RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best of the Best

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 02:29 AM
GBIguy
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best of the Best

Money is no object, I want the best MT there is, but I need help picking one out that will stomp everyone else!!! Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2003, 02:48 AM
Alteramod

Default Best of the Best

Go for the ofna titan at www.ace-hobbies.com
Old 01-30-2003, 02:55 AM
GBIguy

Default Best of the Best

how come?
Old 01-30-2003, 03:06 AM
rcidiot728

Default Best of the Best

wow buddy, arent u spoiled... but if you want a mt that would wipe out all others, it doesnt matter which you buy, as long as you can buy aftermarket products

MT's such as the TMAXX or EMAXX have a very wide variety of after market products, though a better pick out of the box would be the titan or hpi savage. odds are, if you get one that will stomp all others, you will not know how to take care of it, cuz it seems that you are new to R/C's
Old 01-30-2003, 03:22 AM
GBIguy

Default Best of the Best

I'm not new, I've been in for over a year and I beat the crap out of my toys, now I'm just looking for some thing better. I could get maxx and hop it up but most others in my area cant afford much more than stock trucks so I'm looking for one bad a** truck that they won't complain about cause I spent $$ on extras. I just want the best out of the box.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:44 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Best of the Best

Get the 2.5 TMaxx:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXPW87**&P=0

Or the HPI Savage 21:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCZW1&P=0
Old 01-30-2003, 04:23 AM
LandShark

Default Best of the Best

build one yourself, spend 12 hundreds dollars.

twin engines are "must".
Old 02-26-2003, 10:47 AM
XR2PROBE
My Feedback: (2)

Default Best of the Best

man for the ultimate mt check out ......NEW ERA'S 1/5TH SCALE MT .........
Old 02-26-2003, 12:15 PM
Alteramod

Default Best of the Best

well if your ganna go that high...... why not try out there 1/4 check it out: http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...bi&part_id=602

p.s.
you said money was not a problem
Old 02-26-2003, 01:24 PM
XR2PROBE

Default Best of the Best

LOL THAT WAS ACTUALLY THE ONE I WAS SPEAKING OF .......I FIGURED HE'D FIGURE IT OUT WHEN HE GOT THERE
Old 02-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Default Best of the Best

the xfactor is pretty cool. The monster pirate has just about as many extra aluminum stuff and upgrades as the tmaxx does, so you could get that too. It even says in rc car action "the mp will crush other trucks straight from the box" its the article about changing it into a race truck.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:54 PM
ridethelightnin

Default Best of the Best

That 1/4 scale truck is just way to frigging big IMHO.

GBIguy

I was in the same boat as you were for about two months. I did as much research as I could, reviewed all the specs for each of the trucks, read all of the posts on the boards, and when I came down to my final decision I bought the Ofna Titan and I am really happy with it.

I posted this in another thread, but I took the Titan down to the LHR the other day because I wanted to see if they had any exhaust mounting hardware for the nova Rossi pipe I was installing on it (the Nova Rossi is about an 1 1/2 shorter).

It was a kool feeling when I put the Titan next to the Savage and the T-maxx and all the guys in the shop were pretty much in awe of the Titan. The stock T-maxx looked pretty whimpy next to the Titan and the savage, although the savage looked much better than the T-maxx, still didn't compare to the Titan.

I haven't run with a T-max or a Savage yet but I hope to soon. I just finished breaking in the engine last weekend so I hope to really rip it up this weekend to get a better feel for the performance.

The T-maxx may be a bit quicker out of the box but it should be, it's lighter. ( I don't know the listed weight to back this statement but when I held the T-maxxx and Titan the T-maxx was much lighter) However, even if the T-maxx is a little bit faster on the top end, I don't think its nearly as durable as the Titan or even a Savage for that matter. Both the Titan and Savage have much better suspension.

I am tellin' ya. If you buy a Titan you won't be disappointed!! However, since it's relatively new, there are not many aftermarket products available for it so that is something you really have to consider. That is one huge advantage that the T-maxx and even the Savage have over many of the MTs is their aftermarket products available.

I was going to wait for the TA MGT or whatever it's called but they keep pushing back the release date. I do want that one too when it comes out.

What I would recommend is that you go down to your LHS (Local Hobbie Store) and look at a T-maxx and Savage. Then go to Ofna.com and look at a Titan since I doubt many LHRs have any in stock.

I am not slamming the other MTs and I really don't think I am being biased. I did a lot of research before buying one and I wrote on a list what was important to me and that really helped me make my decision.

Actually, all the top MTs are pretty darn good so you really can't go all that wrong. Also, you may want to check out the Ofna Pirate and dominator.

