Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

ORIGINAL: rclynx

More than likely the clutch spring came off or broke, the most problem free clutch I have found is the preformance sliding clutch. haven't had any problems at all with it. To my way of thinking the only clutches better start out at about $50.00 and up [&o]

Last night i toque everything apart searching for the problem and i found out that the clutch bearing was broken at least the one in the back of the bell, the cause of that problem was the 2 speed clutch that got loose some how and didn't want to work like it supposed to. haven't run the truck yet but i bet that my rear diff must be bad too, some how it jump the gears on the rear diff cause every time i roll it back and fourth i could hear the annoying clicking sound
    T Maxx classic - XTM MMT - R/C10GT - R/C 10 - Rustler - T/L Mini Baja - AXIAL AX10 Scorpion

So after reading this thread i think its safe to say id be better off getting a savage x 4.6 big block or tower hobbies tower terror or maybe even a t-maxx 3.3. right? if so wat one?
    Soon to be brushless Traxxas Stampede, Mini-t, Mini lst, 2 Micro-t\'\'s, Sportwerks Chaos, and many many more to come

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This isn't exactly a place to start a thread about something other than XTM, Besides the Mammoth Kit slams all 3 of those and they also have there problems. Remember something for every one complaint you hear about any RC there are thirty or fourty people out there who are happy with there MMT. All of my customers love there MMT's because they are made aware of there limitations and what it takes to keep them in running order. Its not a Truggy, if your doing outragious jumps you need to know how to do them and thats tricky as hell with a 2 speed. Grab that Savage and do some full throttle landings and the gears come out of it just like the MMT and even worse with the Traxxas. Most of whats wrong with an MMT is the wheels, they suck because they develope flat spots sitting on them for months before they get sold [] I sell all the models your talking about and get them back for repairs and not one of them doesn't have its downfalls..........You see me with the XTM logo because its the only one I sell on line since Startlogic screwed up my other web site good luck what ever you get and believe nothing that you hear and about half of what you see [&:]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kloft

So after reading this thread i think its safe to say id be better off getting a savage x 4.6 big block or tower hobbies tower terror or maybe even a t-maxx 3.3. right? if so wat one?

Don't get me wrong! I love my MMT its like rclinx say the only problem i had was the wobbly tires but my wobbly tires did not came out of my box! that happened month before i bought the truck, it was my fault about the broken bearing cause i mist adjust the 2nd gear clutch very wrong but the great thing is that i found the parts right away in all my lhs, "it's a very good truck" like i said before I'm not a hard core basher or speeder I just love off roading and this truck fit's well for my demand.
    T Maxx classic - XTM MMT - R/C10GT - R/C 10 - Rustler - T/L Mini Baja - AXIAL AX10 Scorpion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kloft

Don't get me wrong! I love my MMT its like rclinx say the only problem i had was the wobbly tires but my wobbly tires did not came out of my box! that happened month before i bought the truck, it was my fault about the broken bearing cause i mist adjust the 2nd gear clutch very wrong but the great thing is that i found the parts right away in all my lhs, "it's a very good truck" like i said before I'm not a hard core basher or a speeder I just love off roading and this truck fit's well for my demand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The MMT is really, really big. It's really the only really big truck for that sort of money. It's worth getting and fighting with purely because it is in a class of it's own.

The Mammoth Pro kit is simply the best thing since sliced bread.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Since we are being honest, I will throw in my two cents.

I did have a MMT but sold it because it simply wasnt tough enough for what I do. I like to bash and bash hard. Thats all I do. And the MMT is certainly not made to bash with. Its just too big and the parts are 50% off the XT2 or Mammoth, which in my opinion is poor design. The MMT needs bigger and better diffs, and not a two speed tranny, but a center diff to absorb all the stress and not destroy the front/rear diffs.

It was a fun and very powerful truck, but if your into jumping and bashing, dont get it. And like RClynx said, they all have their problems. My buddy just got a Savage not too long ago, and hes replaced spur gears, engine mounts, chassis bending, etc.

I do love my XT2 though.
    RCing as the day goes by

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually the Mammoth is a great design, its the RTR that gives it a bad rep. [&:] The dynamics of a Mammoth are one if the best out there and if set up right and has the right driver will piss a lot of good racers off. Revo and LST eat your heart out
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello all, new to this thread. I have been racin nitro stadium trucks for a few years and just don't have time for the track anymore. I will be investing in a MT as soon as I get my other nitros sold. There are about 4 that I really like and it has been a tough choice. I read the reviews on the MMT in RC car action magazine and it seems like a real beast. What caught my eye was the shear size and some other stuff like the nice XTM rear exhaust and alum. shocks. I have read thru this thread and like all rc's, it seems like this truck has it's good and bad points. I am down to pickin between the MMT, Monster gt 8.0 , Cen GST 7.7 , or the nemisis. I am lookin for a good , tough, reliable basher that I could possibly take to the track sometimes also. In your opinion, is the MMT that truck, or , if money wasn't an issue, would you lean toward something else? Thanks in advance for any input and happy bashin
    O.S. POWERED DTX NITRO EVADER/ DTX RAZE/MGT/EVADER EVST

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On Saturday 11/29/08 I purchased the XTM Monster MT over the Losi Aftershock and found that right out of the box there was an issue with the truck, more specific the transmitter. When I put in the 8 double A batteries and tried to power on the unit, I noticed a strong odor of burnt electronics coming from the TX and the lcd screen failed to come on. In other words, the TX was bad and it was confirmed at my Local Hobby store. Fortunately, he had another transmitter from a used MMT and we just swapped the crystal.

