RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Platinumz are in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
binaryterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Platinumz are in!!!

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

As well please elaborate why ALL of them use metal driveshafts?? They seem to work wonderfully in my CRT, LST2, 8T, and 8B I have.
Thats very simple, because they were not designed by Traxxas. It is quite apparent, but if you've never seen or used a Traxxas Revo axle or driveshaft, you've missed out on life a lot. The main reason they are not in the Truggy/Buggy is quite simple to build them beefy as they are they need to be larger than a thin metal rod, lighter but space is also a very large concern in the Buggy/Truggy platform, sometimes giving up the weight advantage is neccessary when it comes to spatial organization in a design.

Also calling me a Fanboy? I own a wider variety of manufacturers than yourself. You own 1 Jamming and 3 Losis, seems like someone is a Fanboy of Losi. I own 2 Losis, 1 Associated, 1 Axial, 2 Traxxas' (Revo, which will be sold soon and The Revo Platinum), 1 Duratrax. The only thing I'm a Fanboy for is OS engines though those new GRP's look mighty good. (I also realize you spelled Fanboy incorrectly, why you did that I can not be certain).

I am aware of the LST1 having some initial issues, however it was not released as a special edition like the Platinum, which is touted as teh Ultimate Revo.
No this was not released as the "Ultimate" Revo. It was the Platinum 6 time National champion Revo featuring all the hop ups used by National championship drivers. The world "Ultimate" searched on every page on Traxxas.com under Platinum Revo comes up with 0 results. Who besides yourself called it the Ultimate version, its the Platinum Version, not Ultimate Platinum Revo. It's nice you think its the Ultimate, thats nice coming from a Losi Fanboy.

Copy of the description of the Revo Platinum's purpose as pulled from the Traxxas.com Revo Platinum website:
Exclusive, Limited Edition Model Designed Specifically For The Pro Racer!
Over 50 New Features and Setups!
The 2008 Revo Platinum Edition is designed specifically for the pro racer. We took everything we learned from 6 national championships and packed it all into the most advanced, high-performance racing monster truck ever created. The same forward-thinking technology, high-tech materials, and unsurpassed engineering that continue to set Revo apart from the pack are further magnified on the Revo Platinum Edition. All the exclusive factory team parts and trick setups are integrated into a lean and mean racing chassis that's engineered just for the track.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
ThermalRD

Just an update on the Platinum. The stock 3.3 is broken in and tuned now. Everything is great. Motor runs fantastic. I've already got it cleaned off, and im ready to go over some last tweaks for the indoor track we run on. The Revo was great before, and now they've answered all the demands of the racers. Cant wait to get it on the track.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

As well please elaborate why ALL of them use metal driveshafts?? They seem to work wonderfully in my CRT, LST2, 8T, and 8B I have.
Thats very simple, because they were not designed by Traxxas. It is quite apparent, but if you've never seen or used a Traxxas Revo axle or driveshaft, you've missed out on life a lot. The main reason they are not in the Truggy/Buggy is quite simple to build them beefy as they are they need to be larger than a thin metal rod, lighter but space is also a very large concern in the Buggy/Truggy platform, sometimes giving up the weight advantage is neccessary when it comes to spatial organization in a design.

Also calling me a Fanboy? I own a wider variety of manufacturers than yourself. You own 1 Jamming and 3 Losis, seems like someone is a Fanboy of Losi. I own 2 Losis, 1 Associated, 1 Axial, 2 Traxxas' (Revo, which will be sold soon and The Revo Platinum), 1 Duratrax. The only thing I'm a Fanboy for is OS engines though those new GRP's look mighty good. (I also realize you spelled Fanboy incorrectly, why you did that I can not be certain).

I am aware of the LST1 having some initial issues, however it was not released as a special edition like the Platinum, which is touted as teh Ultimate Revo.
No this was not released as the "Ultimate" Revo. It was the Platinum 6 time National champion Revo featuring all the hop ups used by National championship drivers. The world "Ultimate" searched on every page on Traxxas.com under Platinum Revo comes up with 0 results. Who besides yourself called it the Ultimate version, its the Platinum Version, not Ultimate Platinum Revo. It's nice you think its the Ultimate, thats nice coming from a Losi Fanboy.

Copy of the description of the Revo Platinum's purpose as pulled from the Traxxas.com Revo Platinum website:
Exclusive, Limited Edition Model Designed Specifically For The Pro Racer!
Over 50 New Features and Setups!
The 2008 Revo Platinum Edition is designed specifically for the pro racer. We took everything we learned from 6 national championships and packed it all into the most advanced, high-performance racing monster truck ever created. The same forward-thinking technology, high-tech materials, and unsurpassed engineering that continue to set Revo apart from the pack are further magnified on the Revo Platinum Edition. All the exclusive factory team parts and trick setups are integrated into a lean and mean racing chassis that's engineered just for the track.
So you are saying Traxxas has a better drive train design than all the other rc vehicle manufacturers in the world?? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
It is quite apparent, but if you've never seen or used a Traxxas Revo axle or driveshaft, you've missed out on life a lot.
Actually I DO have experience with them, I have many friends that have and race Revos, and have helped them work on them many times.
If it is your opinion that not seeing or using a Traxxas Revo axle or driveshaft is missing out of life, then you probably should seek psychiatric help, as that would w/o a doubt put one in the rabid fanboi genre.
The main reason they are not in the Truggy/Buggy is quite simple to build them beefy as they are they need to be larger than a thin metal rod, lighter but space is also a very large concern in the Buggy/Truggy platform, sometimes giving up the weight advantage is neccessary when it comes to spatial organization in a design.
Translation please?? Is english your 2nd language perchance?
That makes no sense grammatically or logically.

