Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I need help with a brushless system. I need it to work in my rustler and my emaxx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I need help with a brushless system. I need it to work in my rustler and my emaxx

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
humvrlz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with a brushless system. I need it to work in my rustler and my emaxx

Hey i need a pretty inexpensive brushless esc and motor that can go back and forth between by rustler and my emaxx. I understand i will change out gears , but college is expensive and am still wanting to bl my stuff. Any help would be appriciated a whole lot.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: I need help with a brushless system. I need it to work in my rustler and my emaxx

CC side winder or Mamba max
Old 06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
humvrlz

Default RE: I need help with a brushless system. I need it to work in my rustler and my emaxx

I was going to use a max but i do not know what motor to use that would do well enough at both vehicles
Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 AM
HSVXU6

Find out the revs of both your motors then the average, work out what voltage batteries you are going to use, then find the KV rating that you need to make the average, then make up the rest with pinion/spur gear combinations on each vehicle, PM mboehk, he has just finished one of my style BL set ups and ask him what he thinks and then go from there
Old 06-04-2008, 06:08 AM
happywing

Tough call. The Mamba Max is a good choice for controller, but I don't know of a suitable motor for such different vehicles. Personally, I would choose a Novak HV-Maxx system. The 6.5 would be the best choice.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 AM
binaryterror

The problem is vehicles.

You have a light Rustler and a heavy and 4wd Emaxx. Controller wise you have options.

On the Motor side, you need a BIG motor for the emaxx, but a smaller one for the Rustler. I guess you could buy one, but you'd be over powered in the rustler to make the emaxx worth anything, and underpowered in the emaxx (could ruin a motor) and good for a rustler.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
humvrlz

Ok so motors wise what is good. I can tune the mamba down for the rustler that is not a problem. The main issue is for the emaxx. I am running stock everything and i do not want to just melt everything in there. I just want something that i can use to move my emaxx just a little faster than stock but better run times
Old 06-08-2008, 04:05 PM
humvrlz

Any body know of a motor?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
flmrustler25

I am using a feigao 2779rpm motor with a mamba max esc on a maxamps 3s lipo in my emaxx right now. The only problem is that the esc gets somewhat hot after a little while but I am going to put a fan on it which should help. I also ran this same motor, battery, esc combo on my rustler and its pretty fast as long as you gear it right. I geared it at 28/83. Its sort of heavy for the rustler but if you get some slightly stiffer springs it works good and people all stare when you have a motor that big in a rustler. Plus the rotor on that motor is small enough to use stock pinions. http://www.superfastrc.com/feigao-5408406xl-.html

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40406.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1052056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35237.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1052057  
Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 PM
mattman1147

well I have the Mamba Max ESC and wnat to get a Feigao Motor but i did not know what one to get 7 or 8 xl and I do not want to burn Up my ESC I would be using my mamba Maxxx Esc or should i use a VXL esc