Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Savage upgrades ... prioritized

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage upgrades ... prioritized

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 07:30 PM
new72Savage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage upgrades ... prioritized

Thought it might be interesting to get others thoughts on what upgrades (if one chooses to built out) should be done in what order.

Should protection (skid plates, bumpers, guards), braking, steering, running gear (shafts, clutches, tranny), engine, etc. Some are obvious (i.e. upgrading engine w/o clutch, steering, etc), but i'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

Especially would be interested in the simple homebrewed tricks to improve longevity (such as glue fuel line to body near pull cord to protect the cord from fraying). along that line, what is the best way to extend the life of the stock rims to prevent stripping?
Old 05-04-2003, 08:09 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage upgrades ... prioritized

Well I'll tell you what I've heard

Use fishing line for Pull starts (gotta rebuild it yourself)
Dont pull it too far. Pull in short bursts. Prime the pull start so the piston is near compression when you start pulling. This makes it a LOT easier. One less jerk in the movement you gotta deal with every time you pull!

Also I'm gonna add some extra oil (especially castor) to my fuel.
I dont know how its gonna turn out but I sure will let you guys know long term.

Batteries:
NiMh: These are the best. Only problem is.. slower you charge em.. longer they last (lifetime.. not that charge).
NiCd: They have memory, but can discharge and charge at high rates (upto 1 amp)
Alkaline: You still have these?!

BIGGEST TIP: LEARN TO DRIVE!
I know this through experience. The less you crash, the less problems you have right?! So crash less= more fun!
And yes, that goes especially for me!
ram