Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

About Cheap Aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 09:01 AM
POJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About Cheap Aluminum

I was at my lhs today talking with the guy who was trying to help me keep my 2.5 from stalling and he commented on my harcore bulkheads. Then he said that his buddy went cheap and bought some dynamite bulks. This got me thinking. If anyone is going to buy aluminum and pay that much money for it, why not buy the good stuff. I mean, in my opinion, that cheap stuff (still not all that cheap) is going to bend anyway so why in the heck would you buy the cheap stuff and not just stay with plastic??? I don't know, it dosn't make sense to me.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:36 PM
perculator

I bought the cheap Dynamite bulkheads. I figured that with the way my plastic bulkheads withstood everything I threw at them I might as well.(one was even partially busted and kept everything together)

The reason I went cheap is because I got Bulkheads, 4.5mm chassis, and 4 steering knuckles for 100 bucks at my LHS. To me it was worth it to get all those pieces in matching red anodized Aluminum.

Then of course my motor blew and so I was wishing I had that 100 bucks back real bad

Now I could understand not going with cheap arms and shock towers. Those seem like they could bend real easy to me. But I doubt the bulkheads will bend that easily.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:00 AM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

usually one the t-maxx you won't break the bulks.... even if you have "cheap" aluminum ones, the stress points are in different places, as in the A-arms.

Dynamite's aluminum peices aren't all that bad, just because HARDCORE is 500% more money than anything else dosen't make them "Better"..... Dynamite uses 7075 aluminum in alot of there stuff just like Hardcore, but it is the finish hardcore uses... the deep shine, rather than the anodizing... and the deep shine costs more.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:10 PM
br052602

hardcore is also made in usa not a bad thing but you know that also drives up the cost.