Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt Demon out????

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Demon out????

Is this truck out or what??? Theres an auction for one on ebay, and it no where states that it is for a pre-order. They also have tons of pics of it, man this truck looks like a beast! So does this mean they are finally shipping?? i hope so..i want one so badly!!!

i cant post a link, you know how this site works, so just go to ebay and type in dirt demon, and look at it
Old 05-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Stingray
My Feedback: (1)

This truck looks to be bad to the bone! I'm sick and tired of waiting for the MGT. After seeing those pics I will be getting this truck for sure. Look at the arms on this thing...totally solid! This truck looks like it's built to take a beating. My next purchase will be going to Hot Bodies.......
Old 05-01-2003, 10:56 PM
four4forever

Default Dirt Demon or Thinder Quake Clone

I looked at this truck and I have to say it looks a lot like a thunder quake.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:29 PM

it looks like a tank, i cant wait to start jumping this thing, cmon hotbodies release them!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Stingray
My Feedback: (1)

I just received an e-mail from the seller and he said that he has many of them in stock. He said he received them 2 days ago. NICE!
Old 05-02-2003, 04:00 AM

sweet! since you have his email, can u ask him what he sells them for retail ? maybe ill just buy one straight from him
Old 05-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Bravo3d
Banned

you can see it here
Old 05-03-2003, 01:24 AM
Cal-Torque

Default ?

What's the big deal about this truck? It's a Thunder Quake with a .26 and 4 extra shocks... It's at a great price though if the motor is equivalent to the Ofna/Picco. Hot Bodies doesn't seem to be releasing much detailed info about it.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:15 PM
minitrucker
My Feedback: (5)

500 bucks is a good price for this buggy inspired hunk of crap? All "monster trucks" based on a buggy chassis suck. Seems like companys think that if they add more and longer shocks and bigger tires to a buggy it turns it into a real monster truck. Monster trucks sit high and have alot of ground clearance. These buggy crappers dont. The tmaxx is a real monster because it is a purpose built chassis. The juggernaut or clodbuster or the xfactor are all even better examples of monster trucks because they have solid axles.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:48 PM

"monster trucks sit high"

This has 5 inches of ground clearance, the most your gonna find on any mt.
Solid axles take AWAY ground clearance. I will never buy one like that. It also has 7 inch diameter tires, thats HUGE! This truck looks awsome, and its gonna kick ass. just watch
Old 05-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Cal-Torque

Default Oh OK...

Exactly what's wrong with truggys? It depends what you're doing with the truck. Some are purpose-built (X Factor), but most are just for general bashing...a truggy more that suits that purpose. The clearance on this truck is more than a POS TMaxx... Yes, for $500, it is a great value...IF the motor is equivalent to the Picco .26. If that's the case, the motor alone is worth almost $200. Have you ever seen the TQ? It's basically a good truck, but has some issues; the biggest problem is the sucky motor, and Hot Bodies has apparently addressed that. The tires on the Demon LOOK a lot better as well. Otherwise, it's BIG, has pillow ball suspension, 2 speed, reverse, jump start... etc. Sounds pretty good to me.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:53 PM
minitrucker

Well I stick by my statement. I dont think i said anything about the tires or engine. Im talking about chassis design. The maxx is a purpose built truck, it was made to be fun and take a beating, not race. I hate seeing all the crap hanging below the body on the "truggys", its just lame. And the bodies move around on the long body posts, wow thats cool. The bigger tires that you use the more ground clearance you will have, so dont try and make it seem like that truck is built to be that big its all tire. And the engine, wow. Anyone can put a bigger engine in a truck and make it faster, nothing special here. Traxxas almost doubled the hp of the "tiny" .15. that takes thinking and planning and guts to not just put a bigger engine in the truck..........
Old 05-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Cal-Torque

Default Reality check...

I agree that the 2.5 is OK, but it's pushing around a small, light truck. Traxxas/Sirio did a good job with it, but there's no compensation for a big block. You can only get so much torque out of a small piston. What stuff hanging down are you talking about? The Titan (specifically built as a truck) does, but not the Demon... I'm not saying that this will the greatest ever, but if you can only buy one truck, this IS a good value and should be considered. Of course, personal opinion will be the ultimate deciding factor. Don't like, don't buy it. I REALLY don't like Duratrax, but Hot Bodies seems to have addressed the TQ issues. This is a big **** truck, and IF it's a decent .26, it should have no problem moving it around. I doubt that it will be as fast as new 2.5 T though...it's probably 4lbs heavier.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:04 AM
minitrucker

Im talking about everything on the chassis the the body should be hiding but cant because it has to be lifted so high just to clear the big tires. On a real monster truck chassis it wouldnt be a problem.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:25 AM
hitler75

Guys, it's just a hobby where we enjoy driving big trucks without fear of bringing down a house. If you have anything to complain about the performance of the MT per se just list it out for discussion. If you don't like the Dirt Demon for whatever reason, just shut the f*** up. Let other people decide what they like.

Personally, I think the DD is a nice looking truck but still we need more reviews and sneak peaks from performance videos etc. And I do like trucks of any design, as long as they serve the purpose of providing me tons of enjoyment