Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone Own An Aftershock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
irockdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Own An Aftershock?

I've desided to kick the Warhead EVO off my list...mostly because its discontinued and i dont wanna put it on order then wait a month for it to come. ALSO becuase my hobby shop pretty much hates Duratrax and they have no Duratrax parts. I'm getting the Losi Aftershock because theres one in the shop and I looked at it out of the box and the hobby guys talked to me about eveything GOOD about it, and becuase thier sales men they didnt really say much BAD about it...so what I wanna know is if anyone owns one please tell me how you like yours and whats the downsides to it so i can prepare to fix anything wrong. Also go ahead and post a pic or a link to the pics of yours. Thanks. (i've also changed the title cuz i'm not getting many hits and replys)POST PICS PLEASE!!!! then tell me the specs and mods
Old 03-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I've made my choice: Losi Aftershock

my father inlaw has a aftershock, its a great truck all around, has had no problems with it and if tuned to the tee its very fast.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Deftones123

im almost ready to sell my piece of junk warhead evo to get the aftershock, had alot of problems with my warhead evo, spent more time fixing it then driving it
Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
atv_motocross#38

I own a warhead evo and an aftershock. The warhead sits upstairs in my room while i am out bashing the shock. I recommend to consider buying the losi ht pipe; huge difference. Im not sure if they come with these or not now but when i got my aftershock i bought an inside gear cover. Look on the lst2 replacement parts list to find one. Also, i had to richen mine about a whole turn out on the high speed when i broke mine in. (so its 4 turns out now)

Good luck.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
twomanytoys

I was really thinking about the aftershock but got a great deal on the Savage X ss kit. Just make sure you upgrade the a arms to rpm's and change teh pipe out. Thats pretty much all everyone says it needs.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:08 AM
davido666

You will want to pick up the LST2 first and second gear set off ebay. They are prown to staying in second gear on the aftershock. The one on the LST2 is made better and will hold up longer. Losi cut corners on the 2 speed gears when they made the aftershock. The aftershock also has a smaller tank then the LST2 so if you want longer run times get the one off the LST2. Do get the HT pipe from the LST2, the one that comes on the engine is garbage and you won't get full performance out of the engine. The stock pipe makes it hard to tune the engine.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Deftones123

full tank is fine on the aftershock, get longer run times then the warhead does stock and you can just seal the prome button on the fuel tank
Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
atv_motocross#38

ORIGINAL: davido666

You will want to pick up the LST2 first and second gear set off ebay. They are prown to staying in second gear on the aftershock. The one on the LST2 is made better and will hold up longer. Losi cut corners on the 2 speed gears when they made the aftershock. The aftershock also has a smaller tank then the LST2 so if you want longer run times get the one off the LST2. Do get the HT pipe from the LST2, the one that comes on the engine is garbage and you won't get full performance out of the engine. The stock pipe makes it hard to tune the engine.
I have a problem with my aftershock right now. I must be sticking in second. Do you have part numbers for the lst2 one or a link?
Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
davido666

You can't get it as a part from losi but you can get them on ebay as a complete unit. It would cost over 90 bucks to convert it. Look for it on jennys_rcsport or do a search for LST2 gear. Make sure you bid on the one for the LST2 not the aftershock one that she also sells. They don't like it when you post links to the ebay sale site.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Grits

ORIGINAL: davido666

You can't get it as a part from losi but you can get them on ebay as a complete unit. It would cost over 90 bucks to convert it. Look for it on jennys_rcsport or do a search for LST2 gear. Make sure you bid on the one for the LST2 not the aftershock one that she also sells. They don't like it when you post links to the ebay sale site.
I think you may be wrong. LOSB3411, LOSB3424 are the high gear parts and LOSB3410 and LOSB3420 are the low gear parts. I've got over 7 gallons on my stock parts and when and if they quit I'll upgrade to those parts. Most any place can order them or you can try the many online stores.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
irockdude

Default RE: Anyone Own An Aftershock?

Hey..any one wanna post pics...or show me where i can find em...thx..
Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Sugafree

This should do it, (So long as you Slipper and Clutch bell are still in Good Shape......)

2-Speed High Gear Hub w/Bearing
2-Speed Low Gear Hub w/1-Way
63T Spur Gear, High Speed
70T Spur Gear, Low Gear
Old 03-31-2008, 04:49 PM
irockdude

[sm=idea.gif] I have an idea...how about you guys POST YOUR AFTERSHOCK PICS!!! I havent found one just aftershock pics thread so just do it! I whould but guess what? i dont own one yet! Its waiting for me in the hobby shop...
Old 03-31-2008, 08:16 PM
irockdude

Hey does anyone know the ground clearence of the shock? I know the Warhead has 3.75in max. i'm asking stock,i know different tires and wheels help.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
irockdude

Ok..since no one whould tell me i looked else where..and i found out the stock ground clearence is around 4 inches. Thats about all i can say..Cant wait to acctually get it! i got $120/300 i'm earning..then i'll try to get my dad to pay $100 or more...thats about it...
Old 04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
davido666

Here is my son modified aftershock.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8tAR0kYMdSg
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
irockdude

Awesome...I went to the hobby shop today and looked at a shock out of the box...and wow its bigger than i thought. it looks way tough. and the shocks are HUGE [X(] i'm sold! i HAVE to get one. i'm tryin to earn money from my mom but she keeps saying she doesnt have any more jobs for me to do...lier...lol i'll clean he whole house for this truck! I CANT WAIT!!! also keep postin your pics and vids of your aftershocks. thanks.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Rice_slayer

ORIGINAL: irockdude

Awesome...I went to the hobby shop today and looked at a shock out of the box...and wow its bigger than i thought. it looks way tough. and the shocks are HUGE [X(] i'm sold! i HAVE to get one. i'm tryin to earn money from my mom but she keeps saying she doesnt have any more jobs for me to do...lier...lol i'll clean he whole house for this truck! I CANT WAIT!!! also keep postin your pics and vids of your aftershocks. thanks.
Get a job, Im 15, 16 next month, and have had a job since i was 14, 9 if you want to count my paper route... BTW, I bouught an aftershock and after struggling to get the mixtures right for it to run, It hums nicely, too bad I work all weekend :P.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 AM
jbb

could sum 1 post some good pics of the aftershock plz lol im wanting 1
Old 04-04-2008, 02:58 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

if ya'll are still looking into new trucks go check out traxxas's website they just came out with an all new 3.3 TMAXX looks more insane than the old one!!!!!!!!!!!!! [&o] too bad i just got mine 2 months ago
Old 04-04-2008, 04:28 PM
irockdude

Dude...No trashax brand stuff in this thread![:'(] purely losi and the Aftershock!

speaking of aftershock...anyone got any pics or vids they wanna post here?
Old 04-04-2008, 04:44 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

WOW the immaturity level befudles me [X(], i thought we were just discussing different brand options here i have the warhead evo, the tmaxx 3.3, an losi lst2 and a redcat monsoon my dad has a revo 3.3, an AFTERSHOCK, and an st-1. Me and my dad like our Traxxas stuff just as much as our losi's, but if you wanna go brand bashing go ahead thats just a good way to get thrown outta the thread. A close mind is ALWAYS a wasted mind.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:49 PM
irockdude

Hey i'm just making fun..sheesh..dont go cryin about it! heres a pic to help ease the pain..lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19443.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	921592  
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
jbb

lmao irock dude lol truly its preference on which truck thanks for suggestion motodude
Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 PM
irockdude

Hey i dont hate any brand...I acctually use traxxas topfuel 20% on my nitro evader st. i'm just stoked to get the aftershock!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.