Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Starter Box or Roto-Start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 PM
socal450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Box or Roto-Start?

I purchased a Platinum Revo,with a starter box (RD Logics) but have never used a box! Im new to rc and have been using roto-start in my other Revo.I tried the box using 2-6cell bats,that didnt work well(i now know now to use a gell-cell battery)I lost my patience ant put my roto-start motor in my Platinum! Is the starter box a better starting method? Tell me why.Convince me to keep the box!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:00 PM
JB COMP

Default RE: Starter Box or Roto-Start?

With a starter box you can run a bump start only engine and bump start only engines have less drag, so what that means is more rpm's better acceleration and maybe a little more power. With a starter box you also have more engines to choose from, since not all engines come in a pull/roto start version like the OS V-spec, Picco/jammin 21, Go tech 21 and 28, OS 28, and the GRP engines.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Mspeed

Starter boxes can be a pain if you dont have a good set up for your trucks or cars. If everything lines up right on and you have a setup with guides that help then a starter box might be more worth it. No more one way bearings or potential backplate bushing leaks. My two favorite starting systems are roto and box, maybe your better off with the roto for the revo. I use roto on my revo and box on my jato's. With my box, I could get it to work with the revo, but I find the roto just fine. If I had a platium I probably would just rig it to work off my box since the motor is only designed for that.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

With a starter box you can run a bump start only engine and bump start only engines have less drag, so what that means is more rpm's better acceleration and maybe a little more power. With a starter box you also have more engines to choose from, since not all engines come in a pull/roto start version like the OS V-spec, Picco/jammin 21, Go tech 21 and 28, OS 28, and the GRP engines.
I totally agree with JB COMP on this one, using a starter box gives you a lot more choices when choosing a new engine like the OS V-spec whick I only dream of using in my SuperMaxx.[X(] I would do anything to be able to use a bump start system so I can run the bad boys like the OS .28TX truggy engine!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:51 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're gonna race, use the box, if it's just bashing, use the roto-start