Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 09:17 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help!!

hey guys i just got a t-maxx today. and i started to run it when i noticed that it jerks a lil when i give it a lil throttle it kinda jerks forward like it seems like something is wrong witht he tranny. also i looked everything over and i am still on my 3rd tank for the break-in and the spur gear when it spins is like a little bent. should i buy a new spur gear. also i think the tranny jerking is fromt he spru gear but then again i could be wrong. the jerking doesn't happy all the time though jsut sometimes. well if someone could help me that would be great. later!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help!!

Dont worry about either problem. The slipper clutch in the Tmaxx isnt the best ever. You need to lower your idle just until it stops the jerking, its the peg style slipper clutch in the trans, its what allows your reverse to work and its 100% normal. the spur gear is made of plastic and is not 100% "straight".
Old 05-06-2003, 10:19 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Default Need some help!!

thanks. that was really helpful. oh 1 more question. what would be better to get. a heat gun thing to measure the temp or an onboard measure? thanks for the help once again. later.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help!!

I like the temp gun, it allows you check all over the engine, the on board temp gauge only allows you to check hwerever you set the temp probe.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:42 PM
topdawg516-RCU

Default Need some help!!

ah ok i will get the gun then. thanks for all the helpful info Avalanche. later!