Me Losi fanboy? Well I do like Losi, but I have had dozens of rc vehicles and many, many brands since the early 80s, and happen to have 2 Losis right now, a Jammin and just got a Kyosho.
I think there are several other companies that are every bit as good or perhaps even better. I am a realist not a fanboi. There is no perfect rc vehicle.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
jessemxt

BBBBAAAAAA-BOOOOOOOOMMMMM the bomb drops I love reading this Jerry Springer type drama it is soooooo funny
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 PM
IL2mSturmovik

LOL I dunno why he takes someones opinion on a trucks design so personal
Old 05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
binaryterror

Much like yourself, you take this personal any knock on an LST.

This thread is about the Platinum Revo. Move on Losi Fanboy.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Much like yourself, you take this personal any knock on an LST.

This thread is about the Platinum Revo. Move on Losi Fanboy.
Yes I realize its about the Platinum Revo, which is why I commented on it, and its plastic drivetrain design which is lacking in my opinion.
I think I will stay and await your response to my question on deciphering what you said about the drive train.
And dude, I am 40 and not a blind fanboi about Losis products. As I said they aren't perfect and both have some issues.
But they are good, durable vehicles, and have a lot to offer.
I would hope that Traxxas would have put an all metal drivetrain in their "Platinum" "full race" $675+ vehicle, to me thats absurd.
If Losi released one with a plastic drivetrain I would be railing on them about that as well.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:36 AM
binaryterror

I would hope that Traxxas would have put an all metal drivetrain in their "Platinum" "full race" $675+ vehicle, to me thats absurd.
Remember as I've said multiple times, this truck, the Revo Platinum is based of their 6 national wins and their set up. If 6 times out of 7 you win with the Plastic Revo axles, why would you include Steel ones? The steel CVD's weigh more and if you read the Slayden Pit Passes you'll see he clearly and quite often is most concerned about weight, weight on the alxes is rotational mass. Reducing the rotational mass that the CVD's would add is something Slayden often mentions. Clearly you have bad experiences with plastic axles or drvieshafts, however the Revo units just work.

I sent you a PM on the translation. As a young but mature 28 year old I decided your personal attacks weren't related to the topic at hand so I merely did the adult thing and sent you the translation.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
jessemxt

Remember as I've said multiple times, this truck, the Revo Platinum is based of their 6 national wins and their set up. If 6 times out of 7 you win with the Plastic Revo axles, why would you include Steel ones? The steel CVD's weigh more and if you read the Slayden Pit Passes you'll see he clearly and quite often is most concerned about weight, weight on the alxes is rotational mass. Reducing the rotational mass that the CVD's would add is something Slayden often mentions. Clearly you have bad experiences with plastic axles or drvieshafts, however the Revo units just work.

I sent you a PM on the translation. As a young but mature 28 year old I decided your personal attacks weren't related to the topic at hand so I merely did the adult thing and sent you the translation.

Hey bro I understand your reasoning but if it aint broke don't fix it. As absurd as it sounds those plastic driveshafts work well I had a revo for over a year and a half and never had one break. I would of liked to see the "platinum" revo come with the cvd's but it didn't so oh well. Have a good day
Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 AM
IL2mSturmovik

I dont see any personal attacks, except you towards me, but whatever, and I responded to your pm.
And by the way http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboi
Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
bentgear

If Traxxas was to put in steel drive shafts it would just mean that racers would pull them out and put in the plastic versions, unless they liked BLING more than usefulness.

Ed M.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Anomie

Keep the thread flame-free, and please don't let this escalate. I see that one such discussion has left the forum, and that is a good thing. The mature option, to be sure.

Thank you.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:52 PM
ALFFA164

Hey.... NitroVenom, if you dont like the blue anodized chassis you can do the following:

1. Get some oven cleaner (easyoff - but not a spray can, just the regular old one)
2. Get some metal polish (paste works better than liquid)
2. If possible place the chassis in a container were you will be able to cover it with the oven cleaner
3. Leave it for about 30minutes to one hour
4. Magic.... the chassis isnt anodized at all... pure silver aluminium
5. Polish the chassis with a soft towel, it takes some time but the results are just awsome

This way you will have a more like inox steel, white gold or platinum look. it will glare like a mirror... and it costs almost nothing. Give it a try and you will be more than happy, i did it with the bulkheads of my Warhead Evo and the result is just amazing.

I hope you still have that revo.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol Thanks bro. I know about the de-anodizing trick already. I just bent my chassie so I'll be de-anodizing the new one. You know this thread is almost 6 months old right?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:33 AM
ALFFA164

hahahaha... i know.. i was just looking for some info about the revo platinum edition because i want to get one and i found this thread and i thought i might help you too.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
BigGrump

I have a Revo 2.5 that has had the origional engine, an OS .18, an STS .28, an STS .30, and now an AB Mods STS .30 engine. Have stripped the gears out of the transmission three times, burnt up clutches, stripped the rear diff out once, worn out servos, gone through several sets of tires and you know what....... when the Revo was new, I bought an extra axle set just to have in the tool box, for when something happened to the stock ones. Well, the Revo still has the origional drive shafts and origional axle shafts and they are still in good condition and the spare is still in my tool box. The plastic axles and drive shafts in the Revo are bullet proof. I may have trouble with them tomorrow after saying this, but that is OK, because after what they have been through, they owe me nothing.

Dennis