Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

does n e 1 know where to get a cheap rtr truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

does n e 1 know where to get a cheap rtr truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 02:10 AM
ziomatrixacs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does n e 1 know where to get a cheap rtr truck

hey all i been flyin helis for a few week but im thinkin about getting a truck to go with my 3 other helis im looking for a never used (i meen like never ran it before) RTR off road 4wheel drive nitro truck with all radio equip./engine ect. i know im asking for a bit much but there isnt realy much air space by my house but theres a lot of road o yeah it needs to be off or on road
thanks alot
------------------
caliber 30
raven 30
humming bird micro electirc
and a lot off x tra broken parts !!!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:16 AM
hitler75

From all the other threads in this forum, someone might bite my head off if I were to recommend the TMaxx .15 engine to you, but just for info, it's a nice 4wd nitro truck. Comes RTR and I've been having lots of fun with it.

Another good RTR truck is the Savage with .21 engine. But I heard you gotta do some mods on the dogbones and stuff as they tend to break easily. Anyway, you can always ask around at your LHS and tell them what you like your truck to do and see what they have to offer. Fun rules, cock screws
Old 05-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default As far as your LHS I would whatch it!

It depends on whether they are any good or not??? One of the many I go to has kids or old men working in there and unless you are buying a RC plne they don't know too much! I am not saying they are all bad because I know there not I am just saying watch it they will tell you to buy what ever it is that they are trying to get rid of and it could be junk or it could be the most expensive!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:29 AM
hitler75

I agree, why not go there with someone experienced with nitro stuff... if you're gonna be ripped off, at least you got someone else to blame
Old 05-05-2003, 09:50 AM
ziomatrixacs

o cool i heard a lot about traxxx u think i should go with them? its not like ill be raceing i just need something that could take a beating o yeah how do u know if other tiers are gunna fit on the truck???
Old 05-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Rex2342

If your looking for a good bashing truck I'd go with something other than the T-Maxx.There is a huge debate going on over the duribility of the engine in the maxx right now and it's not looking good on the side of the t-maxx.If you like the T-maxx try and find a rolling chassis and get a sirio engine or something else other than the TRX 2.5 but the truck itself will take a beating.You could also look at the Savage or the Ofna trucks(I think there's 3 of them)or the wait for the Hotbodies Dirt Demon or the AE Monster GT to come out I think the HB Dirt Demon may be out already but I'm not sure though.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:59 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

with naming brand this article should help you.

http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/ht_btruck.asp
Old 05-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default If you want to find a rolling chassie???

Look on Ebay! They have tons of parts and you could get just about anything there is for a Maxx there plus it can be very cheap! I got everything but the trans and the engine for $85 and I mean everything! Then all you need is a good engine and the trans! I went with the Robinson Racing forward and reverse primary gears and a Golden Horizon's forward out put gear and it works great! I had to get an extended chassie to put on a .21 and that was only $26! Oh, I used a Duratrax Torq .21 out of my brothers totaled Nitro Demon! It's fast and it only cost about $225 to bulid :thumbup:
Old 05-05-2003, 03:51 PM
perculator

Just for the record. I own a T-Maxx, and plan on getting a Savage soon just to see what it is like. I like the idea of a larger Big Block MT without the mods.

I can tell you this though.. I have an old T-maxx (not a 2.5) and it has always ripped like mad... I just put a Sirio .18 in it and it is even faster. It almost feels like my buddies 1/8th scale OFNA buggy but harder to control... I have crashed it many many times and and still amazed by the durability of it. It is truly made to be a very tough MT.

People will try to steer you away from the T-Maxx because the Savage is such a tough and durable machine. But if you look at how they are put together you will notice how much easier the T-Maxx is to work on, and how things are arranged in a more traditional Tray format rather than a cage like the Savage.

I can tell you one thing though... The T-Maxx has an almost endless supply of hop-ups... even Team Associated and Trinity are making stuff for it, go to E-bay if you wanna see some of the Mod's you can get for each.

Another benefit of the T-maxx is parts availability. It is a great truck, and will be around for quite a while I am sure.

If you really wanted to get the bad boy though get yourself the new HotBodies Dirt Demon that comes out any day now... It's about 100 bucks more than a T-maxx and comes out of the box with a bunch of real nice parts already on it... (like Aluminum shocks.)
Old 05-05-2003, 08:27 PM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

can you still get the tmaxx .15?
Old 05-05-2003, 09:22 PM
ziomatrixacs

i dunno im trying to find a well priced strong truck that popular and can be built with ease(or do they come all built unlike heli witch im used to building?) to bad there is so much to choose from :stupid:
Old 05-05-2003, 09:24 PM
ziomatrixacs

p.s. im not a big fan of used stuff cause you dont know what is wrong with it so i rather buy it never opened ..yea i know it sounds a bit picky but u know...
Old 05-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Rex2342

Monster trucks come assembled I don't know of one that doesn't come as a ready to run but I could be wrong.How much are you looking to spend?
Old 05-05-2003, 09:54 PM
ziomatrixacs

around $350-400 i will spend more or less if need altho it depends
Old 05-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Rex2342

Then it looks like your pretty well in limits for an MT Most of the trucks that were named fall in that price range with the exception of the Dirt Demon(500 I think).You can get a RTR Savage for 400 all you need is batteries and fuel.The T-maxx is 400 also but you need buy a 1500mhz battery pack and a charger along with the other batteries and fuel so that might go a little above the 450 mark depending on what kind of charger you get.The ofna trucks are anywhere between 350$ for a pirate10 to 600$ for a Titan and I don't have any experience with these trucks but I'm sure you'd be happy with ANY ONE OF THESE TRUCKS they are all very good and very durable.It looks like with your price range it would be either the Savage or the T-maxx so just go to the Hobby Shop and check them both out and see witch one you like and do a search on T-maxx vs. Savage to learn the pro's and con's of each truck because it has been discussed an un-believable amount of times.

Have fun with whatever you decide to get.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:06 AM
hitler75

My 1st nitro RC truck is the RTR T-Maxx. I still have it and it's running great. Honestly, I learnt everything RC from this truck. I know how the servos work, the receiver, batteries, spurs, clutch, engine and how each works with the other. It's easy to tune (in my opinion that is) and runs well. I do stunts, race and simply bash it with great ease.

So if you're new to nitro trucks, I would suggest getting the T-Maxx 2.5 stock and get the hang of handling an MT. Now, I build and upgrade my own cars and buggies all thanks to that 1st T-Maxx I own Have fun... you owe yourself that much...