Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Recomendations on a bulletproof basher.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Recomendations on a bulletproof basher.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:41 PM
tooloud74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recomendations on a bulletproof basher.

I''m in the market for a BASHER. I had a T-maxx and I got bigger tires for it. The bigger tires just made the trans keep going out. Other wise was ok well underpowered with the big tires even when geared low. I want something that wont end up on the bench all the time because its broke and I need to fix it. I''m not going to use it to race just for fun in the yard or a contruction site. I would like something I can get parts for at my LHS. I dont want to start a war just get some suggestions. I was thinking of a MGT 8.0. If anyone has one let me know anything I need to know about it before I futher concider it. Sofar all I heard is to Loctite hardware.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:44 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Recomendations on a bulletproof basher.

I''ve heard good things about the MGT 8.0... I didn''t like the original, but they must have done better with that one. I''d also recommend the LST2... it''s pretty tough... as well as a Revo... they''re fast and tough out of the box. Couldn''t hurt to go with a Savage, either...

You''ll never find a truly "bulletproof" basher... ''cause they all will break...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
twomanytoys

I have a a MGT 4.6 adn its a beast. The only upgrades that will be a must is RPM a arms and aluminum shock caps. Other than that its a solid truck. I also just bought 2 Savages about 3 weeks ago and out of the box they are rock solid. I have not had to upgrade anything. Very tough trucks and fast as heck. My MGT with a roll cage weighs almost 18 lbs so its heavy. The savage is about 13 lbs so you can see the power to weight ratio on the savage is great. I have not seen a MGT 8.0 runin person but the owner of my local shop says they move real good but they are fuel hogs.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:07 PM
tooloud74

The fuel hog comment has crossed my mind. But on avg. Between me and my son we go thru 3-4 gallons a year so I if I went up to 6 gallons I could live with it if I was happy with the product. Recently I broke all kinds of parts on my T-maxx with those big tires. I loved the tires but the fixes cost way more over time than 2 gallons of gas ya know. I hear the 8.0 has all steel gears.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
rcmaster8

get the baja 5b
Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 PM
twomanytoys

Yes it has all steel gears. Its a nice truck. I like even the 4.6. Im just having more fun with the savages right now.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
ericem

I run a MGT with the original .21 and love it. I get 20+mins per tank its so amazing AND i can get it to wheelie.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 PM
buck in rut

i have the 8.0 and its a pig but it does have alot of power it is basically the same as the older 4.6 it does have some upgrades has a wheelie bar in rear bumper a much better slipper clutch 22mm hubs and tires there are others but i cant think of them all overall a good truck but i can burn a gallon in a weekend easily i would recommend the savage x its a great all around truck its not as fast as some of the others but it just doesnt seem to break
Old 04-16-2008, 03:55 PM
rclynx

Savage X SS and don't look back. Not the fastest, a little high and a little heavy on the price, but about the most durable out there and supported on and off line

and no I don't own one or even like them that much, but the people I sell them to beat the heck out of them and they stay together [&o]
Old 04-16-2008, 05:55 PM
jbb

the mgt 8.0 will for sure not let you down i would go with it or lst2
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 PM
rcmaster8

baja and dont look back
Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcmaster8

baja and dont look back
Go to the large scale forum with that trash. I bashed with a 5B enough to know that I like MT's 100 times better. watch my vids and see my truck huck huge airs, and then watch the 5B cruise around like it's on a Sunday cruise. LOL. I think 5B's are cool and all, but they are over priced, over rated, cost twice as much to repair parts, and can't jump like a MT.

http://www.youtube.com/user/highlifemt
Old 04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

ORIGINAL: rcmaster8

baja and dont look back
Go to the large scale forum with that trash. I bashed with a 5B enough to know that I like MT's 100 times better. watch my vids and see my truck huck huge airs, and then watch the 5B cruise around like it's on a Sunday cruise. LOL. I think 5B's are cool and all, but they are over priced, over rated, cost twice as much to repair parts, and can't jump like a MT.

http://www.youtube.com/user/highlifemt
definitely agree cool for the dunes, not so cool for day to day bashing in the park......

BTW guys the MGT 8.0 has 23mm hexes they have been checked. Was like 22.9942374632647814 mm.