Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Warhead with Evo Upgrade steering

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead with Evo Upgrade steering

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:51 AM
madmax666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhead with Evo Upgrade steering

I am getting a tune up from a local shop and i am a begginner and i have no skills in taking stuff apart to fix it. But i have this problem of making turnes in time or turning at all sometimes. I am looking for a low cost but good servo. I wanted to keep my radio/controler but just wanted to replace the the steering servo or the black box thing. Once again i am not very into this but enjoy this.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Default RE: Warhead with Evo Upgrade steering

Here's the best servo for your buck. Equal power to $100 servos for only $40!!! Metal geared, strong, and it has a good warranty. I've only heard good reviews about it too!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNRT1&P=7

Good luck!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:45 AM
madmax666

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!! [sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]Now i was reading the other fourms talking about the differences between anolog and digital. Now would i have to buy a new reciever/radio to be compatable with the servo? How easy is it also to program all those other things. Sorry about all of this im kinda new. I got my tune up for $50!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 AM
madmax666

I foregot to ask if i went with this would i have or woulde people suggest i get a hump pack?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:53 AM
davido666

Get a good hump pack because when I switch to a digital servo in my Warhead the servo would not work right.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Yeah, a hump pack not only allows for more performance from the servo, but the servo draws more power because it is digital, therefore you need more capacity, which a hump gives you.

The digital should work without a problem... Works on all other stock Radio systems.

Get the hump, I recommend the Venom 1200mah 5-cell hump pack from tower. $22, but it's worth it!!! Do you have a charger for a hump pack???
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
madmax666

my brother has a savage x ( i couldnt wait to buy the warhead because of all the hipe. WRONG IDEA!) and he has a hump pack and charger. My truck finally got my truck back from the shop today. They fixed-
transmision
wheels
gas tank
fuel lines
spur gear
and normal tune up cleaning and fixing
It might run better now that every thing is tightened up and cleaned. My gas tank wasnt holding any pressure but there was also a leak some where.Cost $50 and 4 something for the steel spure gear. Hobby guy said it will probley run like a new engine so i have to treat it like i was breaking it in. If the steering is still a problem after i test it out ill come back!
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:10 PM
madmax666

Just ran it for a bit out side on my road . Going off a small jump once and a while and it seemed to run fine at 251 degrees fairenhiet. But once and a while i would have to shut it off because i lost control if the trotle and steering. I put new batteries in both servos but it did that once more. It could also be that my fail safe it detecting something i can see and is doing its job or glitching. I dont know what it is but i dont think i need the servo any more. My brothers savage X is the one that needs it now LOL!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
madmax666

ahh i always think of stuff after im finish with one post. After i was finished running it i put in the after run oil put it away and went to shoot some hoops on the road and there where a lot of exaust markes on the road like where it had been using a lot of gas there and if a lot of gas more exaust. Just a percausion.
THANK YOU VER VERY MUCH!!!
Thanks, MATT