Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Engine swap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:24 PM
polaris472

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap?

[link]http://www.smartechracing.com/English/ProductShow_Element.asp?id=368[/link]
Look at this link, could this engine be swapped into a 1/8 scale Truck?
Was just wondering how much stuff you would have to change around to make it work out.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:38 PM
jbb

Default RE: Engine swap?

u would have to change the gearing in the truck because our teucks are made for many more rpms im sure u would need a bigger feul tank and upgrade the drivetrain so is could handle the torq. it almost be more trouble than worth but u could try it
Old 04-18-2008, 04:42 PM
jay863fl

Agreed, you would probably be better to go full custom than to try to make it fit. But who knows, its hard to tell from the pic what the output shaft looks like, or how its mounted to the chassis.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 PM
polaris472

I figured probably more trouble than what it was worth, but I was wondering if anyone had done it or
contemplated it before. I think it would be fun to do or have, like said before probably more trouble than it's worth.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
polaris472

[link]http://www.smartechracing.com/English/UploadFiles/2008315102936692.jpg[/link]
Here's a link to it mounted in a 1/6 scale truck.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Elite_Tux487

Thats totally a nitro engine you just posted a picture of. Definetly not the same engine.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
CBM Racing

If a person had the time and spare chassis, it would be a fun project. Thought about doing a project like this on my lst2, but I like driving it to much to have the down time. Plus I don't think I could get small enough spur gears to mesh because of tranny size preventing engine getting close enough. Would be awsome though in a different truck/car.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
polaris472

It would be fun to run gas instead of nitro like in a 1/5 scale, plus it would be something different. Elite's right that does look like
a nitro engine even though that's the truck the engine is supposed to be in.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:56 AM
rclynx

That would be a fun Mod but it would have no practicle application to any of the 1/8 trucks on the market today.........you would have to go through everything. Gears, clutch, transmission verses center differential, just way to much for my liking..............I would think about a ground up build but not a 1/8 Mod..........another thing to check would be the quality of that engine and find people who have used it on an application rather than jump in and buy. Good luck and if you come up with something please post it for us all to see. [)]