Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Arg I'm Mad!

Old 03-31-2003, 11:55 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arg I'm Mad!

Ok So I'm tearin apart my emaxx today gettin ready to add hop ups, and take off other ones. I got this thing i a trade and up till this first time taking apart the truck i was happy. I'm having 1 heck of a time getting off every other freaking screw! GOD some are metric hex, some are standard others are screw, almost every screw is different, even if its the same location in a different spot! MY GOD! Who knows how many sections are stripped to fit the improper place! I cant even get my Freaking shock towers off because almost all of the heads are different and i can't seem to find a size that properly fits 1! I spent an hour and a half trying to get off shock towers. Thats 8 screws total on the emaxx to remove them. 8. I couldnt get them off for my life. So tomarrow HOPEFULLY I can go to the hobby shop and ask the owner to assist me in the impossible. I haven't been able to drive the thing for a while now, but since i got new a-arms finally I thought id hook them on. NOPE Can't do a darn thing now because nothign wants to be removed or replaced for its life. OMGOMG IM SO MAD AT THIS POS>!!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:19 AM
hpiguy

Default Arg I'm Mad!

Most of the screws on the Emaxx are either Phillips or Hex head.

If you are having a problem with these screws it must be you.

I have rebuilt my Emaxx a few times and NEVER had a problem. NOR have I seen different screws used to hold on the same part in the same location.

You need to calm down and take your time and use the right tools.

Any screws that have hex heads should have had the wrench included with the truck in the box. Unless you ripped open the box and tossed all that stuff out.

Either way it sounds like you are making a simple job very difficult through either lack of knowledge and/or experience with R/Cs.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:24 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Arg I'm Mad!

Originally posted by hpiguy
Most of the screws on the Emaxx are either Phillips or Hex head.

If you are having a problem with these screws it must be you.

I have rebuilt my Emaxx a few times and NEVER had a problem. NOR have I seen different screws used to hold on the same part in the same location.

You need to calm down and take your time and use the right tools.

Any screws that have hex heads should have had the wrench included with the truck in the box. Unless you ripped open the box and tossed all that stuff out.

Either way it sounds like you are making a simple job very difficult through either lack of knowledge and/or experience with R/Cs.
you dont even properly read posts that i put up.. sigh... Almost every other screw is different, and not part of the original kit, that is why I am so upset, and I also go the thing in a Trade. Please be more careful when you read. Alot of the hex screw heads were stripped out so it was a heck of a time trying to get them off with vice needle nose plyers.. If they were the correct screws, there would have been no problem getting anything off and I wouldnt be here ranting about my troubles.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:48 AM
hpiguy

Default Arg I'm Mad!

So ..... the whole reason for the post by you first off was to do nothing but whine and complain about a truck you bought used and are surprised that it had broken and stripped screws?

Wow.

Even then it shouldn't take hours to work on it. Using correct tools or even some tips learned from all your R/C experience.

Try this. Take a Dremel (an R/C god like you should own a Dremel) and cut a slot in all the bad screw heads. Now you have flat head screw heads that can be used to take them out. After you get them out then toss them and buy new ones.

But I'm guessing you knew that.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:21 PM
AIR-SAVAGE

Default Arg I'm Mad!

Be nice people..........He was just telling a story,Whats the big deal???
Old 04-25-2003, 10:53 PM
WarriorRacer05
My Feedback: (1)

Default Arg I'm Mad!

Yeah that sucks. I'd invest in a screw kit.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:39 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Default Arg I'm Mad!

Originally posted by CaseyDDR
you dont even properly read posts that i put up.. sigh... Please be more careful when you read. .

LOL I remember this same thing not to long ago!! Any ways just park the truck for a little longer buy a screw kit, and put it back together right!! I imagine if the proper tools were used for each(different screw) you would have little problems!! Besides the screws are just in plastic and not loc-tited in metal how hard can that be??
Old 04-26-2003, 01:53 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Default Arg I'm Mad!

man of all people i wouldnt expect casey to get bent about r/c cars.
sure it must suck but like that dude said (albeit in a not so nice way) you did get it used.

if i were to sell you one of mine ....many screws in many places mismatched ......some of us just find one that fits and go.

yeah maybe you should order the screw kit and do a complete rebuild...that way you find out all about it.

come on casey dont give in and take it to the lhs ...thats what they want ...your labor money.

maybe you have more money than time, but remember im unemployed so i have mroe time than money