On to the second issue:

I had just started the break in process for the motor and I was getting a feel for the truck and decided to take it over a gentle sloping curb (in other words a low jump) and when it came down in the grass, the left front hub carrier broke. I understand that parts are going to break and expect it to happen, but when a PLASTIC piece is matted to an aluminum part (the steering hub) the piece is going to break. And this is due to the closeness of which the hole formed on the edge of said Hub carrier where the steering hub mounts.

I can see now that this is going to be THE Achilles heel of this truck. And I am sadden to say that my LHS doesn't carry parts for this truck so I now have a 500 dollar 14 pound paper weight, because I can't even finish breaking in the motor.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I still have mine is been in the garage since middle of last summer, the back diff is some how missing a tooth I know cause of the clicking sound it makes once you squeeze the throttle plus the rear diff axle has a little bend, not much but it is bend. I bought aluminum C-Hubs for it and a few other things like Losi front axles, the inner tire foam is bad. so thats gives me the option of trading it for a rock crawler or sell it. I never jumped high jumps or even crashed against anything at all. What I've done with it is off roading and little jump bumps with it. it has a Sullivan electric Tiger Drive starter, and a safe fail switch (bran new) if any one is interested let me know.
    Oh! almost forgot I never use the second gear cause it is not tuned yet.

Busted part num# at Hobby People

XTM Pinion Gear 13T $13.99 stock num# 149423 MV22822
    XTM Ring Gear 43T $23.95 ' ' ' '''''''''''''''# 149421 MV 22812
    XTM Rear Dog Bone set of two 143.6mm $14.99 '''''''''''# 149968 MV3560

video here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPTJhDc3dQ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

.............................. delete please?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this guy is worst then a drug dealer pushing all this xtm junk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ever thought about puting an axial 28 in yout monster mt? i put one in mine and it runs great after u i fully tuned the engine i was pushing 65 on radar. here is a link to my video on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRf8_4YsG9I
    brushless slash, xtm monster mt, 1/6 buggy, emaxx,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TRIPPLE A STRONG

this guy is worst then a drug dealer pushing all this xtm junk
    Your just jealous ha ha ha your probable the junky watching over everybody's business. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that axial is the best thing on that truck but watch putting that cheap fuel in it you will jack that engine up that way that stuff is not realy even 20 percent

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: egyptsean

ever thought about puting an axial 28 in yout monster mt? i put one in mine and it runs great after u i fully tuned the engine i was pushing 65 on radar. here is a link to my video on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRf8_4YsG9I
    "Axial are awesome" thanks for the video, thats a fast truck. I just got tired of seeing my truck in the garage the engine is in pretty good shape (just 2 gallons of fuel), I might fix it who knows.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea im jelous i always wanted a low end monster truck yea ok but i was noticing your truck is verry clean almost new are you scared to drive it or is it broke

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea im jelous i always wanted a low end monster truck yea ok but i was noticing your truck is verry clean almost new are you scared to drive it or is it broke
    Some people likes hard core bash and I don't, is just my thing. Like I said before I like off roading, mudding, crawling thats why non of my trucks don't look that abuse. At the same time I'm showing my kid some responsibility with this expensive hobby.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

(((low end monster truck?))) what do you mean about that? cause last thing I remember my truck was worth $449.99 with out tax. When I bought my MMT no one had no idea what this truck was going to turn out to be, it was completely new truck to all hobbyist.

I like the truck it fits my needs, is not a basher truck but for sure is fast and as for the parts all truck break so thats nothing new for me.

Dude I read around and I see that you have issues with others as well stop being a jerk with people cause of your jealousy.

MODERATORS SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS GUY.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes please MODS look into TRIPPLE A STRONG. All of his posts are:

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
    RCing as the day goes by

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

Yes please MODS look into TRIPPLE A STRONG. All of his posts are:

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
    [sm=drowning.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

XTM 457 6 Port or the SH .28 8 Port will spank that booty without having to shove that axial ( ford engine ) in that pretty Chevy ( MMT XTM )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey RClynx, I am a die hard Ford man! [>:]
    RCing as the day goes by

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an XTM 18 engine. Needs a little work and it has great compression. Any thoughts on this engine?
    just tryin to trick it out

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast