E-Maxx Mad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default E-Maxx With 7-Cell Batteries?

I just bought an E-Maxx and it has two Trinity Monster motors (mild) in it, can I run 7-cell batteries with these motors? Does it matter what motors are in it or is it the ESC that supports 6 or 7 cell batteries?

Thanks,
E-Maxx Mad
Old 04-25-2003, 08:39 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

eh hate to tell ya but u wasted your money on those modified motors. But yes you can run them with 7 cells, and both packs have to be the same for best performance. If not, one pack might run out before the other. You shoulda used the $$$ on the motors towards the carbon fiber chassis
Old 04-25-2003, 08:45 PM
E-Maxx Mad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the info on the batteries. Why don't you like the Trinity Monster motors. I bought the truck with the motors and suspension kit titanium turnbuckles andRPM Rims and 2x1500 also different gearing for 330 +15 shipping. do you think the motors are not very good or much faster then stock?

E-Maxx Mad
Old 04-25-2003, 08:50 PM
caseyddr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by E-Maxx Mad
Thanks for the info on the batteries. Why don't you like the Trinity Monster motors. I bought the truck with the motors and suspension kit titanium turnbuckles andRPM Rims and 2x1500 also different gearing for 330 +15 shipping. do you think the motors are not very good or much faster then stock?

E-Maxx Mad
They dont give enough speed for the money needed to buy both of them. You are going to get absolutely no run time off the 1500's either, the maxx EATS batteries (trust me have one) I get bout 5-6 minute run times from my matched 7 cell 2400 packs. Id highly suggest putting the stockers back in to increase run time. You got a decent deal, but the batteries will NOT due for the truck. Your first buy should be from stormerhobbies, for 100$ you get 4 3000mah nicad packs.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:18 PM
E-Maxx Mad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well to be honest the truck is still in the mail and I don't think the stock motors will be in it, they weren't listed. Regarding the batteries I knew they wouldn't last long but I dumped all of my funds into this truck so it will be a while before I buy some batteries but that will be the first thing to do. Would you recommend the batteries that you mentioned over 7 cell batteries? The person I bought the truck from said they clocked it just over 30 and that was before they changed the gearing. They said it is now faster after the gearing change. Well I have a lot to learn about the Maxx. Also I just have a super brain 959 and I am sure that is not going to cut it either. I was thinking of the duratrax dual charger, any recomemdations?

Thank you,

E-Maxx Mad
Old 04-26-2003, 04:25 AM
caseyddr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well to be honest the truck is still in the mail and I don't think the stock motors will be in it, they weren't listed. Regarding the batteries I knew they wouldn't last long but I dumped all of my funds into this truck so it will be a while before I buy some batteries but that will be the first thing to do. Would you recommend the batteries that you mentioned over 7 cell batteries? The person I bought the truck from said they clocked it just over 30 and that was before they changed the gearing. They said it is now faster after the gearing change. Well I have a lot to learn about the Maxx. Also I just have a super brain 959 and I am sure that is not going to cut it either. I was thinking of the duratrax dual charger, any recomemdations?

Thank you,

E-Maxx Mad
yah that charger would be great for this truck. As for batteries, Since the modified motors are in, I'm sure you can still hit 30 mph with the modified motors in it with 6 cell 3000 packs. I suggest them over the 7 cell packs for sure, specially in your situation. And i dont see what hes talking bout just over 30. Mine was hitting 33-34 mph with stock and 2400 7cell packs.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:42 AM
crazyman5550

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

dont get the duratrax peak charger they catch fire and have alot of problems plus they were recalled if i was you get a dynamite mega dual-e charger. thats what i use i my maxx and its awsome. As for batteries i have the peak racing 2400 mah nicd batterys i highly recomend them they give me like 10-15 unlike what caseyddr said. But as for the trinity motors i dont know how much run time you will get but it will around the same time
Old 08-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Turn&Burn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

NIMH cells do not like that kind of amp draw like an e-maxx can put on a set of batts. Now on the other hand Nicad cells can handle the amp load of an MT and that is why CRAZYMAN's 2400's is geting a much longer run time than Casey's 3000's
Old 08-08-2003, 02:08 AM
Turn&Burn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry Casey, I read your post wrong, If casey is running 7cell 2400 packs and crazyman is running 6 cell 2400 packs....There is your answer for the differences in run time, and also the 2 trucks might not be geared the same or even running on different surfaces.......
Old 08-08-2003, 03:28 AM
powerhungry

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I have a lot to learn about the Maxx. Also I just have a super brain 959 and I am sure that is not going to cut it either. I was thinking of the duratrax dual charger, any recomemdations?

Thank you,

E-Maxx Mad
The Superbrain 969 is a DUAL battery charger. The 969 is new and it goes for arouund $99. Not the 959.. but the 969