RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Carb setup question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 08:36 PM
JeDi_MaStEr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb setup question

Hello there Nitro Lunatics..

Over the easter weekend of bashing i had some trouble..my LSN assembly popped out from the carb body after a drop of about 15 feet (it was ugly)...anywho..the LSN spring popped out, so today went to pick up a replacement, the guy at the LHS told me to just use a spring from a click pen...

The usual guy at the LHS that is very knowledgeable and helpful was not there so I am not sure if this guy is truly helping me out or just blowing smoke up my a#%..

I have an OS 15CV, when I look at the exploded view of my carb the spring seems to made out of a small, thin springy material, but a click pen spring is small but not so springy, more on the firm side...any suggestions, ideas??
Old 04-23-2003, 09:31 PM
FastAxis

Default Carb

As I see it you have a few options; Buy new carb MOst $$; go to you local hardware store and buy 4 or 5 diffrent small springs medium$$$; or you can cut the pen spring and give it a go almost no$$. I would personally try to fix it myself but thats just an opinion . good luck
Old 04-23-2003, 09:35 PM
JeDi_MaStEr

Default Carb setup question

FastAxis, thanks, I have a collection of different size and strength springs, I guess its a matter of picking the one with the right tension..