Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mgt vs savage

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
CarFreak92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgt vs savage

hey guys i just got $700 for getting good grades on my exam and i have decided on either an MGT 4.6 or a Savage 4.6. I am considering the 8.0 but the XL i just dont like because its too long for my taste. so can i please have your opinions on which to get
Old 08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: mgt vs savage

Both are great trucks really. First decide which savage, and mgt you really want. Then narrow it down. The MGT 4.6 compared to the 8.0 is a pretty big difference. The 4.6 is a nice motor, tunes easy, runs a little warm. The 8.0 tunes easy, runs common temps, and has some really sick power. Not even a power comparison between the two really. The 8.0 is overall beefed up, in comparison to the 4.6. Though the forward only conversion, is STILLLLL not available for the 8.0 tranny. So if you had racing in mind, with that option, you're outta luck. Also, the 8.0 drinks fuel really really bad. lol. But you just cant argue with the power! Both handle real well, and both have many hop ups available. Personally, i like the 8.0 more. Now for the savages, though you dont like the XL length, im gonna tell ya they both handle entirely different. The Xl is waaaaay smoother of a ride, and doesnt roll over like the standard length savage. The stock XL motor is also a beast, but not quite like the 8.0. Between the two trucks honestly, you cant go wrong. Which is why im mostly just pointing out some differences for ya, rather than giving you my opinion on which to buy. So i'll say this much. I like my Savage XL more than my SS, and i like the 8.0 more than any other MGT i've owned. To compare them, i like them both about the same for bashing. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 PM
CarFreak92

im just looking for something to bash and do wheelies with adn fromwhat i can see bot of these can take a hell lot of pounding before they break and can wheelie on comand.
but i think i just might get the 8.0 and swap something smaller into it when i finally kill the engine. but i havnt bought it yet so please keep giving me tips on which to get
Old 08-27-2008, 11:23 PM
jdm_k20

savage hands down is the best choice, it's practically bullet proof

I seriously couldn't break this truck and trust me, i've tried lol
Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORPicRTKr_0&fmt=18

some MGT bashing. I like savages too. here's my MGT with stock 4.6 modded engine and RPM arms on front!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I like about the MGT is the flat pan chassis for ease of maintenance. That alone isn't enough to sway me to buy one though. I say get the Savage.