Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MAX tires on Pede VXL

Old 05-03-2008, 03:28 PM
paythemanning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAX tires on Pede VXL

hey guys.. just wonderin if anyones using max sized tires on their pedes and if it works well? i have a vxl and its very fast and i wouldnt mind sacraficing some speed for a little more stability and ground clearance. oh and to do this all i would need are some new 14mm hexes right? ps. Im already running the flm wide conversion arms.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 PM
paythemanning

Default RE: MAX tires on Pede VXL

k..good talk im gonna get these with the EMAXX Wheels and Tires

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-1-X-14MM-HEX-W...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-04-2008, 09:03 PM
infernalstone

Well, problem is, what are you going to do for front wheels, since all the wheels for monster trucks are 4x4 and will need hexes?

And you may have clearance problems on the front end, since 2.2 inch monster truck rims usually attach to the axle far on the inside or in the middle, and a lot of gas MT ims attach towards the outside.

Edit: Just saw the extensions. I dunno. May work, may not. I'd definately gear the truck way down. It's a pretty sizable difference in tires. And really, I think you might lose stability since you're increasing your unsprung weight, and raising the CG for the chassis. But it'll definately scream when it hits top speed.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:07 PM
paythemanning

hmm...haha yeah i decided not to do it.. i like the stock talons anyway and plus its way expensive.. thanks for the reply