Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

Hey RClynx, I am a die hard Ford man!
    LOL you know what I meant..............I'm a Dodge guy myself.......that is whats known as a metafor

.18 XTM [&o] I have them, I run them and there as good if not better than most that are put out on RTR vehicals, .12's are a different game in the small block and there is a lot more flexability in what you can do with them. Small block engines have there own little nitch of problems and over the years unless its a high dollar .12 as far as I'm concerned its a disposable engine. Unless your an avid hobbiest I wouldn't even bother with a little clean up, just go ahead and replace it. XTM .18 is a little tricky as far as feeling like its got good compression. They sometimes feel like they do and they don't if you get my jest. Don't be to disappointed if you start the engine up and it only runs for a short time, dies and is hard to start [&o] bad engine [] 90% of the time. Nothing ventured nothing gained, clean it up and try it out. You never know
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rclynx

Don't be to disappointed if you start the engine up and it only runs for a short time, dies and is hard to start [&o] bad engine [] 90% of the time. Nothing ventured nothing gained, clean it up and try it out. You never know

Ok you got my attention on this one, I have a spare XTM .28 engine it runs fine but right after the full tank is about to finish it stalls, I have a tiger drive electric starter on this engine as well. Once it's hot it seems that the starter spins but the piston dosent move or fly wheel. If I spin the electric drive in a slower pace it turns, but if I do it fast it wont spin at all. do you know what it is? can you help me out with this problem? "please"
    T Maxx classic - XTM MMT - R/C10GT - R/C 10 - Rustler - T/L Mini Baja - AXIAL AX10 Scorpion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its oil getting on the OWB and very commen with the big block..........make sure you have a good seal on the housing at the back of the engine, the fuel likes to push itself up there. I don't have any problems because I hang the MT's by there rear wheels when there still hot so all the excess oil and fuel drains back into the engine. I also always pinch of the fuel for shut off or run it out rather than putting my finger over the stinger. Those are 2 must do things for less problems like you described [:-]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its oil getting on the OWB and very commen with the big block..........make sure you have a good seal on the housing at the back of the engine, the fuel likes to push itself up there. I don't have any problems because I hang the MT's by there rear wheels when there still hot so all the excess oil and fuel drains back into the engine. I also always pinch of the fuel for shut off or run it out rather than putting my finger over the stinger. Those are 2 must do things for less problems like you described [:-]

Thank you very much, I will check the back plate. Is possible that it haves a leak some where around there, do you think is a good Idea to seal it with Shellac? don't know if your familiar with this auto motive product. or maybe just use good old fashion silicon?

quote: I bought the new engine on the truck cause I thought it was done. []
    T Maxx classic - XTM MMT - R/C10GT - R/C 10 - Rustler - T/L Mini Baja - AXIAL AX10 Scorpion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use a very thin bit of red silicon [:-] but make sure it doesn't push its way inside [X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use a very thin bit of red silicon [:-] but make sure it doesn't push its way inside [X(]

Cool Ill have that in mined, Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You guys are scaring me. I just bought a MT today. I have tons of rc cars and trucks and just wanted something big. MY bud has the MGT 8.0 and I wanted to get something his size. My savage beats him in every way so it's not fare to him. LOL. Is this truck that bad or are people just upset with it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an XTM 18 engine, it needs a carburetor pinch bolt. HAs or does anyone run this engine? ANy input about it at all would be great.
    just tryin to trick it out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Montana Mike

I have an XTM 18 engine, it needs a carburetor pinch bolt. HAs or does anyone run this engine? ANy input about it at all would be great.
    What are you trying to do? fix it to use it or sell it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just use it, I got it awhile ago and forgot all about it. Took it all apart and cleaned it all as well as lubed it up. Has great compression and the only thing it needs is a pinch bolt. Just wondering what some people thought about it. Good, Bad, sloppy, lazy.. just input. Maybe to help me decide what vehicle to put it into.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Montana Mike