Good luck!! Now go buy a Titan haha Check out Nitrohouse.com they had the best prices when I did my search!!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:10 PM
forcelite

Default Best of the Best

If you want the crazyest truck ever, then you will have to upgrade any one you buy. I would recomend getting the t-maxx, get the .21 enginge conversion, get a crfazy 8 ported .21 get an all titanium conversion, and then but on the extras like aliminum shocks *** rolll cage, then you will have the CRAZYEST truck ever, after about $2000. I would not recomend going for some $700 truck thats nice now but once you brake something you can never replace the part. The tmaxx has tons of parts to choose from and you will instantly be in the t-maxx club
Old 02-26-2003, 05:29 PM
XR2PROBE

Default Best of the Best

IN ADDITION TO FORCELITES RESPONSE ID ALSO ADD A.......................FATBOYS 3SPEED TRANNY UPDATE TO THE LIST FOR THAT OOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOO BALISTIC FEELIN
Old 02-26-2003, 05:46 PM
forcelite

Default Best of the Best

xr2probe is right on that
seriously if money is no option then nothing will beat a tweaked out t-maxx, there is just so many more options with that truck, you will have a VERY hard time trying to find titanium for a savage, and I have looked, also cant find a roll cage
Old 02-26-2003, 06:09 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default Best of the Best

A traveled donkey can never become a horse!!!

Deep words.. ponder upon that!
ram
Old 02-26-2003, 06:44 PM
ejweelin92

Default Best of the Best

titan or Thunder Quake are the biggest
Old 02-27-2003, 07:53 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default Best of the Best

if the money is no problem buy a used pick up truck and run all the mt's over ...haha.just kidding ..wait for the AE BFT. looks like a good mt..
Old 02-27-2003, 12:07 PM
XR2PROBE

Default Best of the Best

yah i second that thought........... the ae monster truck should be better then all the rest ..and dont get me wrong im a diehard t-maxxer here .......but there are 2 companyies that have the best work and both of 'em build like no other

associated and tamiya
Old 02-27-2003, 05:14 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default Best of the Best

try the tamiya terra crusher (proud owner) its not the best of the best but one of the best..
Old 02-27-2003, 06:18 PM
bigbadbowtie

Default Best of the Best

There is a guy on maxxtraxx who owns a company called unlimited engineering. His name is Robin. If you want a Killer monster truck you need to talk to him. He is working on "or may allready have it in production" on all aluminum Mt based on the maxx with an RB concepts .21. making in the 3hp range.
I have seen one of his prototypes on a video and it is nothing short of amazing.

Maxxtraxx.com go to forum called unlimited engineering.

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/RacerX.shtml
Old 02-27-2003, 06:42 PM
aip_tuner

Default Best of the Best

All i gota say is, YEAH!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:51 PM
forcelite

Default Best of the Best

"yah i second that thought........... the ae monster truck should be better then all the rest ..and dont get me wrong im a diehard t-maxxer here .......but there are 2 companyies that have the best work and both of 'em build like no other

associated and tamiya"

ok guys we can talk all day about which brand is better than the other, what it comes down to is aftermarket parts. Just think about it in terms of real cars. So you have a corvette and your freind has a viper. Ya the viper is definatly faster, handles better, ect, ect. BUT, you send that corvette (T-maxx) off to Heniecy performance and it will smoke any stock viper on the road, ya you could send the viper off too, but imagine if they did not upgrade vipers (savage). So as of now no truck has the amount, or the shear quality of aftermarket products like the t-maxx. I serously dont see how anyone can argue with that

Forcelite
Old 02-28-2003, 04:04 AM
ridethelightnin

Default forcelite

Stock out of the Box this is how I would rate them: Just my opinion so no need to FLAME!!

1st Ofna Titan
2nd Savage
3rd T-maxxx

Now add in the aftermarket factor:

1st T-maxx
2nd Savage
3rd Titan

I agree with the person who stated that once Team Associated releases their MT they will be the big dawg on the block because they always follow up with strong supply of aftermarket products, as well as, well designed products. I will buy one!!

However, with all that said, I still am very happy with my Titan and would not trade it for ANY t-maxx!! PERIOD!! just my .02!! Although I wish Ofna would get off their ass and start supporting the the Titan with aftermarket upgrades!!!

Now you must all excuse my while I go bash some T-maxx's at the track...lol!!
Old 02-28-2003, 09:20 AM
XR2PROBE

Default Best of the Best

Hey RIDE............you took the words out of my mouth so to speak i agree with you on all points above mentioned.....and yes the tmaxx is starting to get some years on it but as you said the upgrades are there as to other kits just dont have an active account of upgrades availible as of yet...and the list is just about where i would have figured as well............I'm glad to see others can do the math as well......keep on stomp'n

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.