Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Questions about lubing things......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Questions about lubing things......

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 03:42 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about lubing things......

NO...i aint talkin about lubin' up stuff before you hit it with some chick! I am talking about , lubing up some stuff on the Truck/Buggy.

I am just finishing up putting my T MAXX back together with a new Stage 3 suspension kit from Unlimited engineering , and was wondering if it will hurt anything , to throw a little greese around the pivot balls and the drive shaft yokes and other misc moving parts on the suspension? It all seems to work ok , but for some reason , the stock servo had problems moving it around the way it should. So i replaced it with a stronger steering servo , and it moves a little better , but still not as fluid as the original stock stuff did. The parts actually FELT lighter than the original stock stuff , and definetly fit allot tighter (not much play , with no shims). But i just need to know if you guys throw in a little lubing on these parts on a regular basis?

JEFFRO503
Old 04-29-2003, 05:21 AM
hpiguy

Do not use grease or any lube on external parts of your R/C.

It will work fine when the car is in the house. When you take it outside it will do nothing but attract dirt and dust and cause premature wear on your parts.

The pivot balls and drive shafts should need no lubrication to work just fine.

If you insist on using something to lube the parts (if they are tight they were assembled wrong or the screws were twisted too tight) use dry graphite or bicycle chain lube that goes on wet and then dries with no residue.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:45 AM
JEFFRO503

AAAHHH...........ok. I did think that it might attract dust , and was trying to think of some way to lube it up , put a coat on it , then dry. Good thinkin'............now al i gotta do is find some dry graphite.......where in the heck do i find that? I have some chain lube , but it doesn't dry the way i need it to. It's allot like motorcycle chain lube.....gets really gummy........and i know that would totally suck on my RC.

JEFFRO
Old 04-29-2003, 06:41 AM
POJack

Default Re: Questions about lubing things......

Originally posted by JEFFRO503
NO...i aint talkin about lubin' up stuff before you hit it with some chick!
Ha Ha, that was the first thought in my head when I read your headline. Shows you where my mind is :devious: :devious: :devious:
Old 04-29-2003, 08:08 AM
ManicMechanic

You can get dry graphite from hardware stores and locksmiths. They use it to put in locks for the same reason, it gives good, slick lubrication without gunging up the lock mechanism.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:19 AM
maxxdaddy74

Spend $40 on a new Hitec 625 and you'll be amazed at the difference.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:14 PM
JEFFRO503

Thanks guys!!.........appreciated as always!

JEFFRO503