Just use it, I got it awhile ago and forgot all about it. Took it all apart and cleaned it all as well as lubed it up. Has great compression and the only thing it needs is a pinch bolt. Just wondering what some people thought about it. Good, Bad, sloppy, lazy.. just input. Maybe to help me decide what vehicle to put it into.
    well a .18 there is only so many kits it can go into. keep it you never know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a few T- Maxx trucks, a 4 Tec , a Rush, and soon a Losi XXX-NT/AD2 with no engine that it will fit into. SO I plan on keeping it. Just wanted to know what people thought about it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice, the engine will do well. I have an Durtrax .18 and that's made by OS and it's a great engine. The bigger the engine the easyer it is to keep tuned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an OS 18CV-RX in my other Rush. I hear alot of great things about them. Thanks for the input on the XTM 18 bro.. Merry Christmas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcbeep73

You guys are scaring me. I just bought a MT today. I have tons of rc cars and trucks and just wanted something big. MY bud has the MGT 8.0 and I wanted to get something his size. My savage beats him in every way so it's not fare to him. LOL. Is this truck that bad or are people just upset with it.

The truck is fast out of the box is an good off roader in snow, dust and mud but not a good basher, so if you like going fast and sometime off road here and there well the MMT is good, but if you like all out bashing sorry to say but is not as good as an Savage or a LST MT Truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well if I want to bash to kill then I use my savage cause nothing else can take what I give out. For the MT I do want to bash but on the easy side. Like sand pits, the beach, fileds. I wont be jumping ten foot jumps. Just wanted something different but I don't want it to break if I hit a rock or jump it two feet in the air. Maybe installing a more powerfull engine in the the future. So did I make a bad choice? Or maybe I need to find out for myself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That .18 XTM engine is a strong long lasting engine that has proven to be worthy of any 1/10 RC that you want to fast and durable. Its made by SH exclusively for XTM and I have one of my demo x-c's with over 7 gallons of fuel through it and it would have lasted longer if I wasn't so hard on it. XTM .18 is a great engine

Mega Monster Truck......MMT To put it into a real perspective of what it is and how it should be used my only thoughts are Cadillac 1960's compared to say a Nova or an SS of the 60's era. Nova and SS could be fast and agile, they would get to there respective speeds at a quick rate of speed while the Cadillac was fast it couldn't keep up with the SS or Nova until it came time for top end. Then it would put a hurt on a lot of cars that couldn't keep up. That being said the MMT is what you might dub the Cadillac of MT's. Give it some long straight aways and some small jumps it will rise to the top like cream. But try to stay up with the light weights with the frame style chassis, no it will not jump with them or cut the tight corners. Give it a stretch and the jumpers are dust.

MMT is not meant for everyone that isn't into power sliding and long flat straights. Probably the most fun MT for the parking lot that there is and don't get in the way or loose it like the little trucks.............cause stuff breaks on the big boy MMT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

saw a post for the MMT that guys are throwing in the LST front CDV when they break the stock one. Could anyone say if any mods need to be done in order for those to fit? Or is a direct swap? Yes just broke my right front CDV and now it's a 3 wheel drive not a four wheel. Although I must admit, the turning radius has increased....

thanks
    Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey if it's a drop in I will do it before they break.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats what I am trying to figure out, about to head the LHS to pick some up but need to know if I have to get other parts as well.. hate going there thinking I got everything I need only to find out nope!!!! Need another trip back.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hear you. I am new to this truck just took it out of the box and that's it. so if you find out please let me know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well I can say this, if you look at the cdvs for the lst/after shock as well as the stock ones for the MMT they look ALMOST the same, except for the lst/aftershock the end is threaded. Trouble is don't know if they are the same length.

LOSB3502

I run them on my 80+mph MMT. I snapped the factory ones like twigs with 10S lipo on the truck. These Losi ones haven't missed a beat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

okay are they a direct fit?

Yep...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast