Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

team losi's best what to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:30 PM
marlcidlosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default team losi's best what to buy?

Just wanted opinions on what people might think the best truck to buy? I like the losi 8ight-t RTR, Muggy, and LST2. I know most of the differences, but wanted more insight from people that might know more. I like truugies speed, but also like the tuffness and jumping ablity that the LST2 seems to have. My plans would be to run for fun in a local open field park thats huge, play around at the local track during test and tune, and maybe some light racing on Saturday. I just want to buy the truck I will use the most. Price really doesn't matter ( i Know the eight is the most). I am leaning towards the eight but please help. Let me know what differences actual drivers have had. And also what is the better truck for me. Also I love losi but any other names come to mind???? Thanks Mark
Old 06-10-2008, 01:18 AM
KRO

Default RE: team losi's best what to buy?

I'd say the LST2 would fit you best , it has reverse , decent all around use tires , and is the best basher outta their lineup IMO .
Old 06-11-2008, 04:03 PM
dgz69er

I would like to make a comment here. Before I go on. Please note this is just my opinion, and I am by know means a pro driver. Just a guy who works in a hobby shop part time, and is the race director at a local track.

I have owned a lst, lst2, aftershock, muggy, 8b x2, and a 8t. I have worked on and driven almost all of the losi vehicles there are. In MY opinion. I would say go with the 8t. It can do anything that the lst's, and muggy can do and it can do it better. I have jumped my 8t at bmx tracks, motorcycle tracks, on to buildings, over cars, at monster jam, and various other places. I've never broken an a-arm, I did break a stock shock tower, but that was after stuffing it into a building a few times while trying to jump on to the roof. I sold my muggy after I got my 8t. The same reason I got rid of my lst's and my aftershock. Its a superior vehicle. Also If you want to race it. Its much easier to setup and be competitive with racing than it is with the lst. Yes the center of gravity is lower, and no you won't be pulling any wheelies. The motors are basically the same. Same crank, same piston and sleeve. The carb is a little different on the teal headed mach vs. the orange headed mach. The intake hole on the carb is a different size. A very small amount, but the teal headed motor does allow for more air to flow through. The 8t comes with a better radio than the lst.

The lst comes with a larger fuel tank, for more run time. It also has a 2 speed tranny, and reverse. There are also more aftermarket parts available for the lst.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 PM
jbb

i would say 8t or lst2
Old 06-11-2008, 09:13 PM
marlcidlosi

thanks!!! I really like the muggy. I noticed it did not get any hits, any thoughts?? Also what about the ofna hyper truggie any advice???? thanks mark
Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

If you are gonna bash and race then a LST2 or 8T would be a good choice . I`ve had both and raced both . Really depends when you race if you want to race in a monster truck class or truggy class . Both are very bashable and will be happy with either one . Personally I`d stay away from the Hyper ST , they seem to wear a lot faster then the losi .
Old 06-13-2008, 09:15 PM
dgz69er

ORIGINAL: marlcidlosi

thanks!!! I really like the muggy. I noticed it did not get any hits, any thoughts?? Also what about the ofna hyper truggie any advice???? thanks mark

The muggy is a great car, it has a few problems that are a little more prevelant than the other trucks. It goes through clutchbells pretty quickly. You can fix that by using something the dynamite max life shoes, a vented clutchbell, and using lpr tires on 17mm hexes. Also the steering linkage is very inadequate. There is a fix where you use traxxas 6x11 bearings, and a jato linkage and it helps tighten up the steering. Other than that its fantastic. I'd also recommend going to one steering servo. Something like a 9000t or better. Then use one of the 590's on the throttle.

The thing about it is. After you do all this converting. You have basically made yourself a 8t with lst style bulkheads.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 PM
slayer1halo

i have the lst2 and 8ight-t

the lst2 is more of a basher it a great truck if you want to bash more than race it has great durabilty a 2 speed trany the lst is very heavy so the 8ight would out jump

the8ight is my favorite truck the durabilty is unbelivable as i run my cars HARD. i yet have broken a part after 6 gallons of hard use its a true racer light itll fly off jumps great radio good motor over all awesome truck

the muggy would have the best of both worlds but i havent driven it

Its really up to you because any losi truck you get is going to be good