topdawg516-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

hey guys. my b-day is coming up real soon and i am looking to buy a t-maxx. anyonw know anywhere online that i can get one that has them in stock?
Old 04-26-2003, 01:13 AM
droopy316

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

Dont spend that hard earned cash on a tmaxx, be different
everyone seems to have a tmaxx.......get an ofna or something
Old 04-26-2003, 01:41 AM
FairlyNew

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

Several on ebay for sale brand new from reputable sellers. Expect to pay $400-$425
Old 04-26-2003, 01:53 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

what vehicles do you own now?

you set on the tmaxx?
cool choice but just wondering.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:07 AM
LandShark

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

get a savage
Old 04-26-2003, 02:38 AM
Thmaxxer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

I say get what you are going to be happy with, and also a truck that will meet your needs. I was bashing with a guy that had a Savage the other day and when it was time to go home, his Savage was still running and my Maxx was broke. I would have to say the Savage appeared to be more durable then the Maxx. My truck would beat his in a drag (he still has the stock motor in it as does mine (2.5)) but I am sure if he dropped a Hyper 8 port or a good aftermarket engine in it, he would beat me. I would have to say with both trucks in stock form, the Savage seems to be more durable. If you are into racing, then consider a Maxx, if you are a basher primarily, then consider a Savage. Both are good trucks. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:41 AM
POJack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

You guys really get on my nerves....Why is it everytime somone asks about a T-Maxx or about buying one, you guys say "get a Savage" or "Get an Ofna".? Just because you own a savage/Ofna, you want everyone in the world to own one also? The question was "where can I find a T-Maxx". Not, where can I find a Savage or an Ofna. He/she obviously wants a T-Maxx.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:43 AM
grampi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

It's all about jealousy.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:48 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

hey i was just asking ....i dont own any mt so i was wondering what maade him choose tmaxx
Old 04-26-2003, 02:58 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Come on guys lets not start another one of these.

wow! i didn't think this was gonna start another t-maxx vs. savage battle. sorry if it has but as POJack said

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is it everytime somone asks about a T-Maxx or about buying one, you guys say "get a Savage" or "Get an Ofna".? Just because you own a savage/Ofna, you want everyone in the world to own one also?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

obviously the second everyone reads the word T-Maxx they all freaked when they really should have finished reading my first post. once again as POJack said i want a t-maxx and the original question was where can I find a T-Maxx? it tell u every time i see something that has to do with a t-maxx there are guys in there like why did u get a t-maxx. u should have gotten a savage because blah blah blah. or the opposite and same thing with the ofna guys. i have been reading about all the diff mt's and this is the one that fits my needs and the one that i have found that i like the most. as for packfan's question. i currently own a e-pede, rush, and a tl-01. and after all of this my question still hasn't been answered. well it kinda has but i really don't wanna do the ebay thing cause i have done it before and had a bad experience. So please is there anyone out there that isn't bias and can jsut tell me where i can get one in stock? Later!
Old 04-26-2003, 04:13 PM
grampi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

The best thing to do is to pick up a magazine with a lot of ads from hobby retailers and just start checking with them. Also keep an eye on the for sale section of this forum, it's another very good source. If you keep at it, you'll find one. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:46 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

thanks grampi will do. the only thing about that is that whenever i look in the mag the ad will say something like t-maxx 389. but then when i go to the site it will say like 415. and this is not for the package deal. thanks grampi.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Rex2342

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

Originally posted by grampi
It's all about jealousy.
Thats funny coming from someone who's been complaining and cursing the traxxas name ever since he bought a T-maxx!!

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...Vehicle%20Kits

Here is a place that has the t-maxx in stock but you'd better get it fast if you want it.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:36 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

sweet thanks.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:53 AM
grampi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

Originally posted by Rex2342
Thats funny coming from someone who's been complaining and cursing the traxxas name ever since he bought a T-maxx!!

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...Vehicle%20Kits

Here is a place that has the t-maxx in stock but you'd better get it fast if you want it.
Here's what I don't like about the T-Maxx. The radio sucks. However, this isn't something unique to Traxxas. The vast majority of RTR kits include suck-ass radios. Here's what I don't like about Traxxas. They suck at keeping the distributors/ retailers supplied with enough kits and replacement parts to meet demand. That's the extent of my discontent. The T-Maxx itself is a very good MT. It's tougher than it's getting credit for, it's got one of the best enigines available, and there's more aftermarket parts for the Maxx than any other RC vehicle.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:44 AM
Rex2342

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

Originally posted by grampi
The T-Maxx itself is a very good MT. It's tougher than it's getting credit for, it's got one of the best enigines available, and there's more aftermarket parts for the Maxx than any other RC vehicle.
I agree completely the maxx is a very good truck and is very tough otherwise it wouldn't have had such success or popularity(witch is why it's hard to keep up with demand)The trx 2.5 has more power than any .15 availible according to RCCA the only thing I don't like is it's really hard to tune correctly but the maxx is tougher than allot of people give it credit for and I've seen it do some things I wouldn't try and come out without a scratch on it.

And thats coming from a Savage owner!!
Old 04-27-2003, 02:40 PM
grampi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

I wouldn't say the 2.5 has MORE power than any .15 out there. I'd certainly say it has as much as any though. I'd say the Fantom makes just as much power. The 2.5 may harder to tune than some, but I would say it's overly finicky.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Rex2342

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

When I read the article in RCCA they said the 2.5 was the most powerfull engine they had ever tested.Maybe they didn't test all the .15's but I assumed they would before they would say something like that.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:34 PM
grampi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help!

They haven't tested a Fantom. The 2.5 may very well be be the most powerful engine THEY"VE TESTED. Doesn't mean it's the most powerful .15.