke, it go's forward but not backwards with engine off, any Idea? I don't bash my truck i only off road with t without mist treating it.
    T Maxx classic - XTM MMT - R/C10GT - R/C 10 - Rustler - T/L Mini Baja - AXIAL AX10 Scorpion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I forgot to mention that whenever I want to start the engine thru the Tiger Drive the car moves it's 4 tires even if i do it in slow speed on the drill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This thread has been edited to remove some flaming and harsh language. Please keep the discussion civil and on topic.

Thank you.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums.
    ~Reiko~

My truck will run. I have foreseen it. It is my DENSITY.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More than likely the clutch spring came off or broke, the most problem free clutch I have found is the preformance sliding clutch. haven't had any problems at all with it. To my way of thinking the only clutches better start out at about $50.00 and up [&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks rclinx it has to be that then cause i put the car against my leg checking if the 4 wheel drive was working, stupid me.[:@]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast