Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

whats the deal with titanium

Old 04-21-2003, 03:20 AM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default whats the deal with titanium

What is the advantage/dis-advantage of using titanium for after-market stuff, like hubs, axles, etc...
Old 04-21-2003, 03:53 AM
Steve Guinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is an extremely strong and lightweight metal. The Ruskies like to use it for submarine hulls.
It is also easier to get than unobtanium. :tired:
Old 04-28-2003, 02:11 AM
AugerIn

Default Titanium

A BIG bonus with titanium is, it doesn't corrode like other metals, in salt water.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:42 AM
LandShark

focus on RC, guys ^^
Old 04-28-2003, 03:10 AM
noahb

Default ***

Here is what I know about Titanium, one the Rockwell C hardness is aroun 36 not really hard compared to harder materials. The most common grade is grade 5. It does not fair well when it has a edge on it as it likes to chip. This is what has been told to me. I have found several parts made out of Titanium and except for it's light weight, I see no purpose for it like drive hubs. This is what I was looking for as my stock hubs on the savage are getting tore up and was wondering if titanium is better. still not sure. As for the so called "unobtanium" as far as I understand it there is no such metal. It is a term used by engineers that describes a certain property of metal that they look for but does not exist. I got this off the net, so I am just relaying what I read...I could be wrong...not that they has never happend before...lol
Old 04-28-2003, 03:13 AM
noahb

Default landshark

What's up landshark. How are those big joes doing? My picco is kicking butt, but I have already tore up a diff case...it rotated the pen that holds the spider gears perpendicular to the outdrives. I just used the other slot and it is fine. I guess those wheelies are tearing up stuff. Whould you recommend the big joes or stay stock. I bought some Hot Bodies rims, they fit so much better on the hex adapter (tight) not all loose like HPI rims. They are holding up to.