James1701

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default A Traxxas Let Down

Well the other evening me and my wife were out and I picked up a new sport maxx. Don't get me wrong its a nice truck, but I cant believe that Traxxas did not put foam inserts in the tires. I have been checking the boards on the the new maxx and did not see a lot about it before I bought. I am looking forward to breaking it in next week. I went to my lhs today and found some ofna blue foam inserts for 11.00 for all four, going to put those in. I was almost tempted to get some big joe 40's, they had them with inserts for 25 for 2. Maybe after I get the truck broke in. While I am on the subject of tires, why can some companies not put the inserts in and glue them on the rim if they want to call it a ready to run? Even Duratrax glues their tires at the factory.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:31 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i dont use foam in my stampede.

if gives it a better sound and a nice bounce. im not a pro junmper or a racer.

i have a duratrax st too. it ddnt come with foams and i wouldnt put them in those wheels either.
come to think of it this is the first ive heard of foam in mts.

any reason why your putting in foams?
Old 04-25-2003, 08:37 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: A Traxxas Let Down

Originally posted by James1701
Well the other evening me and my wife were out and I picked up a new sport maxx. Don't get me wrong its a nice truck, but I cant believe that Traxxas did not put foam inserts in the tires. I have been checking the boards on the the new maxx and did not see a lot about it before I bought. I am looking forward to breaking it in next week. I went to my lhs today and found some ofna blue foam inserts for 11.00 for all four, going to put those in. I was almost tempted to get some big joe 40's, they had them with inserts for 25 for 2. Maybe after I get the truck broke in. While I am on the subject of tires, why can some companies not put the inserts in and glue them on the rim if they want to call it a ready to run? Even Duratrax glues their tires at the factory.
it is RTR, inserts arent a big deal, as pack said they can be more fun on MT w/o them. I think you're throwing this outta proportion majorly.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:56 PM
grampi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I wouldn't have minded a Sportmaxx with the 4WD and 2 speed modules. I'm currently in the process of removing the reverse from my T-Maxx anyway. I don't use reverse, and I absolutely hate the herky jerkiness the reverse causes during partial throttle application. I'm also looking at the Big Joes and the 40 series rims, but right now, I don't have $100 to spare. The only gripe I've got with Traxxas so far is their lack of keeping kits and parts available, and the length of time it takes them to get the stuff out to the distributors/retailers when stuff is on back order. They are horrible with this!
Old 04-26-2003, 01:55 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yeah
when i wanted a simple glow plug it was on back order for like 3 weeks back in march.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:14 AM
James1701

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well with my Duratrax there is not near as much give in the tires without foam. The reason I want it in the maxx is to reduce tire roll. There is a lot of play there, it is my understanding that the Tmaxx already has the foam inside. Plus it will reduce premature tire wear. Hey Grampi are you talking 100 for tires and rims or just the tires.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:10 AM
grampi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It would run roughly $100 for all 4 tires and rims. I've been thinking about getting them because they're supposed to be stiffer than the stock tires and they might help with the handling a bit. The Maxx tends to suffer from a lot of body roll. These tires and rims are also cool as he11 looking.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:28 AM
James1701

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Your right they do look SWEET. I think I will wait and see how my truck does, and get a set in a couple of months. I hoping since I put these huge ofna foams in my tires it will decrease the roll. The package says it can be used in a 1/8 or 10 off road truck. The inserts were almost twice as thick as the traxxas brand. But it did at a fair amount of weight. So I guess I will see how it goes.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:17 AM
9zap

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yeh big joe,s way to go ..i wonder will they help with teh maxx on roll over ..mine is always on its lid