Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

rear steer kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 02:31 AM
ERSO.BANKS.NYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear steer kit

anyone know the deal with the rear wheel kit 2 make the back wheels turn 2?
Old 05-07-2003, 03:24 AM
NitroHolmes

Default rear steer kit

I've never seen one for RC, but I imagine it can be done. They do it all the time on rock crawlers....
Old 05-07-2003, 03:30 AM
hitler75

Default rear steer kit

I've seen someone done it before, but I was told you need a 3 channel radio to coordinate the back steering. So far he had not been able to get it to work like clockwork. Looking at the setups, it's quite complicated if you ask me.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:38 AM
NitroHolmes

Default rear steer kit

If you have the room, you can use the same servo for front and rear steering. Just install linkage to the rear steering control arm. However, this will not allow you to take full advantage of all-wheel steer. For example, you won't be able to "crab-walk." It will decrease your turning radius though......kinda like the new Chevy Silverado with Quadra-Steer.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:38 AM
hitler75

Default rear steer kit

You can do the rear steering with 1 servo provided that servo can take ALOT of torque and turn both steering and not lose performance. About that crab walk thingy, you can still do that... it all depends on how you connect it to the steering servo. But then again, that will be a permanent feature and you won't be able to run straight until you changed it out or add another steering servo.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:57 AM
NitroHolmes

Default rear steer kit

Yeah, I guess I should have been more clear......yes, you can use one servo to steer both front and rear AND be able to crab-walk. However, if you set it up to crab walk using one servo you won't be able to do anything but go in a straight line......not too benefitial......